TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 30, 2011 users admin

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Lyn, I loved the whole wedding. It was such a happy occasion and I hope that he stays true to this family. They deserve it.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Just found "Mantracker" on Science Channel last night. It's a Canadian OLN network series already in it's 5th season.
http://www.mantracker.ca/
2 "prey" are given a compass, a destination in a wilderness area (20-23 miles) and 2 days to reach it (they wear their own clothes & bring their own backpack/etc).
"Mantracker" and "Sidekick" (a local outdoors person familiar with the territory) are behind 2 kilometers when the flare lites the start.
They pursue on horseback. Might seem unfair but there are places horses cannot go. To be captured then must be cornered or roped by "Mantracker" or "Sidekick".
Prey are typically experienced in orientering and good physical shape, but we've seen all ages in the 4 episodes we watched last night.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Rachael from BB is going to be on TLC's "Say Yes To The Dress" Friday 11/18/11.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jag2000, are you sure? I think you got the wrong show name. I just jumped through my listings for that date and it shows her on a show called "Brides of Beverly Hills". I'll type out exactly what it says.

Brides of Beverly Hills
9-9:30p Fri 11/18
New, "Rachel; Sarah", (2011), A former reality-TV star and an Emmy-winning producer shop for wedding Dresses. (Reality).

Watching2

07-07-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
That show is on right after "Say Yes to the Dress." It's the same premise only the dresses cost more and it's really just one woman who owns the store who is on the most. I saw a preview last week and yep, there was Rachael!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I just watched the Aussie show "I'm a Celebrity get me out of here" It's so good Stephanie Powers is on it and a bunch of Brits. I can only watch it on YouTube but so many viewers post videos, it's great.

Does anyone know if we have a thread of this show already? Wanted to start a thread but when I go to the archives I can't get the page to load to check. Thanks.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
My memory isn't the best, but I'm pretty sure this show was on here in the U.S. more than a few years ago. Was that the one where Joan Rivers and her daughter were on one of the seasons? I think I remember Bruce Jenner on there, too. I'm going to look it up.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
yes but it's completely different than the US show (which I didn't watch after the first show it was horrible )plus Stephanie Powers is on it and some really funny Brits it's very funny.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Reality Steve has up the names and pictures of about 15 of the women on the new Bachelor Ben.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Dirty Soap? I can't stop!!! LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hiya Mapl, I've seen it about 2 or 3 times. It's fun!

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Hi Mame! Some of my fondest memories are staying with my gramma and watching the soaps.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mapl, I used to love the soaps! I've written for Soap Opera Weekly (a very long time ago) and interviewed many Soap Stars. I’ve been fortunate to have gone to the Daytime Emmy's in NYC, including some after-parties. One year I took a galpal with me and she still talks about how much fun it was. I’ve been on the set of The Guiding Light and met with Liz Taylor's son Michael Wilding Jr. who played Jackson Freemont from '85-'87. I also have lots of photos, and if I ever find them, I might post them. As well, Jeanne Cooper (Katharine Chancellor) on the Y&R was a pal and we spoke on the phone often in those days, (although I don't recall if we actually met in person). She's awesome!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Cool Mame! Loved Kate Chancellor on Y&R. Watched way back in the day when Terry Lestor played Jack Abbott. He was the best Jack. After he left, I did too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have enjoyed Dirty Soap, keep forgetting when it is on but look for it in reruns.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
Lucky Mame!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Some days, I feel like Cinderella - in reverse. LOL.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, November 25, 2011 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Braxton Family Values? I'm strangely addicted to this show. Tamar is a NIGHTMARE lol. I feel bad for Traci, she lays into her so much. Not sure how I got sucked into this one, I'm pretty good about staying away from the reality shows. Dang.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching All-American Muslim? I caught a few episodes tonight. A very good reality show. They are virtually the least trashy people I've seen on a reality show, lol. Interesting show.

I knew there were a lot of Muslims in the Detroit area, being from Michigan, but I enjoyed seeing a slice of life from that community. What surprised me was the flat Michigan accents. Guess that creeps in everywhere!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
How many seasons of Top Chef Masters has there been? We are always behind in Canada so I don't want to check the official site and end up spoiled.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Jasper, I think there have been two (but I wouldn't swear to it).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I may be getting All-Stars mixed up in my head.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I taped "Being Chaz" on OWN, Sunday night. Geeze, he is in an unhealthy relationship! He gave a ring to the woman he's been engaged to for 2 years (been together 6), and she only took it begrudgingly. Apparently, Chaz wants her to sign a pre-nup and she says it's not about the money... he wants her to sign that she will never drink alcohol again. She said that she can't promise that, and this argument has been ongoing pretty much for years.

Chaz is actually sort of a cold fish towards her from what I saw. I'm not sure they're in it for the long haul. This poor woman started dating Chaz when he was a woman, so they were lesbians. Now she is struggling with the whole transition, even though she loves Chaz. And I hadn't heard, but apparently Chaz was an addict of some sort for years as well.

They showed him getting the call to do DWTS, and he said he needed to do it for the money. And he was fairly negative about his relationship with Cher, too.

I think they're a mess, and this show didn't do a single thing to show transgendered people in a good light, IMO. I'm not sure why he has promoted this special as being a way to "get the word out" and inform people about transgenders and transitions. It was just a drama filled hour like any other reality show. I learned nothing, really, about his transition process, emotionally, physically, or any way!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
On one of the entertainment shows tonight, they showed Chaz as Chastity on the celebrity weight loss or an addiction show.

It's too bad that his show is not fulfilling what was promised. I've met quite a few transgendered folks and they really have a rough time of it. Hopefully, the show will end up providing what was promised. They could use the support.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure this type of show is where you should learn about transgendering. It's entirely likely that the intent, too, was to show that a transgendered man is just the same as any other man... with the same problems and hang ups and addictions and relationship issues.

If you are interested in learning more about the process, let me know.