TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 10, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 10, 2011 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.aoltv.com/2011/12/08/michelle-duggar-miscarriage/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing5%7Cdl10%7Csec1_lnk3%7C118723

I guess the only up side is that Josie will get more time being the baby and I think she needs just that.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I agree, Seamonkey. I do think her parents should have considered that themselves, though.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I am sorry for their loss, but sadly, not surprised.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, Gal..

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
It appears from what they are saying happened, she didn't really miscarry. The baby died in utero. They usually have to induce labor and the mom has to deliver the baby. The same thing happened to my sis-in-law, but they saw the baby right after and held him. It's heart-breaking. For my sis-in-law, they called it "unexplained fetal death" since there was nothing they could find that would explain why the baby died. They did have a full-term healthy baby a couple of years later. I'm a bit confused why they have to wait to find out if it was a boy or girl.

I'm sorry they had to go through that and I hope they decide to spend more time with the children they already have, especially Josie and Jordan. I think that is all I will say at this time. :-)

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
It's possible they couldn't see the gender through ultrasound. They are going to name the baby and give him or her a funeral. I'm a bit torn about how I feel about that, too.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Me to I am sorry but not surprised

Watching2

07-07-2001

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
How do I say this somewhat delicately? My point is with a fetus/baby of that size, you see a miniature baby. The staff could have just taken it off if they didn't want to see it, but the staff should have been able to see whether it was a boy or girl by sight, and could tell them. My sis-in-law wanted to see her baby and they wrapped him in a little towel & brought him to her and my brother so they could hold him for a while. It's supposed to help the grieving process. I'm assuming the situation there since they didn't know anything was wrong until the doc couldn't find the heartbeat, so she didn't miscarry at home. I would have assumed the doctor would have taken care of her right then. FWIW

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
The story leaves us not knowing whether she miscarried later after their MD appointment, or weather because there was no heartbeat the fetus was removed. They didn't say that there was no heartbeat OR fetus. I initially thought she miscarried at home and wondered what it was they were holding a funeral for. A few more questions than answers

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
That is very sad.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
um... let's try "whether" instead of "weather" Huk you dummy

Conistired

05-08-2011

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Conistired a private message Print Post    
They say they are leaving the number of children to God and this is His way of saying 19 is enough.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I think the fetus was 20 weeks. I went to an open casket funeral for a 23 week old fetus. Nothing prepares you for that.

Whether it's #1 or #20 it's still sad :-(

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I know that people get very judgmental about the Duggars having so many kids, but this was nothing unusual back in the day before there was birth control. My grandmother was part of a family of 8 where there were also several miscarriages. She said that there were *25* surviving children in one of her friend's families. My grandmother's family did not have any twins, so between the surviving children and the miscarriages, my great grandmother was in Duggar territory with regard to number of pregnancies, with far less in prenatal care.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
When Michelle had her first miscarriage (about 20 years ago?) didn't she say that was God's way of telling them to let him decide how many children they will have? But this miscarriage is his way of saying they should stop letting him decide?

I feel bad for them, twenty weeks is well along both physically and emotionally. I feel bad for the children too, especially being in the media, they will have to grieve in a much more exposed way then an average family.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
FROM MSNBC.COM:

On her doctor's advice, Michelle said she plans to let the miscarriage happen naturally. Other options would be taking drugs to bring on contractions or having surgery. Michelle told People because of the cut to her uterus during the emergency C-section for her last child, her doctor said letting her body miscarry naturally would be the safest way to go.

."I am resting and I have felt good physically, which is strange," Michelle told People magazine. She said as recently as Nov. 25 her daughter Jill, 20, who is studying to be a midwife, listened to the baby's heartbeat.

On Dec. 3, she said, "I felt a little uncomfortable but I thought it was just something I'd eaten. It could have been the beginning of something going wrong."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It really is a heartbreak to have to deliver a baby like this and of course those really close to term must go through all the labor, knowing the child isn't living.. gut-wrenching, for sure. I'm sure this is one point in time where they'd rather not be under contract and could have been more private about the pregnancy and the sad end to this little one. Too bad this becomes an internet link.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Could someone with medical knowledge enlighten me about what happens to the fetus once it dies in the womb? Does the fact that it is still in utero keep it from beginning the biological deterioration which follows death? If the deterioration does begin to occur, how is that not toxic to the mother?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Tntitanfan...it can be very difficult to answer your question because it can vary. A lot of it can depend on why the baby died, and a lot of times there is no answer to that question, even after the baby is delivered. I would normally expect the mother to go into labor within 72 hours at this gestational age, but it also could be sooner or later than that . The mother should be strictly monitored during this time to make sure that there is no sign of infection or leakage of amniotic fluid, and no hemorrhaging and particularly in Michelle's case, no preeclampsia symptoms. You would expect to see some discoloration in the baby, along with some edema, but the amniotic fluid will keep the deterioration from happening.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope she is staying in very close contact with her doctor, being monitored. Of course the reason she gave for not being induced make sense in terms of her fairly recent C Section, but they certainly don't want to jeapardize Michelle's life or health at this point.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
very sad indeed - going for that 19th or 20th week visit to find out the gender is so exciting - so to get that news would be heartbreaking to say the least.... the family should not be judged at all...

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
My dad's first wife had a baby die in the last trimester. They made her carry the baby to the end. (normal delivery time) This was in 1959 or so.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I had questioned my OB why they let the woman continue to carry the baby when it had died. He explained that they would not want to do a C-section for a dead baby and even if they did induce labor, there was no guarantee she would go into labor just because she was pregnant. That's a misconception many have. I just thought it had to be horrible to continue to carry the child when you new it was no longer alive. I'm sure there is protocol for what should follow if this method is not successful. Sheeeesh - i hate just talking about it.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Kelldogg - Thank you for your clear and complete explanation! I love the spirit of helpfulness that lives at TVCH!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I second Tnt's post.

Michelle is in my prayers for this to be quickly over for her. Then they can get on with their grieving. May God bless the whole family during this sad time.