TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 08, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 08, 2011 users admin

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I don't care how they raise their children. I don't care about their religion.

This is what I care about...I work in Perinatology...high risk obstetrics. I deal with women every day who are at risk for and who do delivery extremely premature babies. I have seen many babies die due to prematurity. It is the leading cause of death in children under the age of 1. Michelle has many risk factors for a premature delivery, the greatest of which is a previous pregnancy with early onset preeclampsia. That makes her risk of delivering the next child prematurely extremely high. Add her age into that and we could very well see a very dangerous situation.

I hope this doesn't happen, I hope her pregnancy goes well, and she delivers a healthy, happy full term baby. But I have to say that they are definitely taking a chance. And it's one thing to take a chance with your own health, to me it's another thing to take a chance with a baby's health and well being.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with what you say about the dangers of her high risk pregnancy.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Bravo Kell! You said exactly what I've been thinking.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
As a former Baptist, I can tell you they are NOT in the normal Baptist realm. The majority of Baptists women wear pants and they are not secluded with raising their children. I was raised in an even stricter than Baptist home and we wore pants. The Duggars follow a specific preacher who has a totally different view of things. They have a non-denomational home church based on the Institute in Basic Life Principles. There is a whole regimen of child-rearing...etc.. Research Bill Gothard.

Keldogg, it is my hope that Michelle delivers a healthy baby and that her health is not compromised.
Time will tell if those children (older girls) truly had a happy and carefree childhood.

Snee

06-26-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
i thought they were part of the 'quiverful' movement...

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Yes, they do that, too.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Would you consider the little twirl the guy in Copenhagen? did with Michelle dancing and did he pick her up and give her big ole kiss, twice?

I lol when sound effect of a car crash when the sword swallowing street performer said he didn't believe in god.

I really enjoyed this episode.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
Twiggy, as a CURRENT Baptist, I can tell you there are a lot of Baptist women who do not wear pants and families who believe in many of the same things, i.e., home schooling, quiverful, being debt free etc. as the Duggars. I am Southern Baptist and can tell you of three families in our church at this moment who follow these practices and we do not adhere to anything Bill Gothard teaches.

I believe they mentioned the reason they are having church at home is the church they were attending was a great distance away and so they started a new church in their home. There are about 100 attending church in their home each Sunday.

BTW, I believe there's a great disparity in happy and carefree. One is not dependent upon the other.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I believe the twirl and kisses were from Jim Bob "her wonderful husband".

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
AHHHHHH OMG! I thought it was some stranger. I was shocked. Thank goodness it was JimBob. LOL I feel much better now. Thanks Gran!!!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just watched the show. I was thoroughly entertained.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, yes, thank goodness. If it had been another man, we may have, in time, seen another 20 children with him. Oy!

Serate

08-21-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Would you consider the little twirl the guy in Copenhagen? did with Michelle dancing and did he pick her up and give her big ole kiss, twice?

The twirls were from a Scottish man. The dip and kiss were from Jim Bob.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Serate, thx, so the twirl was from a stranger. hmmmm I'd say that was a dance move. Shame on you Michelle. LOL

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
MissPoufy, no offense to Baptist's.. I'm still Christian. I have many friends who are Baptists, believe it or not..Yes, I know that is what everyone says. However, the Duggars follow, "Institute in Basic Life " look it up.
Yes, I have very very conservative Baptist friends, but they don't follow that institute. It has specific instructions on raising children and discipline, which is very controversial. I researched it. That's my point. The Duggars say they are nondenominational in the home church studies.

http://www.batteredsheep.com/gothard.html

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved their trip, but was so sad little Josie got ill. Poor Michelle looked exhausted by the time she got back to Arkansas.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
There was a miscarriage
People mag
Michelle Duggar Miscarries

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I know they must be so heartbroken and I am very sorry they are experiencing this sadness.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, too. I just don't want to say what I'm thinking, though.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'm with Twiggy

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
Yep, I read that too. Very sorry. I really hope they stop at 19.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
I'm also with Twiggy and Scoot. (sigh)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
With Twiggy, Scoot and Alwayzmovin I don't want to comment on my thoughts.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I wish she and her husband had a bit more consideration for the children they already have. Oh, maybe raise them themselves instead of expecting them to raise each other.

I like large families. I just think the parents of this one are incredibly selfish and self-absorbed, to the detriment of their huge family of mostly still very young children.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I just read that article and she also miscarried her 2nd pregnancy. She was taking oral birth control and basically blamed that for the miscarriage. That's when they decided to leave the number of children up to God. I sure hope they might consider this as God giving them a reason to stop.