TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 02, 2011 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Don't forget - Rob Mariano from Survivor's new show starts tonight on the History Channel.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Saw 30 minutes of "Around The World In 80 Ways" and turned it off. Not my kind of show.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Jag, it sounds like you made it a little further than I did. I wanted to like it, but it was just too boring.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 02, 2011 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It started out slow and I was getting bored with it too, but I stuck with it and really enjoyed the last 10 or 15 minutes, so I'll give it another chance. I think the 2 guys being unfamiliar with each other made it difficult at first, took them a bit to warm to each other. Also, when they got to the lake we were told some history about the lake. I hope they show improves a bit or I'll give up on it too.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch Come Dine With Me? UK or Canada? I highly recommend it, it's a hoot.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 06, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
yes yes yes Jasper, is it on at the moment?? I looove it, but BBC America showed one season and then stopped. Have they restarted or is it just on in Canada?

Actually if anyone likes cooking related shows, there is a just excellent series that's just completed airing in the UK: The Great British Bake Off. They start with 16(ish) amateur bakers, and each week they're given three things to bake with a theme (e.g. one week is pies, one week is cake, one week is bread...) and one or two people leave each week. Meanwhile during the show they tell a bit of the history of what they're making. It's not shown in the US so you'll have to find it online, but I have a link if anyone is interested and can't find it. It is SUCH a good show, the only drawback is at the end of each episode you're desperate to cook something and if you're like me your cupboard is bare!

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Saturday, October 08, 2011 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I LOVE Come Dine with me. I am watching some on youtube, because they stopped it on BBC America..I think there was one last episode and they stopped it. Did you notice how horrible BBC America is now? It used to have shows like Cash in the attic, and how clean is your house and stuff like that, and now it's loaded with Gordon Ramsey shows and Dr. Who..and the car show-I forget the name..anyway..KITT could I have the link please? TIA!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, October 10, 2011 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Ruby,
You can watch it HERE

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I don't know where to put this info, but RealitySteve has some of the women who are going to be on the new Bachelor Ben.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
We had lots of the "Come Dine with me" shows on demand - then they all disappeared - it got DD to make cream brulee - LOL She figured if those clueless people could make it - then so could she! (and it was delicious!)

I've noticed that with quite a few shows I'll be watching - they'll show lots of episodes, then when I go to watch with dh - they've disappeared!! There was this one about American Team for Beard contest (DS loves this -ug, he now sports mutton chops because of it) He wanted to show dh and the other ds - and it went from all the episodes to two!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Rslover - Thank you - there's a whole season of COme Dine With Me - Ireland, same snarky guy is voice overing - - hysterical...

but episode one - that farmer guy - GROSS! roflol

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
ooooo - oo! Chris in Mad Fashion on Bravo now! He was such a breath of fresh air (imo) on Project Runway, now he's doing the BIG Mad Fashions - tonight he's designing for Dina Manzo! and it doesnt like there is going to be any villains, or bad guys - yay!

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I love Come Dine With Me too. I havent seen the English version for months but the Canadian one is just the same. I dont know how they talk people into being on the show. If they like to drink too much or cant cook as well as they think they can, they get raked over the coals! You wouldn't want to show your face after being on this!!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Just saw ad for a show going to air at 5 pm/8pm tonight on Style - Channel 235 on Direct TV. It is about cleaning out a house New york Style.

I might give it a look.

The ad said 8pm but it shows here at 5pm also.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
So far, this show reminds me of Hoarders but it is about a young family with small kids.

The mom was an only child and had a maid clean up after her.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
They are supposed to throw out stuff but they sure are dragging their feet.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
It's a version of Clean House but set in New York with a different cast. I think the regular Clean House cast is much better. The female host of this show seemed rude and condescending.

I never could figure out where the kids sleep. Was there another room we didn't see or do they sleep in the office/playroom?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Top Chef Texas starts on Weds. 11/02 on Bravo at 10:00 PM. Cant't wait!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone watch "Downsized" on WE? I really like it. It's not a downer, but it does deal with situations that probably many families find themselves in now.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Jag - I have that on my calendar! I am looking to see some BIG egos on that show!

Lorib

05-18-2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorib a private message Print Post    
Me and my husband do Gran..It's nice to see other people in the same boat as us. Of course they are on a bigger scale than us,but we are a blended family struggling to make ends meet..

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Lorib, Did you see the last episode - Bailey's encounter with an abusive boyfriend? I thought that was such an important message and was relieved that it was caught early on.
To anyone who might want to watch, it's not all serious. They are a boisterous family with a lot of light moments.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Sunday, October 30, 2011 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching the Gene Simmons/Shannon Tweed wedding (PVR) - wow, I had no idea Sophie could sing! Best voice I've heard in a while...I'm impressed

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Monster-In-law on A&E? Wow! these in-laws are something else. I didn't realize how good I had it with my mother-in-law. Check it out.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Wednesday, November 02, 2011 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
As my DD said, "Why bother, Mom, you lived it?"

I think I'll pass