TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2011 users admin

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Don't know if this is true or not, but on the view today they said that Kate told her kids to pray that she gets another job so they can continue to go to the same school. She is a real piece of work if that is true...

What's wrong with having children pray for what they want?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I just think of the problems with tv reality and kids - Octomom, Teen Mom - Kate and her kids -

it does open up to "how would I behave?" or IF only... scenarios...

All over this country people have to move for work, for loss of work, etc - and NO one wants to put their kids in situation into moving schools - I so get that - I'll never forget when I had to move my Junior year of High School (to a rival HS!) my dad had promised that he would NEVER do that to his kids, since his dad made them move every 2 - 3 years!

same with dh - his father made them move every 2 - 3 years, and he never wanted to put our kids through that -

but its the same thing I feel when I hear someone say "I'm so blessed because...." and I think, crap, what does that make me because we didnt get that prayer answered for us? (same with disease, or cancer - its just so hard - I get that Kate puts herself out there on speaking tours in Christian Churches, so I think its natural for her - I dont think its a put on at all - it just rubs me wrong because of the "what if" what if its not answered then do the kids think God doesnt love them?)

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Having kids pray for what they want is not really what prayer is about. It sends a terrible message. If my son wants a Wii, would I tell him to pray for one?? No way. To me that is like abusing prayer.

Now, to pray for something like mommy getting a job, I will admit is quite a bit different. BUT. I would never say it on nat'l TV. It would look too much like a call for pity. Poor me. No, instead of having your kids pray for you to get a job, how 'bout you just go out and get one without stressing or worrying the kids. They do not deserve to be nervous about the bills getting paid or for their lives to get turned upside down yet again..

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
To each his own

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Somehow I doubt that [Kate] <93> has burned through her money. I suspect that she has squirreled a good chunk of that away. I have a hunch that what is really going on is that she is throwing everything she can out there: please pity me, please pity my kids, wah wah wah...KEEP ME, I MEAN US ON T.V!!!! wah, wah, wah

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Sure she is; she did it before when the first show blew up, crying on tv about "how will I put food in my kids' mouths if they cancel the show"; meantime, they were pulling in hundreds of thousands (at least) per season. Kate Gosselin has *no* shame, on any level. And here we go again, using the 'poor me and my kids' schtick.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I agree Julie -- children should not be in a position to be praying for mommy to get work. They should be protected from that burden -- that kind of worry and stress is for adults, not to be shared or put on the shoulders of children.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
especially when i suspect the stress is fabricated.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Julie - isnt that what the book "The Secret" is all about? and story/dream boards?

Praying imho is a personal, private, spiritual time - I do know that it is common to put out there - please pray for us - (I guess I should've prayed differently - please pray for a wii? or that we have money to spend on a WII)

ITA Julie

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Random thought from reading all the discussion about Kate's finances.

I wonder how much per month she spends for health insurance for herself and the kids (assuming that Jon doesn't have a job w/ health insurance benefits.)

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
my two cents. LOL

the bible does tell us to pray for anything, so her asking the kids to do that imho isn't out of line. i have certainly asked my kids that God help me find a job.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:6-7).

"And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints" (Ephesians 6:18).

When she was talking about doing whatever she could to keep her kids in their house and school, I thought to myself 'what parent wouldn't try to do that?' i know my husband and i did everything possible when we were having our financials issues to keep our kids in their home and school. sure, we could have sold our house and moved into an apartment in a less expensive area of town but until we had no other options at all, we weren't going to do that.

Debra

11-20-2003

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I just noticed the thread title. It always made me sad seeing the Jon crossed out. Sad that we watched them go from Jon and Kate plus 8 to Kate plus 8.

I wish this family the best.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
<chuckle> Debra I just noticed now the whole thread title is crossed out!

I too wish the family the best -

I couldnt help thinking how different that trip (RV) would've been with the Duggers, or how about the Duggers + Kate's 8? two completely different families and family dynamics I know - but the stress level Kate seems to be under always seems to be magnified on TV - and on the message boards, I do wish her peace

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Grooch, good point. We have to pay our own health insurance premiums in full (neither of us has employer paid health insurance) and it is the biggest expense we have except for our mortgage. (and that is with our oldest child off our insurance because she does have employer paid health insurance). So that is just for 4 of us, Kate needs insurance for 9.

Maybe some of what Kate is talking about is more fear of financial difficulties in the future than the actual reality. (Maybe she could actually stretch what she does have for longer than she wants...ie, no more private school etc. even if that would be best for the kids and lets face it, most people don't want to uproot their kids.)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
but the stress level Kate seems to be under always seems to be magnified on TV - and on the message boards, I do wish her peace}

I bet you the show could have been edited to show the trip was all peaches and cream...or edited to show what truly transpired...a bit of both. It seem the edit was done on purpose to show Kate at her worst.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think the tlc peeps just ran out of energy, it has to be exhausting to try to show Kate in a good light and it's probably getting harder and harder trying to show the gaggle of kids in a good light too. I think this time tlc just let it ride and didn't do much to paint Kate as anything but what she is.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 16, 2011 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did the crossout.. and I'll actually miss the show. Wish them all the best.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2011 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
ITA Lilfair...
I think the magic editing has been done ever since TLC decided it was going to keep it's then popular money making show going and back Kate.
There was a wave of Jon hate at that point and he was bad mouthing TLC, so they decided to try and keep the show afloat, let Jon hang out there in the wind and shoot himself in the foot over and over again, while they groomed Kate, approved her appearances and coached her on what to say, and edited out her negative and accentuated her positive.. but I think when her ratings went down and the cancellation was inevitable they made a decision to let the real Kate be shown..

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Kate Gosselin Lines Up New Job

http://news.yahoo.com/kate-gosselin-lines-job-203310531.html

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Just wondering why the title is crossed off for this thread? When other shows are canceled their titles are still showing.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good for Kate. I wish her well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oxies.. first we crossed off Jon when he went off the show and thus it went.. glad Kate has a new gig!

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
She got a job as a "coupon lady". I use coupons. Can I get a job as a "coupon lady"?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
What's stopping you? :-)

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Personally, I would love to see Kate as the next Bachelorette!