TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 09, 2011 users admin

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LMAO Huk'd!!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Watching2, my sentiments exactly. If the family as a whole is happy, functioning well, and is self-supprting, I guess I don't have much room to argue. But for pete's sake, I only have four cats and I don't have enough time, attention and laps to give them to keep them all satisfied. How on earth do these kids get satisfactory one-on-one attention from their parents? The ones in the middle have to be on their own. The oldest have to be caring for the youngest. How is this fair?

Admission: I don't watch this show, maybe saw part of one episode so I have NO idea how they make it work or whether everyone in the family is in good shape with how things are being managed.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
I'm disgusted! You would think Jim Bob would care more about the health of his wife and kids. And they are bragging that it will be the biggest gap in ages yet. All those kids to care for and she talks about her time every day on the elliptical. Oh yeah, that's right. Just make the older kids do all your work.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
They are very lucky that Josie is doing well. I have friends who just buried their baby that was born at the same gestational age as Josie was, who lived for 30 days before passing away.

I believe in a woman's right to choose, but I also believe that women should understand that having a child is not about you and what you want, but about the child and its right to a healthy and happy life.

I also hope that this next baby is born full term and healthy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is it wrong to hope that her biological clock stops ticking?

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I am hoping the baby and Michelle come out of it ok then Jimbob should be have a little operation so maybe this won't happen again.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I so agree with you Watching! I think of micropreemies and their struggle and pain. As I said, I truly hope she watches her diet..and that high blood pressure. (salt is a big no no)

Sheila.. yup..snip snip..it's quick. I don't think his ego would allow that, though.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Nope I agree with Twiggish LOL :-)

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Poor Michelle but she had to agree to it.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Where is Jana?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Jana was actually there with them on the Today Show, first time I've seen her in a long time. I wonder if she is busy with classes or something somewhere other than at home. She was holding Josie and I hate to say it, but Josie looked a little "off" to me. I hope she is growing well, physically and mentally. Nothing prior to yesterday indicated anything was amiss, but I couldn't help notice that she looked different. Maybe she was just under the weather?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You know, we give these people so much grief, and yet Kody Brown has fathered 17 children...with another 3 living under his roof from Robyn's former marriage, and nobody seems to suggest he get snipped. I have far less issues with the Duggars than I do the Browns (my biggest issue is the potential health risks to the baby and Michelle due to the multiple pregnancies as opposed to their ability to raise healthy, seemingly normal children).

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Really? I think Kody Brown has been bashed pretty good in that thread, lol! Personally, I think he's a jerk. And as far as the Duggars go, I think most of us are more concerned with Michelle's health as well as the baby's.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At least the 17 kids in the Brown family came from 6 adults.. remember there was another father involved for Robyn's first 3 kids. (and I think the TOTAL is 17, including the three not fathered by Kody http://starcasm.net/archives/69942). Not that I think even that many kids is a good thing for the planet.. I keep hearing that this family (Duggars) are totally self sufficient.. but last I heard they weren't off the grid completely and they still breathe the air, use the water, etc.

I assume that continuing to have kids helps to guarantee the continuation of their show, with increasing money involved and trips too.. yes, it was such a bad thing for Gosselin kids to be taken on trips, so I imagine it is really hard on this bunch of kids too (NOT.. I'm kidding.. just haven't heard anyone criticize this family or the Roloffs for some of the same perks.

And of course I wish any baby well, but, while I understand the chances people will take to have a baby, taking chances having babies after this many children seems like a very bad idea.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Josie has what I call the "preemie" look. It's very common for preemie babies to have that type of look, and it will usually go away by the time they are 4 or 5. Of course, I don't think her look is helped by those fake curls they stick on her head.....

Oxies_luv

05-13-2005

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oxies_luv a private message Print Post    
Every time I see Josie and her fake curls, it reminds me of Aunt Pittypat from Gone with the Wind.

<http://images.wikia.com/gonewiththewind/images/6/6f/Pittypat1.png>

(can someone fix the link if necessary? - thanks)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I was going by an article I read this morning that said "the 16 children were bullying Robyn's 3 children." If that is wrong I stand corrected.

No matter what, Kody apparently breeds like a rabbit.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, I know the premie look well, worked with children for 15 years in physical therapy! What I saw on the Today show wasn't that, it was almost a Down Syndrome look, which of course would have presented itself at birth. She must have not been feeling well or something, but she definitely looked odd to me!

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Hukdonreality, now I'm going to have to find a link for the show and take a look... :-)

ETA: I found one and looked at it and saw what you meant...but then went and found some stills of her and they didn't have the same look. She did look like she had a runny nose on the show, so maybe she had a little respiratory virus or something and was just feeling a little "punky".

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Oh no comparison to Cody. I don't care if they have 100 children if they were all heathy. My concern is that Michelle has problems again and the risk to another baby. So, yeah, I say he should get snipped.

Ginger1218

08-30-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Or she could keep her legs closed for a little while

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don't know much about the Duggars belief system but I'd bet that doing the nasty is strictly for procreating, no? So JB has to keep going for the babies if he wants to squirt his juices if he wants to keep straight with his lord.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
ha ha ha Lil!! I was talking to Watching2 on the phone last night and we were talking about this subject. But I called it "spreading his seeds" :-)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Well, I know there is a problem with "spilling the seed" and thus the objection to uh uh uh .......masturbation. Hehehe .... She said she was on the pill in the early years and it was either due to a miscarriage or getting pregnant while on the pill or something! (I watch a lot of the "pregnant shows.") lol So after that event happened, they prayed and read the bible and came to the conclusion that they should just have whatever the Lord gave them.

Years back a friend's husband was saying that maybe God didn't mean go forth and multiply humans, but go forth and multiply in your faith. Oh and by the way - last night Michelle & Jim Bob said the world is NOT over-populated and then they showed some scenes of pretty wide-open farmland right there in Arkansas! Who knew?! Send all the people to Arkansas!!!