TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2011 users admin

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 1:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
That made me cringe too, Keldogg! I was embarrassed for her that she made it about "how many times..." geeeze...

Personally, I think they're all offensive in their own ways. Teresa isn't the only one who isn't the brightest bulb .....

Why do I watch this stuff?! lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 4:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Idol, I have said since the season started that Teresa and Juicy seemed to be the cause of the family problems. It was painful watching her at the reunion. I almost fell off the couch when she said Juicy didn't have a drinking problem.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 5:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I really do not care one way or the other about any of these women anymore, but I do think Teresa responded to the "Does your husband have a drinking problem" question the only way she could have. She hesitated just a bit before answering. No matter what she thinks she had to answer that with a no.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Increasingly I am beginning to feel that this show is doomed;here is no good reason to watch this show.There are too many books to read, flowers to plant, places to shop, naps to take.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
No matter what she thinks she had to answer that with a no.

No she didn't. If she felt he did, then she should say that. Lying and covering up for alcoholics and drug addicts is called enabling.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Well, it wasn't an intervention or something. I think it was the right thing for her to do as a wife. She may very well be aware of it and for all we know they could be addressing it in the privacy of their home

Fayc

01-16-2010

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
If they are addressing it in the privacy of their home, then why for goodness sake put it on national tv? If you are going to put your life out there, then you have to be honest, or people see you as a fake.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
$$$

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I don't blame them for keeping parts of their lives private. I've never thought being on a reality show meant total access. There's parts I really don't want to know about! Blech blech... lol I have a lot of problems with what Teresa has said and done, but that's not one of them. Unless we were signed up for a rehab show, I'd never say that on tv.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I agree, she could only say no to that. Andy is pushing the tabloid lately. I could tell by her hesitation that she aware and she was upset when he was drunk at the dinner party. He also had a DUI even though he said he had shots at the friends house after the crash. I think she knows but that is a private issue.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://absurdtosublime.net/category/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/

Dina wrote a long blog and discusses what we have been talking about it here.

FWIW I have no problem with Teresa keeping things private, but she should just say that instead of tiptoeing around questions and/or lying. When asked a question she doesn't want to answer she should just say "it's a private matter".

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Quote from Dina's article:

It’s a shame this TV show used to be about our lives and now some lives are just about a TV show. That’s not how it should be…

Wow....how very true.

Thanks for posting the article, Frogichik. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm not saying Teresa is in any way innocent in all that happened this year, but I did feel in watching that Caroline and Jacqueline decided they liked Kathy and Melissa which did lead them to sort of gang up on Teresa.

Cashewotis

06-05-2011

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cashewotis a private message Print Post    
Hi Everyone,

I have enjoyed reading all your posts and comments and thought I would join the party:-) What I found interesting about this show is the juncture where reality and reality tv meet.

Some have said that Andy Cohen and company were ganging up on Teresa but it makes sense since Teresa was the star and A storyline this year and I imagine it was something like this:

A- can Teresa reunite with her estranged family?
B- Caroline's children leave the nest and Caroline gest a new job
C- will Ashley ever grow up and become the daughter Jacqueline wants?

When you watch the show and hear all the smack talk one tends to forget that the cast is not making spontaneous off the cuff remarks but is actually responding to questions asked by producers in a confessional. The producers are like kids with matches hoping to create tv drama by asking inflammatory questions. Probably like this:

? to Teresa:so do you really think Melissa married your brother for money? Do you think Melissa copies you or is jealous of you. And they do this with all the cast praying for juicyy soundbites that pop ans sizzle and fan the flames. At this point they can usually just sit back and toast marshmallows by the campfire since the cast can usually be depended on to toss more coals into the fire.

In the end though no one really did anthing more despicable than talk crap about each other so it really was only to quote Caroline "epic" in their own minds. Whatever character flaws these people have are magnified and distorted by this witches' brew of inflating egos and tv tricks to create reality tv.

The real part of this show is that they actually do hurt each other's feelings and ruin friendships but for most of them it seems this is the price they are willing to pay to be on tv. That they are willing to pay that price for fame or money is kind of interesting to me.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Hey, I've lost friends and family members and didn't even get paid! No fair!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
This reunion show was just plain sad. Most of the families and friendships have been torn apart.

Theresa's daughter Gia is a neurotic mess for someone so young. She has been exposed to way too much family drama. Shame, shame, shame!!

I know Caroline is supposed to be "mother hen", but I'm just not so crazy about her anymore.

No fun at all.

Was it worth it all ladies???

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
This is Dina's blog about what the truth is! Stormie- this is for you!! It is an eye opener. Miss her, and glad she has her show!

I love what she says towards the end.."I wish all the girls the BEST!! ALL OF THEM. I say we change this housewives thing around and show the world what we’re really made of! Let’s lift each other up instead of trying to tear one another down. Lets showcase what women are capable of, what I thought this show was going to be back in the day~ Running successful businesses, supporting amazing causes, raising incredible children and looking fabulous every step of the way. Unfortunately, not sure what the ratings on that would be : ( so I doubt that will happen."

http://www.dinamanzo.com/press/the-truth/

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
No, it was not worth it, Reenie, which is the reason I won't be watching Season 4 or any of the other HW shows anymore. The word "sad" keeps coming up in all our posts. There is no joy in these HW shows anymore. I prefer to watch Bethenny Frankel's show because it is more like what I expected when I first started watching the HWs. A glimpse,sure manufactured to some extent, but still a glimpse into a woman's life that has more fame and money than I do.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ruby, I like Dina too, I'm glad she said something, wouldn't it be great if what she said at the end actually happened--wonders never cease. I love her new show, made me laugh that she plugged it, but it is fun and entertaining, drama free

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Thursday, October 27, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way Stormie!! I really would enjoy watching the housewives just as Dina said. I don't need the drama either!

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree with Dina also. Would love to see all the drama turned around in a season. Don't think it would be boring, but not sure BRAVO would like us to see harmony at this point.

BTW, I was at The Brownstone last night for a comedy show/dinner attended by 450 women. On my way to the car valet, I literally ran into Caroline's husband Albert. Let me tell you, the camera is not kind to him. He is tall, thin, and very good looking!!!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
1jetsfan - how exciting!! How was the Brownstone? Food? 450 people is a lot of people! I don't think I realized the place could hold such a large event.

I agree, wouldn't it be nice to see a bunch of family/friends live life w/o destroying each other?

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, October 28, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I've been to the Brownstone but before the RHW show started. Wow, very interesting about Albert, thanks for the scoop. The Brownstone has good food and I believe they are reasonably priced compared to other banquet halls around here but they book fast!!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Teresa has really gone off the deep end now! From her Bravo blog

And then she spends thirty minutes bashing my ten-year-old daughter, screaming that Gia is “tragic”

Caroline said it was tragic that a 10 year old would be so hurt to write and sing a song like she did about grown folks business.

Did ANYONE who watched the final think that Caroline was bashing Gia?!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-jersey/season-3/blogs/teresa-giudice/moving-on-and-up?page=0,5&Jersey%2FThickerThanWater=1&Matchmaker%2FDallasSiteTakeover=1

ETA OMG there is more

Family is everything to me. If my only brother was married to someone who didn't crave the spotlight, I know we'd all be a family like we always were.

So I guess Teresa is the only one in her family allowed to be famous?!

ETA Ok I have finished the blog and she is delusional. My head is spinning.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 31, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ITA with you Frogi. I have noticed that when Teresa talks about how the other women had guns blazing, blah blah blah - she fails to mention that something happened the day before while they were filming Season Four, which led to Jacqueline not going to the reunion and making season four her last season with the show. And I guess they couldn't mention it since they were still filming or if it was mentioned, Bravo edited it out of the reunion. Being as everyone likes Jacqueline, I would imagine that they were all pissed with Teresa. I'm dying for next season to start already.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, November 01, 2011 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Reena/Panda, the food is always wonderful at The Brownstone, and the place is historical and is kept up nicely. I'm there at least once a year at a fundraiser for something or other. Been going there for years. In fact, my stepdaughter was going to have her wedding reception there in 2010, but her date was booked, of course.

I do look in the papers to find out when the next LadyBug foundation event is, but since I now realize that Dina is not speaking with Caroline, perhaps she'll hold events elsewhere. Interesting.....