TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 24, 2011 users admin

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Teresa and her husband are definitely the problem, from my perspective. I didn't start out the season that way, I actually was reading and going along with the Melissa hate that broke before the first show. Watching the show, I saw Teresa behaving like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let go and then when I saw that it was her husband in her ear, I had a little more sympathy for her. But, then the reunion show made it clear that Teresa thinks her own thoughts and takes her own actions.

I will say that I really don't like Kathy. I feel she is one of those sneaky friends/relatives who tries to come across as a peace maker but who talks bad about others and continues the war behind the scenes. I also feel that Melissa's sisters have been feeding that same fire behind the scenes.

At this point, I won't be tuning in for next season, it's just so toxic that it's painful to watch. I don't know anyone that behaves as poorly as all of the Real Housewife franchise participants.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Shown in the recap linked below, Caroline is saying that for two years she has been harboring this dislike of Teresa, but she behaved and treated her as if they were friends. Rhetorically speaking, which is true, was she a friend, or was she only pretending.

nj.com_rhonj_10-17-11_reunion_recap

Caroline: "I know I should. I should take my own advice, and my own advice two years ago was to get you out of my life, and I'm finally taking it."

And I don't believe that Caroline, nor her adult children, actually took offense to what Teresa wrote (if they truly are that sensitive, then they will never make it in the world of promotion), particularly after they've been caught making fun of her on film, but they were just joking, right. I ask again, knowing Teresa, and laughing about the things she has said all season long, why would Caroline all of a sudden believe that anything Teresa said in her book, comes from a place of hate?

I don't think this has anything to do with the book, I think it is about Caroline trying to blame Teresa for Dina, but the only people responsible for them not speaking, is Caroline and Dina (which is probably hurting their parents). And they are the only ones who can fix it, wasting time on blaming others won't do that. Caroline will have to look deep inside herself, that is hard for anyone, but if she wants to fix the issues with Dina, that's what she has to do.

A side thought, during the reunion, Teresa brought up something Kathy had said, but Kathy said she was joking, it seemed more snide than joking to me, a passive aggressive comment, but if she is to believed at her word, then so should Teresa. But it doesn't appear to work that way with them.

Like I've asked before, what is Teresa supposed to be jealous of? She has two popular books out, one in the works, she's going to be on Celebrity Apprentice, what is she jealous of? How is it possible that Teresa, who was on a tv show, would become jealous of two family members who bash her? That makes no sense. To me, it looks exactly like Melissa and Kathy were jealous of Teresa, made a b-line for this show and proceeded to bash her to attain fame. But the poor me little girl act via Melissa, will only last so long.

Are they all alcoholics when they get drunk on this show, or just Teresa's husband? The man put his family in a horrible financial situation and rather than run away, he stayed, started a new business and has been very supportive of his wife. I find it interesting that he's a problem only after Melissa and Kathy joined the show. He also has said how upset he was Teresa's brother called her garbage, along with what his mother says was done to her, should he not have been upset? I don't see where this notion comes from. I see more of a problem with Joey calling his sister garbage, did he think Joe would not defend his wife?

I don't think it matters what Teresa said or did, both her friends and family on this show have ganged up on and are bullying her; everything she says is ripped apart. You put anything and everything someone says or does under a microscope and it will look bad, anyone. Whatever financial problems Teresa has, is her business, and she has a right not to speak about them. But I question why anyone would want to tear her down bc she has them, what motivates that? Caroline and Jacqueline seem to be big on doing that to Teresa these days. With friends like those.... If these people truly don't like her, don't speak to her and of her, but they keep doing it, so that tells me they are using Teresa to get attention for themselves. I don't like bullies, but that's what this looks like to me.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, October 20, 2011 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I understand Teresa being upset that her relatives joined the show without telling her. Even if they were not talking, they should have emailed her or something. Maybe they were afraid of her reaction and perhaps would have blocked them being on the show?

I think it was very telling when one of the things Melissa said in the reunion show (I think when asked about what her father's reaction would have been) was that there was a certain amount of celebrity status that comes with coming on the show. I do think they came on to promote themselves. But can you see that Teresa is not blameless in many of the things she has done and said?

IMO Teresa needs to have more self-confidence and not be bothered by it as much as she is. That would be such a good example for her children. And she needs to control that temper.....heck, they all need to do that or else go on Jerry Springer and throw chairs until they get it out of their system.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Well said Stormie and Roblover, I could not have said it any better than yous guys.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, October 21, 2011 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Caroline and Dina aren't speaking? I tried to find articles, but never understood why Caroline was upset with Teresa about that. Now, I'm finally getting why Caroline seems to have turned away from Teresa. Dina was on WWHL and was firmly in Teresa's corner. This was close to the begining of this season.

I think Jacqueline's daughter nailed it when she said her Mom liked being in the middle of trouble. She just wouldn't let Teresa handle her family in her own way, but rather kept getting more involved and pushing her and then Caroline joined in. That's when everything fell apart. They should have just been friends with Teresa, but let her handle her own family drama.

Not picking a side here, but now it's making more sense if Caroline/Dina aren't talking. Anyone know why? Does it have anything to do with Teresa?

Thanks.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Saturday, October 22, 2011 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Teresa went to Jacqueline and asked her for help in fixing the problem, but then when Jac would try to keep her positive Teresa would get mad. I mean, when you have a friend that is clearly struggling with something, you offer to help, and sometimes you are asked to help. Is it better to stay out of things sometimes, yes, but at least for me, if it is someone I care about I always offer to be there for someone and help in any way I can. I am not sure if she asked for Caroline's help, but I know Kathy went to her to try to get a better start. Also, sometimes when someone is constantly talking about a problem it tends to take over, so you get to a point of wanting to help bring it to a close so life can move on.

No one knows what the deal is with Caroline/Dina, I believe Caroline said she is choosing to keep it private and not have it all over the internet.

Teresa was constantly complaining about wanting to have a better relationship with her family, however when she sat down with Melissa the first time, she kept bringing crap up instead of saying "It hurts, but it is in the past and I want to move on", maybe she said it, but she never actually moved past it.

It is kinda like Kim and Kyle, Kim says she wants to move past it, but you can look at her and see she is still angry and hasn't been able to let it go, and until she does, she won't really be able to move on.

One thing I found odd was when Teresa didn't like something Melissa said (cant remember what it was) and Teresa gave her a look and said "We are in a better place, why do you want to go back there", I kept thinking... It's a reunion show where you talk about the stuff that was on the show, so questions were asked and people talk about it.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Like when Andy asked Caroline a question about Teresa finances,Teresa should have directed her anger towards Andy not Caroline...

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Well, I'm a glutton for punishment and watched the first part of the reunion again. The first time around, I felt they ganged up on every single thing Teresa said throughout the whole season. This time, I felt exactly the same way.

And OMG, there wasn't one single time when they showed Caroline that she wasn't sticking her lower lip out, or rolling her eyes, or shaking her head, or any combination of the three. As far as I can see, she is completely miserable and thinks her **** doesn't stink. My guess is that her problem with Dina is that she is seeing Teresa's side to some of this and she.can't.stand.it!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Theresa just posted this on Twitter 39 minutes ago.

YA i said caroline was 1/16th italian...what u didnt hear me say was what i thought the other 15/16th were: A BYTCH!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
And another Teresa tweet....she's angry!!

Teresa Guidice

U know y Melissa's song is called "On Display"? cus that bytch was running around naked in Punta Cana having sex w/ her husband on camera!

38 minutes agoFavoriteRetweetReply

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Apologies for my error, it was a retweet that showed up on my timeline. I ASSumed it was from Teresa but after rechecking I see I posted too quickly. Sorry it seems a doppleganger posted the two tweets above and NOT the real Theresa Giudice.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
While I do think that they all--including Andy--ganged up on Theresa, I also think that she did not do herself any favors. Theresa needs to go to college or something...

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Almost all of part 2 questions were directed at Teresa, and that really made it seem like they intentionally put her into the hot seat. Bleh on Caroline, I just can't believe what a phony she is. I liked it that one of the first questions was directed at her... asking her why she always thinks she's right and that she always gives advice to others when they don't ask for it. Ha ha!

I think that this is the most fractured group of Housewives in the whole Housewives series. I don't see them all returning, and if they do, they deserve what they get.

Nevets

08-24-2010

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nevets a private message Print Post    
Omg! Rehtse, I was about to write the same exact sentence. She is totally "un-ducated", god bless her. Me thinks that she needeth go back and get her GED or something, stat!

That aside, Cohen is completely and utterly "Team Caroline". Throughout the 1:15 that I watched this, all I saw was Cohen sharpshooting ditsy Teresa point blank in the face. So much for being an unbiased host right?

Nevets

08-24-2010

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nevets a private message Print Post    
Or let me rephrase that. Caroline is totally on "Team Cohen".

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, October 23, 2011 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
This was just too ridiculous, irritating and frustrating to even comment on! Oops, I just commented.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
I don't think that part two added anything that could not have been covered on the first part. It just seemed to be more of a rehash if anything. The only loser in this whole reunion business, IMHO, is Andy Cohen; he comes across as petty. Why is it that some minority groups have to take offense over everything? IF Theresa's said something offensive towards gays, why confront her? Confront the one who said it. Andy is sooooo self-righteous.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I agree Rehtse. It is so blatently obvious to me that Teresa just doesn't always "get it" when she says things. She's clearly not the sharpest crayon in the box, and I don't think she is aware of how her words come out sometimes.

I'm not giving her a pass that she doesn't always know right from wrong, but she just doesn't seem to understand how things she says can be percieved to be offensive.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I love Andy Cohen but I have to say I wasn't feeling him last night.... He did seem to nit pick everything Teresa said,but she does seem to come off very uneducated at times,but not an excuse to constantly be corrected by Andy.....

Still don't think she helped herself by blaming everyone else for all the fighting this season

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing about the gay comment. Why didn't Andy ask Melissa if it's true her husband uses the gay F word as well? I don't care for Teresa, but I did feel bad for her being ganged up on by the girls and Andy, it wasn't a fair fight IMO. Didn't I hear someone say that Caroline and Jacqueline aren't coming back next year?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I just read that somewhere yesterday, Chitchat. I do like Jacqueline, but Caroline can go be with her fambly and I won't miss her.

And I forgot! Caroline says that she speaks to 9 of 10 of her siblings, but now with Dina and her not speaking, it's 8 of 10. Hmmm... Mrs. Perfect isn't perfect.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Season 4 is almost done filming and Caroline & Jacqueline are both a part of it. Jacqueline has said, as of now, she will not be back for Season 5.

I didn't see ganging up on Teresa AT ALL. I saw people trying to get Teresa to see the truth and call her on her lies.

Teresa is either in denial, lying or stupid.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Teresa is either in denial, lying or stupid.

Or all three...

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Just watched the second part of the reunion. It was definitely the Teresa show. And it wasn't just that Andy asked Teresa a lot of questions...but even the questions he directed to others were answered by Teresa.

I especially cringed when Andy was asking Kathy about her daughter's brain tumor, and it became all about how many times Teresa visited her in the hospital. WTH?

Idolworship

05-07-2003

Monday, October 24, 2011 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Idolworship a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Frogichik, Lexie, and Keldogg. I thought I must be seeing the wrong show. To me,
Teresa is 9/10's of the problem.