TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 18, 2011 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
They were offended because they ARE Italian.

Olive Garden is to Italian food what Taco Bell is to Mexican food......a CRAPPY interpretation.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I've tried to find out if Caroline is 1/16th Italian like Teresa suggests. Can't find that out

Fayc

01-16-2010

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
Olive Garden is American Italian isn't that what they are? I love Olive Garden and Taco Bell and I'm Native American and Irish. But you can call me what ever you want, and it won't matter to me. The only names that matter is what name do you call your self. That is the name you live up too or down too.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
That's kind of what I thought Fayc. I happen to love Olive Garden's lasagne and don't care if it's "authentic Italian" or not. :-)

And we're twinsies! My grandfather on my Dad's side was 100% Native American (Seneca) and my grandmother on that side was (I believe) half Native American. My Mom's side is nearly 100% Irish! Do you have a temper, too? ha ha ha!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Yay for the Irish/Native Americans! Me too! My great-granfather was Native American, so I am probably 1/16th Indian ;)

Look, I like the salad and bread sticks as much as the next guy, but it's not about the Olive Garden, lol. It's the fact that Teresa is trashing the Laurita's heritage. It was rude to tell a family of Italians that they are not "really" Italian. It was just rude of her to do. Not the end all, be all, but it was a dig at Caroline and it may have been hurtful to the rest of her siblings too.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... whatever 1/16th Italian means...

Fayc

01-16-2010

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Fayc a private message Print Post    
My mom had a red temper to match her hair, but wasn't mean in her temper, like these women appear to be. They remind me of an old saying,
Love your friends and love them well, but
to your friends no secret tell, cause if your friends become your foes, then your secrets everyone will know. I never followed that my self tho. These women make me sad, but very grateful for the friends I have.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Danielle must be laughing at Teresa now.....

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Danielle must be laughing at Teresa now..... Even if Teresa stays on the show with the present cast it seems impossible to mend fences. If Caroline doesn't leave I would be surprised; I just can't imagine her hubby would want this utter confusion in his life. Dina and Caroline are married to brothers I also wonder how this affects their relationship and business at the Brownstone ?

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
How is Dina Caroline's sister if they both have the same last name? Was Dina married to a Manzo at some point, too?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
From Danielle's Twitter

@IamAlabamaCrazy true however I never bullied anyone Teresa did = karma
13 Oct

@BB_bitchess dina lied about me publicly and in magazine interviews & on the show Teresa the same unacceptable way to dismiss their actions
13 Oct

@jaclaurita I'm ashamed that I helped & covered 4 u during 2 seasons of HW's u hated dina &Caroline u relentlessly trashed ur family
8 Oct

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Dina is married to a Manzo; Albert's younger brother.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
So are they sisters who married brothers or sisters-in-law? I think they resemble one another or it could just be my imagination! lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Watching, they are sisters who married brother.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yes,they are sisters who married brothers.......

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Carolyn said something to the effect that, she 'wished she went with her first instinct and didn't befriend Teresa.' If true, that tells me Carolyn has been sitting with this hate for two years and pretending she was Teresa's friend. And what did Teresa do to her exactly? The cookbook comment, which Teresa said to her on the Rachel Ray show, is that it? Is that where this hate comes from? Carolyn's sensitive now? That would be right up there with I saw Bigfoot eating cheese at the grocery store. I think it may have more to do with Teresa getting a book deal and other products, but perhaps what set Carolyn over the edge was Teresa getting on Celebrity Apprentice. Interesting that Carolyn didn't have an actual problem with Teresa until these things happened for her.

When did Jacqueline start having problems with Teresa? What were these lies that Teresa said about Jacqueline? Or better yet, what did Teresa actually do to her? They're friends in Jan, but by Oct Jacqueline is so hurt by Teresa's...not sure, she tweets the true story? Who wants to buy a bridge, bc I know a guy. It looks more like Jacqueline betrayed a friend. And tweeting about the reunion show isn't the same thing as facing Teresa on the show, interesting how she couldn't do that.

As far as Kathy and Melissa are concerned, I still say they came on this show with guns blazing after Teresa. And why? What are they trying to do? Show the world that Teresa is what? The woman flipped a table, I don't think the public needs more information than that. The only thing they have shown is they hate Teresa, the reasons are irrelevant to me, what is, is that Kathy and Melissa went after their family on national television. There is no reason to do that, except to take her down, that points to hate, or jealousy, or both.

What makes Carolyn, Jacqueline, Kathy and Melissa so believable? All of a sudden, out of the clear blue sky, Teresa is lying about...what exactly? They never say, they just spin things to make Teresa look bad. Dollar signs can do that to people, but I think it will backfire at some point. Their behavior shows who they are, not who Teresa is.

I wonder if Danielle wants back on the show, what better way to try, than to go after Teresa too. Although Carolyn did call her garbage, twice, but maybe that's okay now and they'll be friends.

You put anyone under a microscope and they will look bad, anyone. But you don't need a microscope to see the people these grown women have become. There is nothing victorious about what Teresa's family and friends have and are doing to her, they have sunk to a new low. It's sad they feel it necessary to hurt someone to feel empowered, but it only shows the truth about who they are; there is nothing noble about their actions. This is bullying and Teresa is the target.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Well that's your opinion Stormie,none of us know the real story and probably never will..

And I don't see Caroline ever being friends with Danielle..

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I was being facetious about Danielle. Ganging up on someone is not my opinion, that's what they are doing, which is bullying, the why doesn't really matter to me, the fact that they are doing it does.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
It is your opinion cause not everyone see's it as Teresa being bullied....And was it ok when Teresa was leading the pack against Danielle??

I accept that you see things different then me Stormie.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I agree with everything you said. I have never seen Kathy being nice to Teresa from the get go and she is constantly bad mouthing her. I have never liked her. I find is unreal that Caroline has not liked her for two years, she sure covered it up well, which shows me that she can be quite the liar also. I liked the premise of the show in the beginning before the housewives realized that the more controversial they were the more air time they got.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I don't know any circumstances where ganging up on someone isn't bullying.

I didn't think a lot of things Danielle did was okay, but I do think they ganged up on and bullied her. And although everyone had a hand in it, I thought Carolyn was at the helm; she did say she brought the book to everyone's attention, then it escalated from there.

I agree about the original premise, but it's interesting that they would want controversial air time, many viewers turn away from that, but I guess even negative attention is good enough for some people. It's quite sad. I'd rather see them doing things like making sauce in the garage, things like that are fun and entertaining to me.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
But you know you can't make sauce in the garage if you have your period!! Remember that?

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I agree,I think it's sad that all these friendships have been ruined by these shows...but I guess as long as people watch them,they will film and air it.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
The problem is, Teresa does lie. Then when confronted about it, she does one of three things.

1) Denies it, even if if it shown on tape as being true, 2) says it was a joke, or 3) turns around and attacks the person who showed her lie.

Not that I think any of these ladies are saints, far from it, but Teresa is certainly just as guilty as the rest of them.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
ROFL Huk! I have to tell you, most Italian Americans are not very "real Italian" either. I grew up in a very Italian town, where you were sort of a second-class citizen if you weren't Italian. I spent a summer in Italy when I was in high school and they couldn't get over how "our Italians" are. The food is very different and the language, esp. the slang used, is very different. We spent time with some people who had recently moved to NYC but were back in Italy for the summer. They would get laughing hysterically when we'd tell them the slang/swear words used that they had never heard used that way. It was pretty funny.

Huk, I don't think you have to be particularly smart to be a good liar. I have an inlaw who lies all the time. She lies at stuff you wouldn't think anyone would have to lie about. She just tells her lies enough that she rewrites history and tells it enough that she believes it.

As far as Theresa goes - I did like her but she's gotten rather snippy lately. Her Juicy Joe gives me the heebee jeebees! lol I have one more thought which has been used with my in-law - when one person has a problem with so many people, is it everyone else or could it just be that person is the problem?