TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 17, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 17, 2011 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah... what Prisoner said...

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, maybe Theresa has gotten a bad wrap this season...on some things.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Stormie for posting that link to Teresa's website. It explains everything, and it was very well written. I hope everyone reads it.

If you know the Manzo's and Teresa, and have been watching the show since the first season..then you know exactly what she is talking about. We ALL saw Chris, Albie and Greg pick on everyone the WHOLE season..but we knew they were joking..although at times it sounded mean spirited.

I think things will be ok between them..I hope. I know the reunion is coming up..and some nasty things are said..but I hope they all get over this. I wish them only peace!
I agree with Stormie- I think Teresa was set up to be the bad guy this season!

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
I just had to laugh while watching this (or something else, I can't remember) and they had a commercial for the Olive Garden :-).

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
Every parent disciplines their children differently. I think Gia is a good example of how WELL Teresa IS raising her children.
She has been showing a sensitive and thoughtful side I had never seen before this season. The love she has shown for Uncle Joe and her mom, as well as the way she stood by her grandfather the other night is commendable!! What a doll!!!!

All of her daughters have different personalities. Did you expect her to spank her daughter on national tv? If you slap your kid in the grocery store and someone sees you..get ready for a call from dcyf!!!! It's not like when we were kids. Not only that..but her eyes can't be on all the kids all the time, but you can bet Bravo will have their cameras on them and capture all their imperfect moments.
I don't think Teresa should be judged for her parenting.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone think those ladies have the option of asking the camermen to stop filming? I wish I knew because I would not let children be caught screaming and misbehaving like that.

I wish they had stopped filming when that little girl climbed into the meat display. I shop at Corrado's and I told my husband that I cannot buy meat there anymore, because I think of that little girl sitting on the packages! LOL!

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Of course her "explanation" was well-written. Her ghost writer wrote it for her...along with her RHONJ blogs.

Rubyroo77

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rubyroo77 a private message Print Post    
I liked this blog..

http://foralltrekkies.wordpress.com/2011/10/08/im-sorry-caroline-manzo/

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I think Gia is a good example of how WELL Teresa IS raising her children.

Except for the part when she told Jacqueline that Melissa controls her uncle Joe. That is obviously a child being exposed to adult conversations that she has no business being involved in.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Yes, Gia has been exposed to too many adult situations. She shouldn't have to be so upset over the family relationships or feel that she has to oversee the liquor consumption. I think her family life must be very stressful. That is not a sign of raising your kids well.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Also we say Bravo does this or that, but I think the production company Sirens Media films and packages the show then sells it Bravo. Technically it's Sirens and not Bravo that sets up the filming dates, where, when, who, etc. I know RHONY it's Shed Media

I could be wrong, but I think that is how it works.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I don't believe Teresa wrote that explanation anymore than I believe that Teresa wrote her own cookbook.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
~~~"Did you expect her to spank her daughter on national tv? If you slap your kid in the grocery store and someone sees you..get ready for a call from dcyf!!!! It's not like when we were kids. Not only that..but her eyes can't be on all the kids all the time~~~"

I expect a mother to pay attention to her children when shopping for groceries and not be talking on the phone is said child is crawling into food cases.

And I expect a mother of any young child to shield them from unpleasant family dealings and not be privy to adult conversations like auntie is manipulating uncle or grandpa shouldn't be drinking. Children need boundaries and Teresa doesn't seem to understand that.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, October 11, 2011 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Rubyroo77, thank you for the blog link, really good blog, I think that person is close to hitting the nail on the head.

Carolyn doesn't have two books out and one in the works, which is why I thought she might be jealous. But in the above blog, it speaks of Carolyn being more angry at Bravo TV than Teresa (although look who's the fall guy), which makes sense, so perhaps a little of both. I don't know if it's true, but I did read that not only might Jacqueline leave, but Carolyn as well. Although I'd love for Teresa to leave and see how popular the show is then, I think everyone should leave, it's not healthy; Dina was smart to go when she did.

Children need love. But as far discipline goes, as someone said above, no one knows what discipline is like off camera. I think Teresa's daughter falling into the food was a laugh riot, whose kid doesn't get into mischief now and then. And Teresa even said 'you ever heard of the terrible twos, well, her daughter is in the horrible fours and hard to discipline.' There's nothing wrong with her children, they are children.

On the After Show with Andy, Melissa said she and Joey didn't go to Teresa's children's joint birthday, bc two of their children were ill with high fevers. But, there they were on the live show with Andy. Who exactly are they trying to kid. Even if their children were ill, Joey could have gone and celebrated with his nieces. Melissa should have said they wouldn't have had time to go to the celebration and then travel to the show, that would have been more honest. Although, I can't imagine they are speaking after Melissa called Teresa the devil and she called her one back. Their parent's must be heartsick.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I think it's interesting how criticism of how her children are being raised results in the belief that those criticizing think she should be using corporal punishment. Nobody said that she should slap or spank her child. I don't spank or slap my children and they've never sat in the meat section at the grocery store.

It is obvious that Gia's mental well-being is not being handled well by her mother; however, her mother doesn't seem to be able to deal in reality all of the time either. She is in denial herself so she is not able to see that Gia needs a different mothering style.

I never was a fan of anyone in particular on this show, I just watch it to watch it. It feels like a train wreck at every turn.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
For me there is a whole picture to look at, and part of that whole picture is Teresa's daughter helping her mother pick out tomatoes and other groceries, which I thought was really cute. And I don't see where Teresa is in denial of anything, but I don't think she shares everything with the world. I also don't see where Teresa is not dealing with any of her childrens' health and well-being, mental or otherwise. There is nothing wrong with Teresa's children. They are children.

What I don't understand is why anyone would put children under a microscope and pick apart the snippets of things they say and do. I think the editing and the criticism of children is out of control. Maybe it's time for children to not be on these shows, although after this season, I wish these shows would go away.

I agree, a definite train wreck, but I think it's Bravo TV driving that train and moving the tracks.

I noticed at Amazon, that there are people disparaging Teresa and her book, predominately after the episode last Sunday. Most of them don't appear to have read her book, or have made the recipes. I wonder where such hate comes from.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I wonder where such hate comes from.

People are insane! This year during Big Brother "fans" called a contestant's house and made death threats. Also someone wrote online that the contestant's 8 year old child should be raped and murdered. This was all over the fact the contestant voted out a fan favorite.

So that brings me back to...... people are insane!

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I don't care whether Teresa wrote this or her ghost writer, it's darned funny!!!!

(I'm sorry though, I can't apologize to Kim G. for anything because it's against my religion to worship the devil...)
Taken from the link above that Frogichik posted Monday, October 10, 2011 @ 8:31am

Sourweedjm

04-06-2007

Thursday, October 13, 2011 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sourweedjm a private message Print Post    
i loved it when kathys husband was cracking nut when the guy came over for his daughters date! hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!! the look on that guy was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I can't believe people did that to contestants on BB, I hope law enforcement got involved. Doesn't make any sense to me, I would think that they'd be prosecuted for those threats, I hope so anyway.

It was kinda funny, poor kid, it reminded me of a scene from the Cosby show, only with a little more fear inserted.

Teresa is an imperfect human being, as are we all. But Teresa didn't go to everyone in ear shot belittling and bashing Kim G, she did that to Teresa. And Teresa didn't go on a show and go after anyone, Kathy and Melissa did that to her. And Teresa didn't pick apart what her friends said, spinning it to something else, they did that to her. And Teresa didn't go after her friends and family's livelihoods, they are trying to do that to her. No matter what individual things people can bring out that Teresa said, it doesn't negate the fact that Teresa's friends and family have ganged up on her on this show. I find it to be bullying.

Even though I chuckled at the Kim G comment, probably shouldn't have done that, I have always felt sorry for her, especially after her telling Jacqueline about her health problem, there is something going on there that is beyond arguing with others; I had thought she and Kathy would have something in common to talk about and discuss, but I was thinking of overcoming illness personally and within the family, but it turned out to be bashing Teresa.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Friday, October 14, 2011 - 1:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
Teresa has a new blog at Bravo TV, excerpt below.

bravotv.com/rhonj/s3/blogs/teresa-giudice/

Rumors and Controversies
Teresa Giudice
Teresa responds to all the cookbook chaos.
October 12, 2011

I'm so tired of defending myself against fake stories and fake controversies and rumors. I try to rise above it, but I'm always worried that by ignoring it, it gets worse, like an infection that spreads because you didn't take care of it. While I don't care if someone wants to talk smack about my hair or my accent, on the big issues, I can't be quiet. I do want my fans to hear the truth from me, and I'm not going to sit quietly while my livelihood is attacked on purpose.

That said, you can see exactly what I was thinking and why I wrote the comments about Caroline in my book on my website (http://www.teresagiudice.com/) along with links to the Rachel Ray show where the joke was first said. I can only tell you my intentions, and apologize (which I have done directly) if anyone misinterpreted them.

People who are constantly looking for the bad are going to find it, even if they have to make it up. Rather than just relying on certain sentences read out of context, go get the book and read it for yourself: http://amzn.to/n93wMh. Exactly like Skinny Italian (http://amzn.to/ppsCG6) was, Fabulicious is fun, irreverent, and entertaining, and yes the recipes are freakin' delicious!
...Con't Here

Roblover

05-17-2011

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
I have not read the blogs, etc. but just based on the reunion show last night it appears to me the women are like people who you thought were your friends but when they become angry with you, they tell everything that you ever said to them in private. I have liked Caroline for three seasons now however during the show I did not like all her fake reaction facial expressions. She is a mature person and knows how to keep a blank look on her face if she wanted to. I found her exaggerated expressions very fake. Caroline, too, appears to be telling everything that was said in private to her when they were all “friends.” I would never want to be friends with any of them. Did you all know that Dina was not talking to Caroline now? I didn’t. Also Andy did seem a little put out with Teresa to anyone else besides me? This show is poison for relationships.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
To me it seemed like a bashing for Teresa. They all ganged up on her and she really is going through a tough time. I agree with you Roblover, I also have liked Caroline the best of all, but after tonight, not so much. I wonder why she is on the outs with her Sister Dina, It appeared that Dina heard some "lies" about Caroline. I don't know but my guess is she is going to blame that on Teresa also. What a bad bunch they all are, but I have to say, I felt bad for Teresa tonight. The bashing seemed to continue on the after show, so I turned it off. Not interested and don't know if I care to watch part 2.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 16, 2011 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't feel bad for Teresa at all. Everyone else is to blame for everything in her life but her.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, October 17, 2011 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I agree Mamie,Teresa wouldnt own up to anything except her comment about her jewish friends,which she probably got a lot of negative comments about....I mean even the comments about Teresa smiling through the hard things in her life that Kathy and Melissa said offended Tre??Ive always liked Teresa but like a lot of the housewives I think fame has gone to her head..IMO

Also the whole thing about Gia wanted an ipod touch and an iphone but she only got her the ipod touch,and then Melissa spoke up and said Gia has an iphone,dont think Teresa liked that but tell the truth,I would have more respect for her if she just said you know what its my kid and ill buy her whatever I want but dont lie...