TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through September 22, 2011 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I started a thread for Take the Money and Run.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
i did not care for the show. it lost me before the first commercial break. ;(

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
TOP CHEF: JUST DESSERTS STARTS AUG. 24!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Has anybody watched Cupcake Girls? I see it on Demand since its on WE tv and we dont get that channel - 2 Canadian girlfriends start a cupcake store, they dont bake, but have business sense - it was on last season, and I just found 3 more episodes - guess I'll have to google!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, August 05, 2011 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
here's a trailer for Ton of Cash...

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/674968/watch-the-supertrailer.jhtml#id=1667589

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Gorden Ramsey is having legal troubles with his wife's family. He is taking them to court.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/8685666/PICS-AND-PUBLISH-PLEASE-Gordon-Ramsay-takes-family-feud-to-the-High-Court.html

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
We were just chatting in the "Love in the Wild" and wondering if anyone heard if "Dating in the Dark" will be back this summer?

Also, has anyone heard anything about "Last Comic Standing" being on this summer?

Retired

07-11-2001

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Retired a private message Print Post    
From Futon Critic ~
looks like Dating in the Dark is over.

Link

DATING IN THE DARK 7/20/09 - 9/13/10

3/25/11 ABC completed airing its current season canceled/ended
(2009-2010 season)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Retired....thanks....what a bummer. :-(

Retired

07-11-2001

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Retired a private message Print Post    
YW, Miz.

From same site, looks like Last Coming Standing is also canceled.

LAST COMIC STANDING NBC none scheduled 0 canceled/ended

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Reader, I came across that show Cupcake Girls and got kind of hooked on it. I've seen all the eps I can and found a few on On Demand. I have no idea if I am watching currently airing shows or old ones, but I'm going to set my dvr.

I really don't know why they appeal to me. But I want to see them.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hi, I just wanted to mention that "Man, Woman, Wild" starts its second season on Sept 2, Discovery Channel.

I just love that couple. You can tell they really love each other.

If you never saw the show, it's about a man and woman who tackle survival in horrible conditions. It's like "Man vs Wild" with Bear Grylls, except it's a married couple.

The husband was a Green Beret, and went on into special forces for the military.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, September 01, 2011 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I also liked Dating in the Dark. Found it a fascinating experiment. I can't help thinking it fell prey to the "I don't do the dating shows" mentality. I don't feel like it fell into the traditional "dating show" format and liked it for that. One of the things I found most interesting about it was that it was the women who tended to judge based on appearances whereas the men seemed more willing to give it a shot based on the emotional connection they formed in the dark room. Too bad more people didn't give the show a chance. Thought it was way more interesting than a lot of the other reality shows on ABC.

Anyway, speaking of dating shows, am I the only one who misses Beauty and the Geek? That show always made me laugh. Loved the makeovers the guys would get and how (most of) the people would evolve over the course of the season. Really wish they'd bring it back.

Marej

09-19-2002

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
America's Next Top Model, with people from past shows, Wednesday, 9-14, 8 central.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Marej, thanks for posting info on ANTM. I was wondering when the new season would start.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This past Friday's Kitchen Nightmares about La Frite in Sherman Oaks seemed one of the most real stories to me. I had recorded it. It must have run over the hour by no more than a minute . . . so I didn't see. Anyone remember what was said about the recent history of the restaurant at the very end?

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
La Frite is just up the street from me! Alas, I confess I've never been there. So many other greet restaurants in the neighborhood, La Frite has just never stood out to me. Glad you mentioned it Color as I'd be curious to see the episode.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
That episode must have been a rerun as my DVR didn't record it. I scrolled to this Friday and the episode of KN is also a rerun.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It looked like the family started working together, but their head chef was also a big problem -- bad attitude, especially with the daughter, and bad cooking. Ramsay brought in a new (temporary?) head chef who the first chef then had to work under. New chef was doing well. I wonder if the original chef changed and was still there. In any case, things must have worked out if the restaurant is still there.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Anyone watching Roseanne's Nuts? It's not always great but there's something about Roseanne that I like. I've missed it alot but catch it when I can.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Michaela Salahi from Real Wives of DC was reported missing by her husband ( the White House Party crashers). She ran off with a Journey Guitarist. Her husband reported it to the police and then the FBI. He doubts she ran away. He said she was kidnapped.

Lovemytennis101

05-21-2011

Wednesday, September 14, 2011 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lovemytennis101 a private message Print Post    
http://www.nj.com/entertainment/celebrities/index.ssf/
2011/09/michele_salahi_ran_off_with_jo.html
Here's the article about the latest Salahi "scandal"

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Color - I always wonder about that too - so I've taken to Yelp (I have an app on my phone but you can get to yelp on the computer ) I just search by name of restaurant and location - its a website that's reviewed by anyone - right now it seems real, I know I've done a few reviews on Yelp...

Kappy - I love Roseanne's Nuts!! last night cracked me up! When she watched her grandkids - she was supposed to run their homeschool schedule! and then she went to a doctor because of her hormone levels - I just laugh outloud!

I loved the episode when she re sings the National Anthem at a local (Hawaii) ball game - I was touched, very sweet episode...

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hi,

I just wanted to mention to anybody with Comcast and that didn't notice yet, we are finally getting some decent ABC and FOX content in the on-demand. I checked and both Dancing with the Stars and X-Factor are in there.

I particularly wanted to mention those two shows since we all know they are the biggest DVR hogs this fall.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, September 22, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
thanks Naja - I'm pretty happy with the comcast on demand- but I noticed that some of my favorite shows will suddenly disappear without warning! (mostly BBC shows - come dine with me was the latest entry that disappeared - and it said it would be available until a certain date - but they were gone before that!)

my parents have a DVR thru their cable - and an on demand - they have nothing on their on demand in the way of choices, I was shocked!