TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 30, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: The Little Couple: Archive through July 30, 2011 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Early on I had given up on this show because of Jen giggling all the time; but you all said she wasn't so bad any more. Thank you! I am now all caught up the the IVF drama. Poor little girl is trying so hard to produce those eggs. I pray they eventually get their baby...bio or adopted. They are quality people!

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Last night's show was so intense. I am telling you, when Jen was hurting I was too. I couldn't cross my legs tight enough. Ha ha. So glad they were successful.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Crap, I knew there was something I should have been watching! What happened?

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
They went in to retrieve an egg. Because it is hard to establish her airway she remained awake through the whole thing! Having to stick a needle into her ovary not once but at least twice trying to retrieve the egg. Ugh. Good news is, they did and put with Bill's sperm, they have an egg!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was in tears! I've come to love this couple and just how much they care for each other and I was pacing that hall with Bill and holding my breath for Jen and later so happy that they got the biggest follicle WITH an egg and even happier that they now have an embryo frozen. I know there can certainly be more twists and turns in the road but still.. YAY!

I compare them to the girls getting pregnant with no thought on 16 and pregnant and really hope this couple gets their family.

Heck, it brings tears to my eyes today.

Dipo, they will repeat the episode and it is worth watching.. even the hat Jen bought that was a wee bit large for her :-) Made it look like Bill was walking on the beach with a pink and black walking mushroom.

Moment I loved. Jen all gowned and waiting for the risky procedure and Bill wanting to help her be less nervous.. he gets a magazine and comments that they got it wrong and they put Sandra Bullock as most.. of the year (cannot remember if it was sexiest or what) and it should have been Jen. He's a good guy.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Isn't it refreshing to see a couple that are actually in love, not fighting, cursing each other, etc.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I just love this couple and I was really pulling for them last night. They are so sweet together, I hope everything works out good for them. Bill is a one in a million kind of guy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 29, 2011 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, quite refreshing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 09, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was interesting that when her mom brought out the christening dresses and Jen commented that she hadn't wanted to do that while they were having trouble with her eggs but now that they had TWO embryos on ice it was ok. Well that seemed like a bit of a spoiler/slip.. and the next episode's title indicates that we hear about that second embryo.

YAY! Two gives them a much better chance than one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I teared up when Bill talked about Jen in tonight's show... he lists all of her great attributes, that she is going through the shots and hormones, the painful retrievals of eggs without anesthetic, works and saves lives of babies. and Bill says basically he's the luckiest guy on the planet..

And they got two eggs but while both fertilized, one had too much going on with genes so was unusable.. but they now hawe two embryos.

And yes they are talking of when is the time (with these two or go through another cycle and dangerous (to Jen) procedure) to do genetic testing on the embryos and then if they have good ones, try implantation with a surrogate.

That was the whole ep except showing Jen at work just before the flight, stressful because her ovaries were painful.. she was using an electric chair to zip around the huge hospital complex.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I'd like to see a scaled down version of the Segway for her use. I think that would be perfect for her. At least it would give her some height. I alway feel for her when she has to look up to people all the time. Her neck muscles must take a terrible beating.

Remember, folks, if it is possible for you, squat down when talking to a person in a wheelchair. If your squater is broken like mine, just back up a few steps which means the person in the chair won't have to raise their head so high.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Good Idea ophilia, I had never thought that way, but being somewhat short myself I can sympathize. I can't wait for their house to be finished. Hopefully this season we will get to see them move in.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
This was their 3 year wedding anniversary show from New York and I found myself sitting there just smiling the whole hour. What a feel good show this is. It's nice for a change just to sit and enjoy and smile.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Ditto Country, I do that every week, except when she was hurting during the egg retrival, then I hurt right along with her. Wish there were more of the "reality" shows that were more feel good.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way Countrydaze & Connies.
It's nice to have a smile on my face when I am watching a show, especially a reality show.

The birthday cake Bill made was hilarious. Who wouldn't like it? He is such a nice guy.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh along with Bill's hysterical laughter at Jen's 'coxwain' remark...so funny!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was smiling a lot too..

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I laughed at that two, those two are so cute together.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Last nights show makes me soo eager for their house to be finished. I sure hope it is finished this season. They will be in 7th heaven with everything the right height.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they could get the garage apartment finished up sooner and stay there. Also wonder if they don't have a month to month option at the end of their current lease. That is what I used when my first condo where they promised I could move in by Christmas and I was worried because my lease ran through April or May.. and the condo.. well I moved in in July.. so I had to pay more per month for the house I was leasing but it saved me from moving all my stuff and dog twiice..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was a bit taken aback at the stove or cooktop with all those gas burners.. they could end up having a non-LP child who would soon be taller than Jen and yet kind of young to have that flame so low. I'm sure they will be quite creative in protecting their child or children and of course it will be wonderful for Jen to be able to cook without standing on a stool. The oven with the doors they ordered seems like a super idea, as Bill pointed out, for anyone.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I liked the oven idea myself. I am a bit on the short side myself, 5 feet 1/2 inch, and even I get tired having to drag out the step stool occasionally. I can't imagine having to do it all the time like they have to. Knowing them, if their child would be of normal size, I am sure they will do whatever they have too to keep them safe. Might be more convenient if the child is a small person too

Serate

08-21-2001

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they could get the garage apartment finished up sooner and stay there.

In new construction, it's an all or nothing kind of deal when you are working with a builder. You don't actually close on the house until it is completed and you have done your inspection walk through, made a punch list that the builder has to address, then you go through your final walk through to make sure builder has done all that was requested, make another list if necessary, then on to closing. So you can't get just one part of the house finished and move in. You have to wait until it is completely finished and you go through closing.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I recently watched a few eps on On Demand. They are so funny with how they just are :-). I really like these two!

The eps I saw were the Q&A, the pick out house paint colors (for the outside), 24 hours with Jen at the hospital, and one or two others.

It was funny when Bill said there is compromise and then there is Oh My Gosh that doesn't make any sense! (It was in re to something with the house.) Also, Jen being this super professional acclaimed Dr. and reading the directions for the first egg stimulation injection and reading something in the directions about "this way you don't waste any medicine if you mess it up" and that's exactly what she did! She sprayed the med out of the needle all over! Then she remarked about Rocky ovulating! I was LOL!

I also thought it was funny and endearing how she was nervous about Bill giving her that first injection and "I don't like how you are holding that."

I just love how they are together. I wasn't the biggest fan of Bill when the show first began (I saw most or all of season one when it aired), but I really like him now.

These two are just so real! And really great! I agree with you all...this show really makes me smile!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, reading your post made me smile, even.. good people, for sure.