TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 13, 2011 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
okay...kate is out of line with everyone else as well.

She has a new website out: www.kateplusmyeight.com...it looks homemade.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
HEre is a link if you want to support Kate by buying a tshirt:
http://www.cafepress.com/kateplusmyeight/8027339

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch the grand canyon episode? What happened with underwear and Ashley and some kids getting punished??

This episode that is on right now is is unreal. Haven't seen this show in a long time, but seems like Kate has taken such a dive... Not a fun show to watch at all.

Kady

07-30-2000

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kady a private message Print Post    
i used to love it when it first came on, then it became a hit and it went downhill. i stopped watching when they moved to the big house.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
The final episode just started here. I have said at least a couple of times this season that Mady has really matured. Someone wrote to her on Twitter and told Kate that they had seen Mady change a lot this year (maturing). Kate's response was basically to watch how mature she is during the finale. It will be interesting... betting she comforts the little ones.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Kate went "Hollywood" and Jon went "slacker/playboy". The kids matured and were a pleasure to watch.

Karenb4729

05-08-2011

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karenb4729 a private message Print Post    
I watched Kate on the Today Show this morning. Matt asked her about John's comment that he was glad the kids weren't going to be in front of the camera any more and could have a normal life. Kate replied that she has always wanted the best for her kids and John maybe satisifed with mediocrity but she isn't. I'm a bit offended - I work a regular job and don't consider it mediocrity. I was really surprised with this interview - Kate really seems to be all about the fame but I'm guessing it' more for her than the kids.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched this show in ages but tuned in to see the last 2 epis. Just wow, Kate really acts like a mean nasty piece of poop.

I saw the Today interview and heard Kate say she doesn't want mediocre for her kids. To that I say mediocre beats going through your parents nasty pubic divorce, mediocre beats seeing your mother berate those around you, mediocre beats watching your babysitter of 5 years leave due to the obnoxious behavior of your mother.

My prediction is that one day when the kids are older they will gravitate towards their father to find stability and unconditional love with him and Kate will be left all alone with her hair extensions, false eyelashes and stilettos.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I saw parts of the show, as well as the Today show - my opinion -

Kate talks about how she grew up (5 kids? preacher kid - church owned small home) and for her to want more, or "better" that's her, that I dont have a problem with - but I also know that there are several, many parents with 8 kids that live in small ranches and thats where they are...

The nannies - well honestly, we never see them on "the show" there has been several smack downs off camera on how Kate controls what gets shown, who gets paid, and how that has thrown a wedge in relationships (no judgements, just what I remember) so for it to all come down to this trip, with nannies that have been there 5 years - I think they were very respectful of the kids in what was shown, and the questions asked... I think they could've "edited" it to be much more "sensationalized" I remember too the rift with the "crew/producers" that had disagreements - and there was a comparison made to the filming of the Duggers vs Kate - night and day - but again - TLC made a lot of money off this - Kate managed and controlled, that is her personality - she is right, that it was more of a reality show than what is being promoted nowadays as reality! (loved that TMZ got ahold of a producer asking Kourtney and Scott to say and repeat certain things - which we at TVCH have known about reality for a long time)

And with the interview with Matt, she was shopping for the next thing - as long as she has a fan base, she will find work in TV, and it is a good job (if you can get it! ;) good, bad, or indifferent, we watch, we talk about it - -

I think its an interesting look at the thought, what do you want, what are you doing - I'd love to be in a better financial position (as I feel Kate says, or believes) but what am I doing? not much... sitting and thinking, not doing...

I do resent her saying that she has no money, she is out of work, to me that's begging, and I dont buy that line at all - I think (or maybe hope) a lot of money has been put into trust for those kids! I do remember when the kids were born the govenor of PA gave the 6 kids college tuition for in state college - and didnt Jon also get an IT job (that didnt last) I do not want to judge how kate spends her money - but I can only imagine how much she spends on nannies, and security precautions for her and her kids -

I think that also added stress to the trip - when Oprah went out west, she mingled with the other campers - when Kate went she had huge tarps set up to protect privacy - I found that sad - but its who she is, and how she feels, and I respect that...

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
three or four times during the RV episodes Kate became very agitated when people took photos of the family. Now, these didn't appear to be paparazzi, just fellow vacationers in RV camps, or tourist sights. I can understand not wanting to be hounded by photographers that are stalking your every move, however, she has thrust herself and her brood into the spotlight. If I'm sitting at Mt. Rushmore or Old Faithful with my camera, which most people will have at these spots, and I see a TV family arrive with a camera crew, I'm going to take a photo. What on earth did she expect would happen?

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
she has no expectation of privacy, I agree. However, she does not have to pose with people if she does not want to do that (I don't know if this was asked of her or not). Was she the one that used to sell pictures of/with the family?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I agree that she has to expect the photos but to be fair to her.... she did say that her plan always is to do bathroom runs, hair, etc while they are driving so that as soon as they pull up anywhere they can jump out and go. That way the kids get a few minutes of relative privacy before the pics start. I didn't get the impression that Kate was mad at the public photo takers as much as she was at her babysitter who left her and half the kids standing on the sidewalk while she got ready even though Kate had had to talk to her about the issue at previous stops. But in the end it doesn't even matter, Kate is her boss and if she says to wear purple socks and only speak in pig latin then you either do it or quit. You don't act like a big baby and gripe behind your boss' back when you are the one in the wrong.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, Rissa and Reader.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
You don't act like a big baby and gripe behind your boss' back when you are the one in the wrong.

And you don't say, "I'd DIE for these kids, but I can't stand one more minute with that woman" in front of "that woman's" teenaged children. While the kids are certainly used to their mother getting crazy about things, the nanny and Kate's "best friend" should not have been dissing her in front of the children.

If Kate can put herself out there, warts and all, and there is an audience for her, more power to her. I don't care about her personal financial issues or whether she spends her money appropriately or not. Why is it any of our business?

And I don't care if 99.9% of the population with 8 kids lives in a trailer and eats nothing but store brand food and wears used clothing from the Salvation Army stores... it's not what Kate wants. It's fully within her right to pursue whatever she perceives to be a better quality of life for herself and the children.

If people don't approve of her attitude, or her parenting, her "Hollywood" desires, or her use of money, there are hundreds of other shows to watch and news articles out there to read.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Huk, I couldn't have said it better myself. <93>

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
LOL OG!

Ditto Huk. I also think that some folks miss the point about Kate trying to maintain her level of income. She could well sell the house and move into a smaller home, drive cheaper cars, put the kids in a different school and shop at Walmart. Would this make the kids life better? Easier? Even if they never appear on tv again it will be years before they are not subject to attention in public places. If she has the option to try to maintain their current situation then as a parent doesn't she have an obligation to try? I won't be watching anything she is in but I don't begrudge her the opportunities. It costs a certain amount to exist for a year with 8 kids. Multiple that by about 15 more years, add in future education and cost of living increases and I totally understand how she might be concerned about her money situation.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Double ditto Huk and Rissa. Kate wants the best for her kids. Not everyone has that mindset. Many parents are of the "I survived poverty and so will they" team. If that's what they want, it's their business. I do not find fault with anyone who wants more than they had for their children. Kate once said that she wanted each and every one of the eight to have the same opportunities that a middle class only child would have.

As for them being in public. Even if they had never been on television at all they would attract attention wherever they go. I once lived in the same town as quadruplets. Every where they went everyone stopped and stared and asked if they were the "Jones" family. Some asked for photos. Having six of one and two of another are going to cause people to look and ask questions. Those kids were going to be in the spotlight television or not.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I found the babysitter and "best friend" bad talking Kate in front of the kids very disturbing. But, somehow I bet this has happened before. You have to be very careful when hiring babysitters or having your adult friends around your kids in such close quarters and in such a casual way. I can't imagine what that does to a child hearing such comments about their mother. But, again I bet the kids are well aware of their mothers personality and it wasn't the first or last time the kids will hear nasty comments about their mother. I'm surprised the kids didn't defend their mom? I wonder if they were just to scared to speak up?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just finished watching the last show. I thought it was very well done, and Kate looked smashing.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am just curious, some people find that the babysitters talking about kate was in bad form, but what about the way Kate talked about Jon in front of the kids, telling the kids not to listen to him, he is stupid and yelling bad things to him, all in front of his children. I always thought that was very bad of her to do. I think the baby sitters have been putting up with her yelling at them for such a long time they finally had it along with the rest of the crew. Kate just isn't a nice person.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think the kids are probably used to hearing Kate bad mouth others and others bad mouth Kate. Not good, but I'm sure it's not a new thing for those kids.

I haven't been able to watch the finale yet. Looked like it was a recap of the whole series and some interview clips? I have it on the DVR for some day.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Only one was a nanny, the other was Kate's "best friend." I never personally thought it was right of Kate to yell at Jon in front of the children, but I could certainly see why she was super frustrated with him. So I DO see the comparison, but the children are much older now and have enough on their plates without hearing their mother (the only pretty much full-time parent they have) berated.

It does make me wonder if Kate's OCD behaviors bother others around her so much that they lash out, whether outwardly or behind her back and it just fuels the fires. It was still inappropriate for a paid employee and a best friend to do. I'm glad they showed them doing so, because it showed that Kate is sometimes egged on, IMO

Puffy

08-27-2011

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puffy a private message Print Post    
Not that I care, but to correct a post above,

http://www.kateplusmy8.com/ is the official website.

kateplusmyeight.com is a knock-off website.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I caught a bit today on TV where she was whining about how she was a nurse she'll always be a nurse but she doesn't WANT to be a nurse now because she'll be gone 16 hours a day. OK, so tell me two things:

1. Where does it say that all nurses work 16 hours a day?

2. Why should SHE get special treatment and be allowed to spend all day with HER kids while other "normal" folks have to work?

I just don't like the attitude. Then again, I've always thought she was one of those garden hoe things... you know a media garden hoe! :-)

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Someone tells me I can work 40 hours per week for an average middle-class salary and have to budget, save and compromise the life my family currently has. Or I can try to stay in the entertainment business, making a highly inflated salary and work a fraction of the hours? No brainer IMO. It's not like she is working as a nurse and complaining about her lot in life, she is just saying she wants to continue the way she is if she can. She's abrasive but if her delivery is taken out of the equation then what she says is very reasonable.