TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 12, 2011 users admin

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well Costa, all those hair extensions, high-end shoes, and self-indulgences cost money, you know ;)

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL!!! She claimed she didn't have enough for college for the kids, but then the reporter said "she has some money set aside for college and has enough money saved to last a few months." So yeah, I guess the hair extensions and red carpet clothing was more important. But seriously, how many seasons was she on the show? How many thousands of dollars for each show? I just can't imagine she is poor.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kate's children have already been guaranteed free tuition for their state college. But I don't think she wants them to attend a lowly state college.

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
It will be interesting to see if the bodyguard stays employed once her show is cancelled. I believe it's TLC who pays for him, no?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Wasn't he part of her "contract" with TLC?

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
After watching her meltdown about his piece of pizza, I really do wonder now if there's more to their relationship than what they claim. Guess we'll know if he sticks around after cancellation.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
She's got 8 kids. She lost her babysitter on the road. She has no more TV show. Do YOU think he'll stick around? :-)

Holly

07-21-2001

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well. So much for Kate's whining about financial woes. Here's her latest BIG self-indulgence:

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/goddess/kate-gosselins-flashy-new-car/716

You might be thinking, "Hey, if she's got the money, let her get whatever extra car she wants." Thing is, Kate's reality show "Kate Plus 8" (the spinoff of the TLC monster hit "Jon and Kate Plus 8" that began airing after she and Jon Gosselin divorced in 2009) was recently canceled. Since then, she's lamented to the media about financial woes.
"People think we made gazillions of dollars, and we didn't," she said in a recent cover interview with People. "After the show was canceled, I said, 'I'll go back to my old nursing job.' If nothing comes up I'll do it. But the scary reality is, 12-hour nursing shifts every day wouldn't let me continue to provide well for eight kids essentially on my own. When you think about it that way, it gets really scary."

Scary enough to go out and buy a small-but-gorgeous ride that averages in the $50,000 range? Our sympathy's waning, Kate ...
snip

I can't help but remember the disdain and disgust thrown at Jon for buying a MUCH less expensive sports car a while back, and that was WHILE they were making the big bucks from the show each week. And talking about Jon, I have to commend him for staying out of the media and trying to live a normal life these days, unlike his fame hungry ex.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Let's be fair, these two deserve each other... past, present and I am sure future. LOL Jon talks to every media that asks, just this week he is snarking about Kate to some site called rumorfix.com. The difference isn't that he is staying out of the limelight so much as no-one is interested in what he has to say anymore so it doesn't get the same coverage. Soon enough Kate will also be in the same boat but it doesn't make one of them better or worse than the other.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I can't help but remember the disdain and disgust thrown at Jon for buying a MUCH less expensive sports car a while back

I"m sorry but which car are you referring to? Because he bought *four* cars in 2009. There was the Nissan sports car, the Porsche (sports car for his *girlfriend*), the BMW and the uh, Mercedes.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So Kate goes all poor pitiful me but then turns around and buys a car that is so very obviously NOT a family car? Wouldn't that be enough to cover their living expenses for another few months? (That which she says is all she has left?)

I'm sorry but I really wish this woman would crawl back into the hole she came from. And that the media would quit giving her any air time. She's really not worth the pages they print on. Ya know?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
As for the new car: Is there documentation she actually bought said car?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I'm no fan, but maybe she got a deal on a lease. Lots of fancy cars rolling around here in Vegas that are leased for small bucks.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
They aired the story on E! news...she bought the car and got a great deal because it is "used".

This lady just needs to go away. The thing that gets to me is that she is all about the perks and trips. Why can't she just unpack and stay home for a while??? The show would have been more enjoyable if it all took place at home. Kind of like the zoo...

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I always enjoyed the at home footage more too. Also, Kate is calmer and less stressed at home in the normal routine and surroundings. (Well, most people are.)

(Not that I think she shouldn't take the kids on trips, out shopping, etc. She does and she should. Just sayin, I personally enjoyed the at home footage more.)

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
rumour has it that LA Ink was cancelled just to make way for a tba Kat Von D/Jesse James reality show on TLC..
Is it possible that the Kate +8 cancellation has anything to do with the long awaited arrival of Twist of Kate? Apparently the first 12 episodes were completed long ago.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 11, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What is 'twist of kate'?
Didn't Kat and Jesse break up recently?

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I can't keep track of it all, but I think they reconciled, although who knows what their status is on any given day?!

I always like the home episodes, too. I didn't really like watching them take vacations.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Twist of Kate is a TLC show featuring Kate doing a day in the life of different women who find themselves as newly single mothers or facing some sort of adversity and she apparently was going to be helping them cope by doling out advice.. (I know, what advice would she give? whine and complain a lot?).. anyway 12 episodes were completed and it was supposed to start airing last November I think it was, but it didn't ever appear on their schedule, but TLC always maintained that the project hadn't been shelved..

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks KelliR. I do recall hearing about that. Yep, advice from Kate. Worth it's weight in..... what?! LOL!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Worth it's weight in individually foil wrapped slices of adult only pizza?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
ha ha, that's really funny Kellirippa!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Who's going to look out for the kids now that their parent (TLC's crew) has flown the coop? I feel bad for those kids but as it seems they weren't any better than Jon or Kate. I'm even a little bit scared for them, the 8.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think at this point the kids are at school much of the day (when they're not kicked out). So, hopefully Kate can hire babysitters to take care of them in the evening. Not sure what they'll do during the summer. Maybe she can hire a couple of high school kids!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, September 12, 2011 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
finally saw the camping episode...the nannies were out of line!