TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through August 24, 2011 users admin

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Yep, especially when Maddie's mom pays for special classes weekly for the other dance solo.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
alright! I'm a happy camper now, finally found episodes 4 & 5, me and everyone I've been sending links to are all caught up!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Do you mind saying where you got your ep 5 link? It's just shown the 4th one on the 10th here. It started 7/20 and one ep each Wednesday after. I'd like to get caught up, too!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
This is where I watched it:

http://www.videozer.com/video/Y9COd

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
Kelli, when do you think 6 will be out?

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Beangirl, I clicked that link and it was my episode 4, so episode 6 here in the US won't be out for another week and a half.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
You must have missed one Tx, that's definitely episode 5, it's called when stars collide. Episode 4 was called stealing the show.

Bean: The show comes on TV in the US on Wednesday nights, so if you aren't in the US, and have to watch it elsewhere like me, it starts being available Thursday from other sources. The only one I had real trouble finding was episode 4, there were some legal issues surrounding that one and it was pulled from everything as soon as it was put up, but it's out there now.
The next episode, #6, is the last one for the season.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I'm sure you're right, I'll wait until they show them again in totality and find the one I missed. Dang, only 1 more! I hope it did well enough to come back for another season.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
How hilarious was that when the new mom, Kathy, just started doing her own thing in the Mom dance?!! That just killed me!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Yeah it was! I don't know what it is about this show, there is absolutely not a dull moment. Some shows I DVR I can fast forward through some portions for an example, whining from the same people, like on Project Runway and RH's...not Dance Moms!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
How hilarious was that when the new mom, Kathy, just started doing her own thing in the Mom dance?!! That just killed me!

That was unbelievable, Kellirippa. I thought she was being too nice in doing the choreography, etc. She is something else. Marches to her own drum and lives in her own world.

I also loved it when she changed up her daughter's routine. Unbelievable. I don't really know why she brought her to Abby.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I have to agree Cricket.. First of all, I don't know what I would think if I was a parent or student and Kathy's own studio.. If I was paying for a dance education and the owner didn't even think it was good enough for her own child? YIKES!!
There's a few things that don't make a lot of sense, like why a 13 year old girl is in a group with two 6 years olds, and why Vivey was just allowed onto this elite team when she really isn't at their level.. there must be a lot of dancers at the studio that would like to be on the competitive team..
I also don't understand why Abby lets Kathy get away with switching out a solo and not riding the bus, I get the feeling that if the other mom's pulled that they'd be out looking for new studios!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Bumping reminder for tonight at 9 central for a new epi.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, August 19, 2011 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
Wow, when Kathy asked for that costume back 3 minutes before that little girl's solo.. not cool!! Also didn't care for Abby putting those two girls against each other in the older age category..

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing about that, really no sense in her putting Maddie up an age division and waiting to mention it right before the comp. Still lovin' this show!

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Saturday, August 20, 2011 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
I was shocked at the ages of the moms. Talking about the wrinkles they have, but they are not even 45 yet. Wow..I'm no judge of age. I also thought it was mean of Kathy to get the costume back just before the performance. She should have been upfront when they first asked to borrow it. She was also snarky when they said that when the girl came in 6th place there were 5 dancers who were better than her. Starting a screaming match with the mom 3 min. before she went on made her nervous. The "moms dance" was a hoot. Kathy looked like a joke. I know she thinks she's all that, but did you see the face of the scout from NY?

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Sunday, August 21, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Indeed I did, too funny!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I loved when the talent agent shooed Abby out of the room when the girls were rehearsing..

You know, I was just thinking, back in the first episode Kathy brought Vivey to the studio to sign up for lessons and then told Abby that she wanted Vivey to compete with a group the very next weekend.. but then a couple of episodes later she switched Vivey's solo because she said she wasn't comfortable with new choreography.. huh?
I can buy this show as a legit reality show in every aspect except the Kathy character.. she's is supposed to be an instructor at a studio she owns, but she has 5 nights a week free to go to another studio.. Turning the Mom's dance into her own solo seemed fake, and would anybody that actually says she doesn't care to be involved with the other moms say to them that they needed botox and a nose job?

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Tuesday, August 23, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
Kathy seems, well, nuts…and that group is way too diverse age wise….my daughters dance group is all within a year of each other as is the entire studio she dances at….

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I agree, my daughter teaches at a smallish studio, but there never more than a couple of years between the kids.
It makes no sense that a 13 year old would be dancing in a group that has two 6 year olds in it. And Vivie-Ann doesn't have nearly the skills of even the other 6 year old.. there is no way a 6 year old with average skills would come from another studio and be put in such an established competitive group, If the Abby Lee studio is the best in Pittsburg (that's where they are, right?), it must be full to capacity.. there's got to be a group closer to Brooks age, and also a group for the 2 six year olds...
I suspect that when Abby was approached with the idea for this show she immediately wanted it to be about the group with her star "Maddie", and the 6 year old sister and 13 year old sister wanted to be on the TV show too.. and Kathy, well, I just think Kathy and Vivie make no sense at all..

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
My daughter teaches also and at her school the kids are close in age as well. I don't get Kathy either.

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they asked Abby to pick some moms that would create drama no matter what the age of the girls are. I know my daughters group would have a few to chose from!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I suppose that's possible, but it seems unlikely that they would have chosen Holly and her daughter Nia for drama.

Beangirl

07-06-2011

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beangirl a private message Print Post    
Hmmm…..I think there has to be one likeable character or no one would watch!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 24, 2011 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It's possible that we are only seeing the competition team. The rules might be that they have to have so many of each age on the team. I don't know, but that's the impression I got.