TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 06, 2011 users admin

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
On second thought, no she won't because she only buys "organic".

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I just read that Kate is going to be a new cohost on TheTalk. Good for her.

http://www.realitytea.com/

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I think kate would be great on The Talk. Personally I'm glad to see Leah leave the show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yay, Kate. I am so glad she will be able to take good care of her family. I hope it works out for her.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I read that Molly Shannon and Kris (Kardashian) Jenner will be guest hosts as well. I wonder if Kate will be a fill-in or a regular co-host?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I read that Kate would come on after Kris Jenner's time is over, for a few weeks.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Kate's 15 minutes was over 2 years ago. Go away Kate. I just saw footage over her big blowup with the nanny. She was screaming at her for giving maddy a piece of pizza not wrapped in foil to give to the body guard. My gosh, the pizza touched Maddys hand how grose. Give it a rest lady.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh that stinks. I kind of liked The Talk. I hope she's a very temporary replacement.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Nobody watch last night??? My God she is a piece of work. She is just so miserable all the time I don't blame her babysitter for walking out on her. I realize that the trip they were on in such close quarters must have been very stressing but at least she should have tried to make the best of it. Even the bodyguard spoke to the camera last night and admitted he wouldn't do it again for a loooooooooooong time. It was quite the show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Extreme stress can do that to anyone. I'd of probably been in a corner sucking my thumb and mumbling to myself.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The thing that amazes me is that most people try to tone it down and put forth their better side if they know there is a camera on them. Yow!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
After reading all the oh-my-gods from last week I broke down and watched the show for the first time in recent memory. Was nothing. Kate is not a likeable person, don't think anyone claims she is a charmer but besides that it was the same old boring over-exposed family that it's been for years. She would probably use a better class of friends/assistants but then she would have to BE a better friend too. Not exactly an earth-shattering insight. LOL Didn't bother watching this week.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Who goes white-water rafting (with six small kids in the boat) and insists on not getting a drop of water on them!!?! LOL The river guide must have wanted so badly to accidentally knock her in the water with his paddle...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I laughted thru most of it, until the kids had to say good bye.

As someone who has gone on vacation with my women friends and their kids (twice), I personally know it can be a GREAT strain. Took a few months both times before we started socializing again. Heck a lot of families aren't very pleasant to each other on vacation (ever been at DisneyLand?).

I do think Kate is OCD, as I've said before, and that's an illness, not a fault. I have a very dear friend who is very similar. Couldn't live with her (I tried once many many years ago), but she is simply not a bad person. Not at all.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
When she was talking about the trip at the end and talking about all they did, she said something about all the organization and how she liked that, very OCD. That being said, I would have slapped her about halfway through the trip. But that's me. I understand having to be organized with all those kids but she's just mean. She talked about how people all leave her. You've got to start to think that maybe it's you.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Kate says that people leave her and gives off a strong vibe that she expects them to leave and just moves on. That is down right sad; but she doesn't get it.

Amchess

08-27-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
She is organized in that she gives everyone else instructions and won't take the blame for any snafus. She did say enough for 2 days (removing clothes they needed from the "sick" trailer) but argued that she didn't. She never just relaxes and enjoys which is sad for her and the kids. It's always push push push. And poor Maddy's grubby hands!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, she should see someone for her OCD. It is life damaging, to herself and her family.

But again, it's the overwhelming anxiety that goes with the OCD that makes her 'mean."

She also goes out of her way often to create fun activities for her kids.

But I don't see her as mean. It's just like hoarding, she can't change because the anxiety is overwhelming when she tries to. She needs a good professional to get in under control.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Her so called helpers did everything in their power to make it worse for her. You'd think that having known her for so long they'd understand that they had to play by her rules. They went out of their way to antagonize Kate and laughed when they succeeded. With friends like that, Kate needs no enemies.

While two of them had five older children to supervise, Kate alone had six younger kids. Then she had to do all the thinking for both RVs. It doesn't make Kate a bad mother to expect her helpers to respect the way she feeds her children. She's doing the best she can under circumstances that would overwhelm almost everyone. She does need help for anxiety and OCD, but her friend and hired helper seem to do everything they could to make it worse.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
She would probably use a better class of friends/assistants but then she would have to BE a better friend too.

this was my thought from last week's episode too. I haven't watched this week's yet, but it sounds like a doozie! Tonight!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
It scares me that I understand Kate's frustration and need for constant order when other people are trying to help. I understand it all to well.

I have the same frustrations with my mom/grandma when it comes to my rules with MY Children. It's like a power struggle. When I say don't feed them sugar and chips, don't sneak it behind my back. It undermine's my authority and I have to be on 'extra' watch when the children are around them. I can see the change in my children when they are with other caregivers, they turn into whiny, drama queens because they know they can get away with it iwth others.

I cannot imagine what it is like with more than 2 children and having to do it alone. Chaos control, order, symmetry, routine, and consistency are a CONSTANT MUST, I know that.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Well said, Escapee!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I truly wished the gals hadn't bad-mouthed Kate in front of her children.

Iluvreality

05-08-2011

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iluvreality a private message Print Post    
I felt sorry for the nanny. I used to like Kate, but now I just can't watch the show. My favorite part was the interaction between the little ones. Now they are older, not as interesting.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Not exactly an earth-shattering insight. LOL Didn't bother watching this week.

Rissa, if you can find a repeat, watch it. This week was all the action.

I can't help but think there is something between her and the bodyguard; she chastised him last night just like she used to talk to Jon, lol.

I have never seen a more badly behaved woman who desperately needs counseling. The ONLY part of the trip she enjoyed was when she was able to 'organize' ie., control. That is sad for her and her children.