TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 29, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've been involved with a lot of these as well and no question that they get people going.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I know.. if only you could just ride around with a sign.. on a horse, of course :-)

ACK and now I'm humming and whistling the "Mr. Ed" theme song.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We do Christmas carol on horseback. Always attracts a crowd and good donations. Never as big a moneymaker as the annual gala.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds like fun.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
We do Christmas carol on horseback.

I LOVE that!!! Very cool and great! :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, July 02, 2011 - 5:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Enjoyed this low key show and great idea to make cookies that the dialysis patients can actually eat and visiting the dialysis center and at the same time seeing where mom used to work. The dinner sounded fun for a group of kids. Loved the 'tup who was really liking those sardines.

Punkaroo

05-30-2006

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkaroo a private message Print Post    
Cancelled? Heard a few rumours.....

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Finally, maybe now Kate can get to raising the kids out of the fishbowl. Sorry to say that I believe the show ruined this once intact family.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Not a rumor

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=664369&GT1=28103

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep... cancelled with four eps to air (unless the two last night were counted in that stat) and the possibility of specials held out by TLC.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I for one would like to see an update show from time to time.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Honestly, the only person in the family I've enjoyed watching this season, was Mady. She has really come into her own and is a good leader and role model for the younger ones. Cara has been pouty, and the tups have not been spontaneous, IMO. Too much playing to the camera now that they're older.

An update might be good, but I'm pretty uninterested anymore.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I've enjoyed ALL the kids this season and hope for updates.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm really curious about if those previews are blowing things out of proportion or if it's really that bad what happens with Kate and her fav helper and her friend on their trip to South Dakota. I assume it's south Dakota because they kept showing Mt. Rushmore in the preview.

The kids seem to love that girl! (The one who let them mess up the house while Kate was gone on her NYC trip) I really hope she didn't quit. The commercial showed her in tears because of how Kate was treating her.

I'm going to have to go search for spoilers

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I believe I heard or read that they will do specials from time to time.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, August 22, 2011 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The commercial showed her in tears because of how Kate was treating her.

It totally appears that way, but after being fooled by the producers of Bachelor Pad (making it appear that Jake was bad mouthing Vienna in a preview...and in reality he totally wasn't), I will wait to see when the show actually airs.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, August 26, 2011 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
the bodyguard sure looks like he is more than that...

Watching2

07-07-2001

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Funny how seeing the bodyguard raised an eyebrow for me, too. I'm usually one to not jump on bandwagons when relationships are rumored. I guess it's more just because of this preview. Kate looks strange to me where she's saying "it's so over" or something like that. She almost doesn't look like herself, if that makes any sense!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
No Sue, it doesn't make any sense ha ha ha!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Replying to Happymom from Aug 22...

You are so right. They do try to fool us from the previews. For all we know, when the young helper said she couldn't take another minute with "that woman"...Maybe she meant Kate's friend, and not Kate. Looks like we'll know for sure a week from tonight.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG, at the beginning of tonight's show it shows the kids crying as the young helper is leaving! It's definitely the Kate fighting with the helper!

It shows Kate and the young helper fighting through the camper window. Kate is outside yelling at her while the helper is looking out the camper window crying.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I never did a spoiler for this show, but this show starts out with Kate being horrible at every level. I better stop spoiling or may say something not allowed at our nice forum.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
One thing I wanted to add...Kate didn't really drive like the commercials showed. They had two professional drivers for both of the RVs, and Kate just took a try.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Notes while watching:

Not liking that Kate calls helpers "Servants"

Several days into the trip, the helpers said during the side diary is that the only way to get through this trip is if Kate stays on the other bus.

to be continued next week....

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, August 29, 2011 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hadn't watched this show in a while. If you can even believe it -- I had forgotten just how grating Kate is! How nasty her tone sounds to me. Hmmm... I wonder if I tell DD that when she's helping me she needs to be running at all times -- do you think that will work? LOL!

Kate looks very thin to me, and like she's aged a bit. She's looking really harsh in her features, weathered. And one of the older twins is noticibly more chunky than the other. SHe looks so much like Jon!

I wonder where the 'drivers' sleep? Perhaps in an RV with the camera crew?

I'm only half way through hour one and you're telling me it's to be continued? Not sure I can handle 1.5 more hours of Kate. Road trips are tough -- road trips with Kate?! OMG!