TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 16, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 16, 2011 users admin

Nanie

07-24-2009

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nanie a private message Print Post    
I completely agree with Stormie, I heard that Kathy and Melissa tried out the first two seasons but were not picked. At the reunion when Danielle Straub said why didn't you acknowledge your nephew, Teresa went nuts and was screaming who have you been talking to. I think the two of them got on the show by playing up problems in the family and really why would Teresa not be angry about that.

Nanie

07-24-2009

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nanie a private message Print Post    
It seems all the housewives eventually want to find a way to push something to make them money, but these two came on the first show talking about singing and desserts. Also Teresa looked like she was telling the truth about never hearing that Melissa always wanted to be a singer, and Kathy rolling her eyes about the way Teresa was raised is pretty insulting to her Aunt and Uncle.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Well, they're there now and Teresa needs to get over it (and herself), holding grudges makes you bitter and the bitter heart eats its owner.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
On a side note, I checked Theresa's book out of the library (Skinny Italian) and made the tagliatelle dish in it - good!

Stormie

03-01-2007

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
My thoughts too Nanie.

I'd love to see Teresa have her own cooking show, who knows, maybe she'll be the spinoff show for this series, or better yet, a cooking show on another network, that would be cool.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I don't know, Stormie. I really like what I'm seeing of the recipes in the book and actually considering buying a copy but I don't know if I could actually watch AND listen to her, lol!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Yeah she can explain to you all the ingredientesES like come-in (cumin) and stuff but you can always do what I do and turn on closed captioning so you can understand her! lol

Stormie

03-01-2007

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
LOL Kappy, it might be a little much, true, but I think it would be interesting, informative and hilarious at the same time. And to her see cook her favorite recipes and her family involved, like they did with the sauce, would be entertaining to me. For the most part, Teresa just cracks me up, I mean things like showing the audience what her hubby bought for them, that was hysterical.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
When I checked the book out, the librarian took one look and exclaimed "OH, Theresa!".

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Dina Manzo for her new show on HGTV " Dina's Party" which will be on tomorrow 8/15 following "Design Star". I had forgotten about Dina; does anyone ever notice her in the background at events at the Brownstone or in the homes of Caroline or Jacqueline ?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
(((sigh))) If Ashley was my daughter, I swear after I knocked her upside the head, I would take the keys to her SUV away, and throw her ass out of the house and let her go live with her father!!! I have NEVER, NEVER liked her and last night only solidified my dislike for her.

What an ungrateful brat!!!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I also bet Mama is paying for her cell phone also and I would have that service turned off. She is young and so entitled, but I also partly blame her Mom because she was handed everything and it looks like she never had to work for anything. She needs to go to school and get a job. Her cousins also aren't too happy with her.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I agree. Make her live with her dad for awhile. She should at least be in school.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
That Ashley girl is a total piece of work. She should be embarrassed for acting the way she does. I liked the fact that her father gave her a piece of his mind. She needs to be cut off asap.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I am really tired of Teresa. I understand that she has hurt feelings but she just can't let go of anything and really try and then she keeps saying that she is trying and she is the one extending the olive branch. I hate that she is making me sympathetic to Melissa.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
And Ashley is using her mom's guilt against her. She is intentionally playing the "I come from two families" BS. She should feel lucky that she has two loving families to be part of. I don't see where they have mistreated her on either side or made her feel like the divorce was because of her in any way. She is spoiled and needs a wake-up call but I don't feel too hopeful that Jacqueline will give it to her.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
"I hate that she is making me sympathetic to Melissa."

I know just what you mean. I feel that way, too.

"Ashley is using her mom's guilt against her"

I'm not even sure what her mother has to feel guilty about. Being a young mother? Getting divorced. So far we have seen that Ashley has four attractive, loving parents concerned for her. At least one great set of grandparents and lots of extended family that treats her like their own blood.

Do you remember at the New Year's Eve party when she said she was 20 and her parents couldn't tell her what to do? I say fine. Get out and live your own life.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It was Jacqueline who said (around the time that Chris was calling into Caroline's show) that she has a lot of guilt over the divorce and Ashley not having both parents all of the time. I think Ashley is using that to manipulate further and you're exactly right, she shouldn't feel guilty about anything. If it were my daughter, as tough as it would be, she would be given a little money to get started and then would be completely on her own.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I missed last night's show, so I can't comment on it.

But, didn't Chris (Jacki's husband) keep going behind Jacki's back and buying Ashley's cars (both of them) when Jacki kept saying not to, that Ashley needed to earn it first?

He certainly didn't help the situation.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I could easily fast forward through scenes with Ashley ; I have little or no interject in her ungrateful behavior.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
My biggest question is why, when this show started, and the family had a choice, did they allow Ashley to be a part of the show? Being on TV could only have contributed to her poor behavior. There is no way it could have helped.

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, August 15, 2011 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I agree Missyb, I thought that too. And if the parent's made Ashley pay rent and for food, etc., she might start singing a different tune. Maybe Ashley just doesn't get the reality of the real world. Whatever happens, I hope she finds her way soon and things don't get worse in the family, especially for Jaqueline, I felt so bad for her.

After what Melissa said about Teresa and cooking last night, I thought her true colors were finally shining through, very jealous. And the crying about the psychic, I didn't buy it for one second, it seemed more planned than anything. Just a thought, but maybe bc Melissa is a younger sister she doesn't like to share the spotlight, or is used to getting her way, so she's trying to turn off Teresa's spotlight. I don't believe Melissa or Kathy, I think they are exaggerating the issues they have with Teresa and using them to gain sympathy, aka fans to buy their stuff, although, I think Melissa is the one who convinced Kathy and their husbands to go after Teresa.

But from what Teresa blogs and tweets, she's very proud of Melissa and wishes her well, so she doesn't actually harbor anything, she seems to have acclimated to the situation. I loved the segment with her family and the pics, poor kids looked tired, but it reminded me of family pics, so I can relate.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Were Jacqueline and Ashley's father married? The only reason I ask is because Ashley made the comment that it was Jacqueline's choice to "keep her" instead of putting her up for adoption.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I wondered about that too, Lexie_girl. That is why I asked what did J have to feel guilty about.

Also, on some interview I watched J said that A was paying for her own car, and that Chris had just helped her with the purchasing and down payment. When asked how she was paying for it, J grinned slyly and said payments she gets from a "certain television show." So I don't know, maybe she doesn't get a job because she already has one. Who knows how much she gets paid. Maybe the whole thing (her persona on the show) is just an act, and she agreed to it.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
I believe she got pregnant by Matt, got married, and divorced when Ashley was a toddler.