TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 02, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 02, 2011 users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Ann, FWIW, you're in the "Reality Show" section of the board. The "regular" TV Shows has a section too, and the move to Direct TV for Damages was discussed in that area's "Random Discussions" Thread.

The Damages discussion of that thread has archived, but if you're interested in reading that discussion, it started HERE and continued HERE.

It kind of looks like those of us without DirectTV are pretty much SOL.

Ann

09-27-2005

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
I'm so sorry..I didn't realize I posted in the wrong section.

Cricket, thank you for the info.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
No need to apologize. Just thought I'd point you in the right direction so you could benefit from the discussion.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Never worry about that, Ann. We just want people to be able to find the best discussion possible for the subjects that interest them. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Jaime Oliver's show on Friday was another new ep for this season (2nd season) of Food Revolution.

He is my hero. What a wonderful guy. I am so sad and frustrated that he is met with such resistance while trying to do such a good, vital thing by revolutionizing school food. School food is truly so lacking in nutrition, so loaded with fat and starch/sugar and salt. Healthy eating is so important. Jaime gets treated like he's a drug dealer or something sometimes.

Ann

09-27-2005

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
Found on Facebook

"HELL’S KITCHEN will return in JULY with a special 2-night Season Premiere on MON 7/18 & TUE 7/19 (8/7c)!"

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Thanks to Jamie Oliver, "flavored" milk will no longer be available in Los Angeles schools. LA Times

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
good!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 23, 2011 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I have enjoyed our first season of Top Chef Canada so far, and I was pleased to see they are auditioning for Season 2. We will be getting Top Chef - Desserts starting July 11 (I beleive) on Food Network Canada.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone check out that new reality show "How to get kicked off a game show" or something to that effect?

I watched the pilot, it looks ok for summertime viewing although I would have liked to have seen what happens to the person once released from the moving truck. (Ya, I'm a bit warped! LOL)

Also anyone hear if "Last Comic Standing" will be on this summer?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Miz,
Yes, I watched 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show. It was just ok imo. Once was enough. Parts reminded me of Fear Factor. No info on LCS. I think it just wrapped up a few months ago.

Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca will be on Amazing Race 19.

Lyn

08-07-2002

Saturday, June 25, 2011 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I saw a few minutes of 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show - whoa that poor lady that was wrong on the McDonalds question. I actually had tears in my eyes...not sure that's a show for me

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Possible spoiler for those who watch Next Iron Chef:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Chef Burrell tweeted today that she's taking the longest plane ride of her life--to Tokyo. IIRC, in at least 2 of the previous seasons, Tokyo was the site of the finals

Ann

09-27-2005

Sunday, June 26, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ann a private message Print Post    
"'Octomom' joins celebrity dating show"

Friday, June 24 2011, 9:26pm EDT
By Tara Fowler, Entertainment

'Octomom' Nadya Suleman has joined the cast of the celebrity dating series Celebridate.

Suleman announced that she feels fortunate to be invited to participate in the forthcoming HDNet series, according to PopEater.

For full interview: http://www.digitalspy.ca/ustv/news/a326725/octomom-joins-celebrity-dating-show.html

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, good gravy!

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
RE, 101 Ways to Leave a Gameshow -- really scraping the bottom of the with this one. The original idea had some merit, which is why I tuned in to check it out. But with that said, the execution was way off. The host was awful. Awful! He speaks way too slow and has that "game show host" way of acting that leaves the impression he thinks he's funnier and more clever than he is. Took way too much time asking the questions and reviewing the answers. The contestant exits comprised less than 5 minutes of the total viewing time. The rest was just boring. There were only four exits, and only one of those was really terrifying -- when they launched the Justin Beiber fan into the air in the pilot chair. Yep that looked pretty scary. The ten story water drop at the end would have been pretty nerve wracking, but then it's revealed that it wasn't a total free fall - they were tied to safety lines. Once the first woman dropped, the next two were less dramatic knowing that they were safety-lined in. The most interesting aspect of the show to me was wondering how they convinced their insurance liability people to cover them for putting real people in these stunts. Anyway, that's my opinion, for what it's worth.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Tish, very exciting! Thanks for posting that!

I recently saw a former Iron Chef candidate, chef Canora, who made it pretty far in his season. He was on Extreme Chefs or Extreme cooking...whatever that show is called that was on after Next Food Network Star the other night. He was a judge.

I had high hopes for that show, but didn't find it that interesting and didn't even watch the end to find out who won.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
So the new season of Whale Wars started. I did not realize it was starting. I saw the 3rd and 4th eps on tv and the first 2 on On Demand.

It shows Fridays at 9 PM e/p on Animal Planet. http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/episode/ has deleted scenes.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, June 28, 2011 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I predict... 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show will not survive the season. Whoever produced the show should be fired. They took a fairly decent idea and just completely screwed up the execution. 45 minutes of crap for 5 minutes of adequate entertainment. I can't figure out how anyone at the network could have found the show entertaining. Such a wasted opportunity. Such a shame.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
VH1 has a new show called "Ton Of Cash" starting next month...Basically, 14 people are given a shot at $1million- all they have to do is carry the money from Los Angeles to Las Vegas...all 2,000 pounds of it.

http://blog.vh1.com/2011-07-13/vh1s-new-travel-game-show-ton-of-cash-to-premiere-in-august/

Marej

09-19-2002

Saturday, July 16, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
PR & BB on at the same time!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched Surprise Homecoming on TLC? Gets me every single time!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The new ABC show (might be called Take the Money and Run) that was advertised (in a veeerrryyy long segment) last night on the Bachelorette AFR show looks good to me.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, August 02, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Watching Take The Money and Run...Good show!