TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 11, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through August 11, 2011 users admin

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Has anybody other than me seen this show yet? The owner of the dance studio where this all takes place is Abby who supposedly has dancers from her studio that have gone on to be big time dancers. Anyway, it's on Wednesday nights on Lifetime. I'd like to see what y'all have to say about this er ummm dance "teacher".

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I saw it and was appalled actually. This woman has no respect for the parents at all.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
My daughter started dance lessons when she was three. She was good. We moved to another city when she was nine and we started exploring teachers by watching classes in my daughter's age group. One of them said, "I do not want to hear groans and complaints that it hurts. If you can't take the pain maybe you need to find a different occupation." We walked out at that point. We found another teacher who let the kids have fun while learning to dance.

The mothers are as bad as the teacher for not pulling their kids right out of those classes.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, July 22, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
The mothers in my opinion are worse then the teacher. They choose to be there and they are so rude and nasty to everyone. I am a dance mom and have never seen anything like it. Now my daughter is a dance teacher and none of her moms act that way.

I thought the dance moms were bad until I saw this saw. LOL Oh and karate moms are much better for the most part.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I watched 1/2 an episode. I now know where they got the character of Sue on Glee, from.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Dang, I think I need drama rehab...cuz I'm probably in the 1 percentile of the population loving this show! lol One of the critics called it Toddlers & Tiaras meets the Real Housewives. Pretty much sums it up.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I agree tex. I love the mom/daughter dramas
these are the meanest moms, I cant believe they talk so bad about the one mom/daughter in front of her and she says nothing!!!
makes me happy i have boys. baseball moms arent this mean

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Tx I love this too. I think my daughter and I are in the minority of thinking that Abby is not all that bad. lol It is Her studio and they pay to send their kids to her. Sometimes she is a bit harsh but the moms are really the mean ones.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I believe Abby is usually right for the most part in what she says, it's just the WAY she says it, but she is very successful and the kids are producing great results, so something's working there. I know from experience that when you take your kids for instruction (in my case my daughter was in gymnastics) the kids listen and follow coaching and rules so much better than if a parent is at arm's reach. Did you guys notice that it appears that Melissa (Maddie's mom) seems to be "acting"?

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I thought this show was awful. The teacher Abby needs to have a life outside of the dance class. Maybe she would be nicer to everyone. These are kids and she treats them worse than animals. In fact she reminds me of a mean animal trainer and to tell these kids not to listen to their mothers yikes. She is a bully and if I had a child in her class, oh wait, I would not have a child in her class.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I just got half way through my first viewing of this show and think it's all so staged. The mom's are terrible actresses, totally phony. Abby is gross, mean, and phony as well, IMO. Not even going to finish watching this crappy show, bleh!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I think I gave myself too much credit, must be like .01% of the population! Oh well, I'll watch it until it gets pulled. :D

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
ha ha, it's just different strokes for different folks!

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you Tx :-)

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
On the series premiere, my daughter's friend was here and we watched it together. For the past 2 weeks, her friend has arranged sleepovers on Wednesday nights so she can watch. We have a ball watching. We are shocked, outraged and sometimes mesmerized at what we're seeing.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
When it is all said and done these girls are amazing dancers. You have to give Abby some credit for that and I have noticed she can be very sweet with them.

Dfng

08-04-2005

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfng a private message Print Post    
I like this show.. but not sure why since I really don't like Abbey. I agree she may be right but it's how she presents it to the dancers. She brings the parents in with the kids and then disrespects the parents in front of the kids. There is no point to doing this.

My son is a swimmer on the national level. I have had to deal with coaches since he was 2. I would never think to question the coach in front of my child nor would a coach disrespect me in front of Andrew.

I think it is sad that she gets results and thus the moms feel that they have to take this crap in order to give their child the best chance for success.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, August 03, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
For the 3 or so who watch this show, reminder, comes on at 9 central on Lifetime tonight.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
Great show tonight. I hope the blonde mom, Chrissie, I think, doesn't come back. I thought she was awful.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Thursday, August 04, 2011 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Yep, I thought so, too. Wrong place to start that stuff but I see from the previews for next week's show, her daughter is there so I guess they made up.

This is my new favorite show on TV right now!

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I love this show! My daughter has danced all of her life and is now a dance teacher and choreographer so although this is an extreme, there are definitely elements of the show that ring very true.
We've only just stumbled onto the show. We are in Canada and don't get Lifetime, and the content is blocked from Canada on Hulu, Amazon and Itunes. We were able to find other sources to watch Episodes 1, 2 & 3, but episode 4 is no where to be found. There is one source on Youtube that had a poor quality version of episode 4, but the end of the episode was missing.. we didn't get to see the big confrontation! We've gotten some other people turned onto the show now too and we're all desperately seeking episodes 4 and now 5!

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Oh, Kelli, I thought tonight was episode 4. Hmmm, I'll look and see what I can find. What blowup are you talking about, the one with Chrissi (blonde mom) and Abby?

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
The last one I was able to get was #3, Cheerleader, the next one, #4 is called stealing the show. Yeah, from what I've read Abby and Chrissi got into an argument? The part of it that I saw on Youtube ended with Chrisi's daughter forgetting her dance on stage. The free online episodes on the lifetime website are blocked to Canadians, but I noticed that episode 4 hadn't been posted there either, and apparently there were some legal issues having to do with that episode. Again, info I've gotten from all my searching, but something to do with televising other choreographers work without permission.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Okay, it's Christy, and yes, she blew up and went off on Abby because Maddie got 2 solos.. she did it in the dressing room and used foul language in front of the kids and moms. Tonight's show Christy apologizes and Abby makes her sign a very strict "I'll be good contract". A Broadway talent scout shows up and is impressed with someone, won't say who though, in case you find it.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I thought the whole getting mad about the 2 solos was soooo petty and over the top. She needs to get over it. Maddie works very hard and seems to enjoy it just a little more then the other girls so I say it was fine.