TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 21, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 21, 2011 users admin

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Kate 'being herself' makes for great TV?? Oh, I beg to differ.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Isn't it nice, Holly, that you don't have to watch what you don't enjoy.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
True enough, but if one of your favorite shows (ones with different contestants) has someone on it that you don't like, it can be a bit conflicting.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
It would be much nicer, Ophiliasgrandma, if I never had to see her on my TV at all, thank you very much. Even channel surfing.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Serious question here: I wonder what people that don't think Kate and her kids belong on TV, think she should do to support 9 people and keep them above the poverty line? A nurse's salary is not going to do it especially having to pay daycare. At least the people of PA are not paying her way. I don't like her or dislike her and I am just wondering.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, your question has been address ad nausum on this thread. All you need to do is go back into the archives and you will find every opinion under the sun.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
OK

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Some people thought Jerry Springer was good TV. Just sayin. :-)

I don't really think these Bachelor shows work well with older people. Sorry. She's aged out of that reality TV segment IMO. thank goodness

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Actually, most of the archives for this show are now only available via download.

It's always okay to ask a question that's already been addressed, since of course, there are probably new people who haven't answered it before too!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it would be a struggle for Kate to support her family through a "regular" job. I'm not saying it couldn't be done but having so many kids at the same age presents unique issues that other families don't have to contend with (everyone doing the same thing at the same time, no hand me downs, no help from older siblings, etc.).

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 08, 2011 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Good point.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I can not believe my babies are 7!!!! where has the time gone? wow!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
What a nice party Kate had for the sextuplets 7th birthday! I'm so happy she had everyone sing HB six times. Those kids are still so cute!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
she's always done that with each child. i think it's lovely too.

Cyclope

09-13-2005

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cyclope a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching a while back because I was tired of trips after trips but I watched last night and it felt like an old school episode where you see Kate in the house with the kids doing activities like coloring and preparing for a family event. It was nice to get back to what I want to see, how to care for 8 on a day to day basis.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Color me confused. When I was watching the Easter epi I thought what I was seeing was a dog lying down behind Kate. I paused and took a good look, but couldn't make it out.

Now, I just watched the birthday epi and there is a dog. Did they take back one of their dogs? Do any of you know anything about this?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OG, last fall there was an epsiode where Kate surprised the kids by getting back one of their dogs. The one that came back was Shoka. Supposedly he had been through extensive training during the year he was gone and is easier for Kate to manage. They aren't getting the other dog back, but Kate said she will be sure Shoka gets to visit Nala.

BTW, I was the one who said in the first place they should only get one dog (way back at the time of the ep when they were picking out the puppies) since they really never had dogs before as adults. And the work it takes to train 2 BIG dogs, let alone one, is something I knew would end up going wrong somehow.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Naja. I must have missed that epi.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I really liked last night's epi of them helping at the Tenn. food bank. It looked like their celebrity brought in a lot of food and helped bring the need to people's attention.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Which TN foodbank? I volunteer weekly at the Nashville one, and I have heard nothing at all about this!

Our need is up about 35% this year, so all help is appreciated!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I remember the head of the Food Bank saying they were in northeast Tenn. I didn't recognize the name of the town.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they gave the name of the town. I was interested and listened but they just mentioned that region of Tennessee.. It was not Nashville.. as I had hoped :-)

It was a nice episode.

Debra

11-20-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Looks like it was held in Kingsport, TN. Here's a link to an article about their visit.

click here for link

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, hopefully the children got something out of it. I really think they did. But It's hard for me to imagine Kate doing it from the goodness of her heart when really it was for her reality show where she gets many thousands of dollars per ep. A few years ago she $75,000 per ep and I imagine it's more now. Doesn't seem so charitable to me when she got a huge paycheck for it being filmed.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
From above article:
Gosselin’s visit is part of an initiative she plans to spell out in an upcoming season of the show, where she will go to different parts of the country volunteering her time for charities.

With or w/o cameras? With or w/o being paid big bucks to do so?