TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of OC: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 06, 2011 users admin

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I am no fan of Vicki but Gretchen should be ashamed of herself if it turns out she is truly ill. Bleeding like that is a serious matter.

Gretchen was on WWHL the other night and said that Vicki's illness had gone on for 2 months. She said that of course she feels badly now, but at the time, it just seemed "convenient" that after 2 months dealing with this, that she just happened to go to the ER right on the day of the party.

It's always easy for us to see things the way they're presented on the show, but without Bravo giving us that insight until after the show airs, we are given a certain impression that may or may not be the whole truth.

I'm still on team Gretchen, and I'm pretty much liking the new Alexis. She's still really odd, but we're not being deluged with her husband this her husband that quite so much. And I feel badly for Vicki, but I think her drive for business success played a huge role in her inability to connect with Don.

I can't stand Tamra, never could either

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tish, Miami was "not renewed" while the season was actually airing - which is why they got totally screwed and had their reunion on WWHL.

Mama Elsa freaks me out too. And what is even freakier is she looks like Arnold's baby mama. Check out the picture of Baby Mama in the black dress sticking out her boobies - she's a dead ringer for Mama Elsa.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I'm not a fan of anyone's on OC but I find it very entertaining:-)

As for Gretchen I just don't care for her this season,and not because of the Vicki thing the other night,but I did think she was rude about it...people can have things going on health wise for a while before something triggers them to seek help.I have found Gretchen to be beyond irritating this season. Then she didn't sing the other night on WWHL because she couldn't get the rights to a song and Andy kind of called her out on it,can't remember what wad said but it was something to do with rights to the song she wanted to sing????

Jerseygirl

05-09-2011

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jerseygirl a private message Print Post    
Gretchen was just in Charlotte for the All Star Nascar race. I don't know why or who she was with other than Slade. She came up to one of the suites that a friend was in but she didn't know who she was but other people did.
She did say that she was very pretty but wore alot of make up. Also she & Slade were very friendly & answered everyone's questions. All of this was lost on my friend. The only name she remembered was Tamra. Some one is going to write up a synopsis of what was said about the show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I didn't get that either Mictay. It sounded like she wanted to sing a song that she didn't have rights to. I couldn't figure out if she is also trying to record the song she doesn't have rights to. After listening to Simon last week (which made my ears bleed) and Luann's music, I am starting to appreciate Tardy for the Party and that wonderful thing we call auto-tune.

Future housewives take note puhhhleeeze... just because you are on a Housewives show doesn't mean you really need to "release a single."

Marameko

07-15-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Gretchen was wrong to question Vicki's health issues especially at an event that wassn't that important.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did Peggy and Micah and/or Alexis and Jim's houses go into foreclosure?

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Both from what Ive read, Lexie.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks, that's what I thought TX. I still can't figure out for the life of me what Jim does for a living. It sounds like he has had some "legal" trouble in the past with deals he has been involved in.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Tuesday, May 24, 2011 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Jim has flipped houses in the past. I was unlucky enough to do some work for him. That was right before the season where he and Alexis were new so that is one of the things he was doing early last year.

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
Wow. Just watched the final show. Tamara is a train wreck. She needs to stay in Orange County where you can pull off that behavior and she deserves every bit of misery in her life. She sowed it, reaping is in order!

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
Vickie is not nice. She is reaping too.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Tamara sure can dish it out, but wow she sure can't take it. And that fight, what a liar she is. She started it, she threw the first drink and she is the one who pushed Jeanna and she was not threatened.

I also agree that Vickie is not nice. For years she treated Don so bad. I can't wait to watch the reunion show, it looks like Don has his say.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
From the previews ( I haven't seen the show yet) Tamara looks particularly unattractive when she is barking at Jeanna. Especially with that sneer on her face. Not a good look.

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
yep, Tamara can't take any of what she dishes. Gretchen was right, Tamara did to Gretchen what Jeanna might be doing to Tamara. And I'm glad that Gretchen wasn't just so quick to just suck it up cause Tamara suddenly wanted to. I'm glad Donn is going to get his say cause his soon to be ex-wife is quite the nasty piece of work

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Tamra just gets uglier with each season.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I give Jeanna credit for just leaving and going home. Tamara is a classless street fighter and wow did she look ugly. Also why did Peggy think it was her business to butt into it and go to Jeanna to start with.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Yes, Tamra is a nasty piece of work but wasn't it Gretchen who posed with sex toys and numerous mens on the Internet? Wasn't she cheating on her late fiance? Not sure about it but she's also definitely no innocent in all this.

But I agree Tamra has become uglier (personality-wise) this season and I don't know what Eddie is doing with her. She was totally lying about the situation with Jeana (who is also a nasty piece of work). Is there anyone on the show who isn't? The former 'housewife' (who was wearing that nasty wig) wasn't much better and she was only on the show for a few moments. Alexis is delusional. Peggy seems to be the only vaguely 'normal' one on there.

Vicky brought the breakdown of her marriage on herself. If you don't tend to a relationship how do you expect to reap any rewards from it at all? Never there? Well, it's obvious you'll drift apart. Duh! Glad Donn will get to have some say in the outcome on next week's reunion.

Funfit4life

03-16-2006

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Funfit4life a private message Print Post    
I think Tamara started all of the judgement and tabloid reporting. When she thought she had the perfect marriage, she was making all sorts of comments about what is and isnt' appropriate. She is always in everyone's business. Whether or not Slade pays his child support, that's not her business. If Gretchen had an affair on Jeff, its not her business. She should have shut her mouth. Or better yet, come into the real world where someone can shut it for her. Maybe they can put a fence around Orange County and keep them all locked in. I live in Los Angeles County and we don't want the infestation.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Who was the lady in the wig...did I understand right...was she on this show in the beginning? I did not watch this show the first year.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bbwatcher - the lady in the wig was Quinn. She was not in the first season. She came on maybe around the third season or somewhere around there. She was only on for one season.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
From Gawker:

Vicki had planned the party before her divorce and she wasn't about the cancel it now, even though she totally could have and everyone would have understood, but secretly Vicki wanted everyone at her house, she wanted to be all teary and brave with a sad non-secret, she wanted people fussing and fretting over her. So of course of course the party was going to go on. This was Vicki's true moment to shine, to be dramatic and felt bad for and really just the teary star of the personal/public drama she's long wanted to be the center of. I feel like if some reality TV producer approached her and said "Would you want to do a whole reality series that's simply you staring pensively off into the distance while mournful, meaningless voice-over that you record plays over it?" she would pass out from excitement and commit to ten seasons. That's really, really what Vicki wants. So the party was perfect for her.

She was upstairs being all sad (and, look, I don't doubt that she's genuinely sad about Donn, I'm sure it really is a hard thing, but the element of theatricality in all of her misery was too glaring to ignore) and couldn't stop crying and meanwhile her guests were all downstairs milling about, wondering where she was. So Tamra went upstairs to check on her and Vicki blubbed a lot and said "I miss Donn, I do miss him" and Tamra said "I miss Simon too, but not enough to take him back. I mean, you only get one shot at life, just one, and I'm not going to waste it with someone I don't love." Well done, Tamra! It was dramatic and oddly thoughtful and even a little existential, and it was a nice curious quiet moment in this otherwise loud and stupid episode. [...]

Finally Vicki was carried downstairs on her bed made of tears and everyone cooed over her, including Tamra's actor boyfriend, who tried to act all sensitive and There For Her. Eddie, can it. No one's buying it. Go back to sadly auditioning again and again for the Thunder From Down Under and leave all these people alone. (Earlier, disgustingly, Peggy had been terribly flirting with Eddie, because she is gross and also stupid, too stupid to realize that Eddie is only there for Eddie.) Other people comforted Vicki and she liked this, really loved everyone turning and quietly staring as she entered, really liked hearing the hush of the crowd and the softening of voices. Ohhh she wished it was like this every time she walked into a room! Oh she felt so special and cared for! She wanted to stick her thumb in her mouth and say "Goo goo gaga" and suddenly it would be the early '60s again and she'd be a baby and she could do it all over again, she could do it without all the big, dark, mysterious hurt, that looming unnamed pain that ruined her long ago that she will not talk to us about. But, sadly, that's impossible, physics and time and biology being what they are, we do only get one shot, so this pity party would have to do. [etc]

I totally heart Gawker.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
BTW, not to sound mean, but it's going to sound mean, did Jeanna tape this show before or after she was on some weight loss show? Because, I mean, she looked like a linebacker. Part of it was the cut of her dress, which emphasized her broad shoulders, but holy moly.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Thanks Lexie...I did not recognize Quinn!

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I like Vicki, is she perfect? Not even close. But I still like her. I wish she'd stayed with Donn, what a sweetheart he is. But mostly I like Vicki because I understand her when she's not overly interested in smoozing with plastic surgery trophy girls and that's what Alexis and Gretchen are. Nice but fluff. I like substance and that's why I'm on the Vicki train!! Choo Choo!!

Oh PS her kids are awesome and she's a loving mother much like Jeana, now there's a friendship I'd love to see mended.