TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 29, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through May 29, 2011 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
For anyone interested, there is an ongoing discussion of the Royal Wedding here:

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/1071053/8326018.html&lm=1303785153#POST4822504

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lurkin, if you get BBCA (BBC America) they are covering it; also Fox News is covering it. I will be DVR'ing/watching those channels, as that should be complete coverage.

Remember it's starting @ 3:00 AM EST on Friday for us in the U.S. because of the time difference.

I checked PBS at the time of the wedding and they have nothing.

ETA: Just saw your info on the Wedding thread, Jimmer....thanks. Just curious, why is it a private thread?

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
Thank you all for the very informative answers. I really didn't think I would get replies. I do not have BBC, that would have been 1st choice. and didnt think about they all would have the same feeds.

cheerio

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Lurkin: PBS is supposed to carry the BBC's coverage & commentary.

Cricket: The 'Royal Happenings' thread is in News & Views, that's why it's private.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Ahh, thanks, Calamity. I think most will get the same feeds. Inside Edition was saying there would be cameras in the flower arrangements in the church and the feed would go to all the stations.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Hey, one of the entertainment shows reported that they are setting up those cameras in the church - (the feeds will all carry this one feed) well they think one camera will actually be on Beekham!! I dont know why I thought that was funny, but I did!

I'm still planning on flipping channels - I doubt that I'll be awake at 4am my time (or is it 3am central?) but we'll get the commentary and reruns ad nausem - The View is usually taped ahead of time on Fridays - but this Friday they'll be live to comment with Barbara in London - the rest of the crew will be in New York -

TLC is showing lots of pre show entertainment, so that may be a good choice too - on the Rose Bowl, their Parade coverage is best - no commercials, just the facts...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
History channel -- I know we were talking about Rob's upcoming show on that channel in the Survivor threads. Is anyone watching the "how the states got their shapes" on the history channel? It's pretty interesting!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Lurkin: Someone had posted in the Royal Happenings thread that PBS would have the direct BBC feed but looking at the schedule for my local PBS station as well as the national one, I don't see it so I'm not sure if it will be on PBS television or not. But it is supposed to stream live on PBS' website. Passing this info on because I didn't want you to expect to be able to watch it on your PBS affiliate only to be disappointed. I suppose there's a chance it will still air on tv though. Guess tomorrow will tell.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I've seen that show before and found it very interesting.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I DVR'd the documentary on your suggestion. WhosMom and I are gonna watch it now. I read up on it, and I guess there was a 2 hour documentary in 2010, and then there will be a 10 part series that starts tonight.

We're rather boring in our plain old square. I hope we get covered on the show. LOL. It reminds me of a mail order catalog I had a long time ago, and they were selling address labels. The big feature of the label was that it was a silhouette on the left of the label that had the shape of your state. That's all well and good with interesting shaped states like Texas or Florida. But I didn't think an address label with a square on the left of my address would be all that spectacular. So I never ordered them. LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh my goodness, remember one of our fav ridiculous shows called "Wife Swap"? Well I was just reading my entertainment news, and it appears that ABC has ordered a season of
"Celebrity Wife Swap"!

No word when it will air yet, but I am not missing this one...LOL

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, May 03, 2011 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
LOL, can't wait for that!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 04, 2011 - 6:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Naja, what is really strange is for the last couple of seasons Wife Swap has appeared on ABC's renewed shows, but not a single episode has aired. Just bizarre.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Celebrity Wife Swap - wonder who will be considered a "celebrity" for this show!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Now that I am I bit calmed down about this topic, I figured it's ok to complain about it now...LOL

My fury has finally calmed from Sunday night when Apprentice decided to take up 3 hours on my DVR and the finale to TAR being 2 hours long. That's 5 hours for only two shows. I wasn't too aggravated about TAR since it was the finale, but 3 hours of Apprentice? Are they trying to kill me? Anyway, my beef is how one show tries to monopolize your whole evening. I truly am getting so annoyed by all this that I am getting ready to ban any 2 or more hour shows from my DVR. All they really are doing is stretching out a one hour show to keep you from watching another channel.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
UGH Naja!! I hate the ones who run to :01 after the hour in an attempt to mess up YOUR plans and force you to stay with THEIR channel/program schedule. There have been a number of shows I have stopped watching because of this, TICKS ME OFF!! LOL

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
The ultimate frustration is missing the finale of Amazin Race because your DVR box dies. I missed the show, and forgot to reprogram all my favorites when the cable company swapped out my box

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh Maris, that would be a nightmare. I just looked and I have 54 series passes, and there's no way I could remember them to reprogram them.

In my defense, I think at least 30 of those series passes are for shows that are on still on break right now.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I tried to think of the 3 hours of CA covered "two" episodes - which would have been 4 hours - so they saved us some time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh Maris, I would be so pissed off at myself. Can you watch it online at CBS or Hulu?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Top Chef Canada doesn't have a thread, so I'll just put this here:

Producers of the competitive culinary TV show Top Chef Canada galloped headlong into an internet outcry after news spread about an upcoming episode's focus on horse meat as an ingredient. In the challenge, scheduled to air on May 16th on Food Network Canada, contestants were required to cook traditional French dishes, including both foie gras (also a controversially-obtained food) and horse.

Protesters took to the show's Facebook page after promos for the episode aired, flooding the comments with mentions of Top Chef boycotts, links to anti-horse meat websites and advice on how to contact the show's advertisers. A specifically targeted Facebook group called "Boycott Top Chef – Protect the Horses" was swiftly established as a central location to share resources including educational material and contact information for the show's advertisers and the network's executives.

Food Network Canada has issued a statement saying, "Please be assured it is not our intention to offend our viewers. The challenge in this episode involves having the competitors create a truly authentic, traditional French menu. One of the most traditional French foods is horsemeat. Horsemeat is also considered a delicacy in many cultures around the world. While we understand that this content may not appeal to all viewers, Food Network Canada aims to engage a wide audience, embracing different food cultures in our programming." [etc.] CNN

as the link points out correctly, horse is not uncommon in some regional and national cuisines. but apparently people think it's one thing to slaughter cows, pics, chicken, and turkeys, but quite another to slaughter horsies. or something. objecting to the fois gras, which i actually have loved eating in the past, i understand a bit more because it typically involves some unsavory practices involving live animals, but the way we end up with horse meat is no different than the way we end up with other meat, and it's almost certainly not as unpleasant as they way we end up with chicken/turkey/veal. jmho

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody been watching the new eps of "It's Me or the Dog"? My goodness, Victoria really is slamming Cesar Millan these days (without saying his name). Every time she sees anybody doing anything Cesar teaches on his show, she gets all disgusted and says how wrong it is. I take Cesar's tips and I have two of the friendliest well behaved dogs ever, so I wonder why she gets so disgusted.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I like and respect both Victoria and Cesar. That bothers me that she is slamming him. Especially because he always praises other trainers. Actually, he also points out that he isn't a dog trainer when he has a dog trainer on his show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Has anyone heard about Expedition Impossible?

"A new reality television show entitled Expedition Impossible is set to make its debut on ABC this June, pitting 13 teams of three against one another in what looks to be an adrenaline fueled competition through remote regions of Morocco. The show, which seems to combine elements of The Amazing Race and the sport of adventure racing, comes to us courtesy of Mark Burnett, the mastermind behind Survivor."

It premieres on Thursday, June 23rd. I'll be watching!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, May 29, 2011 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I've seen previews. Looks good. I'll be watching too.