TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 23, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through May 23, 2011 users admin

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I saw Jill Zarrin on Oprah yesterday with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts. It showed her in the audience when they were giving their favorite things.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Loved WWHL last night! A caller actually asked Bethenny if she would throw back at Kelly the famous "I'm up here and you're down here speech!" One of the 2 questions I would have asked! Of course B said she doesn't even think of Kelly. My other question would have been, will there be any more Bethenny shows? I hope so.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
ITA with Misty I've slowly lost my interest in all the housewives and Survivor and other reality shows except The Voice I'm really enjoying that show.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I don't know who's the craziest on this show Ramona, Jill or Sonja. First Ramona goes crazy on Jill because Jill's talking behind her back, then Jill pulls the poor me card again and is wailing in the car. Sonja bends over and shows her butt because she forgot part of her costume.
I find it funny that Ramona is figuring out just now that Jill's been talking behind her back. I've been watching this show since the beginning and Jill has always disliked Ramona and has talked smack about her any chance she gets.
Maybe Ramona has been too drunk to realize it's been going on for quite awhile.
I'm disliking Luann more and more as the shows go on. She has her head stuck up so far Jill's butt, that she doesn't even bother to try and see a different side of any of the others, she just takes Jill's side without hearing the other's version.
I don't think I'm going to like Cindy either. At first Cindy seemed to be in control of her own life and now she's letting Jill pick the color the size of her teeth! Yet another one who has their head up Jill's butt, how sad.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Chitchat, I think you summed up Luann perfectly.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
And Jill cries, "I'm done with her" hmmmm does that sound familiar to anyone like didn't she say that about Bethany? Jill truly amazes me when she is caught in a lie, she immediatly denies it and then when she confronted the "bride" she argued that she didn't say that and insisted if she had a problem with her to come to her...but when she (Jill) has a problem with someone she just talks behind their backs. Wow she hasn't changed a bit except in her own mind.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree, Countrydaze. She lied and lied and then made it seem like Ramona attacked poor little her for no reason.

I'm just putting this out here now. I think Cindy is a huge sh*t disturber. Can't like her.

Csnog

07-18-2002

Friday, May 13, 2011 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
The only thing I heard the "new" bride actually say about Jill was, how did she know Alex and Simon.

The rest was attributed to some "friend" of Jills.

Am I wrong?

The other oddity was that the "bride" seemed rehearsed.

Not defending Jill but the whole thing seemed strange.

Bevdan

05-09-2011

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bevdan a private message Print Post    
Thanks Csnog I agree the Jill hating is getting really stupid Ramona has said just a bad of things as Jill and on the Bethany front put yourself in Jill's shoes I have if a friend of mine did not call me when my husband had cancer even if she was busy I would be hurt beyond belief and just maybe being upset about my husband and at the same time my suppose to be best friend is to busy to call maybe I would not handle the best way either - just saying. Ramona was out of control as she often is and The Blonde embellished that story quite a bit that is why Jill kept saying lets go get her and of course Romona just wanted to keep going to cause a scene

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Jill has her tell tale signs of lying and I'm just now picking up on it. The first thing I see is the look on her face, you can see her thinking of what to say, and when she does say something it comes out as a whole different version of whatever was the truth. Then when she is confronted with the truth and she can't justify what she said as the truth, she walks away. After that performance she cries to whoever is on her side and says she'll never forgive them...

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I think everyone involved knows Jill is a liar except for Lulu. Well maybe Lulu does know Jill os a liar but she backs her up because Lulu knows the pecking order ;).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
As to things being rehearsed - not saying there is not a script - but if something happens organically, sometimes those with the camera will make they do it again because they did not get "the shot".

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I read today a rumor that they're going to get all new women on RHONY next year. The rumor is they want women who have lots of money like Adrienne Maloof and Camille Grammer.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Thursday, May 19, 2011 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Andy Cohen said that is completely false.

On another note, now we know who the thug in a cocktail dress is. So not surprised...

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I just reached a point of not being able to watch this last night - it is the ability of these women not to listen to themselves that drives me crazy. Yes, I have had arguments with friends, but damn, there was reflection on what was said and follow up phone calls to straighten it out. Sometimes it was me, sometimes it was them.

Gail on the show with Andy hit the nail on the head, she said the show being run by women acting for the camera (or over acting) instead of real emotions.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Ugh I swear this season is so lame. It's an hour long infomercial of their products and playing to the camera.

I would be happy with a new cast

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I used to look forward to watching the show, drama and all, but now I can barely get through it. I'd like to know who died and appointed Luann hall monitor?

Ramona posted a picture on her Facebook of an email from Jill's assistant asking her to bring wine TO SERVE, not to auction. Jill, in her blog, said that isn't what she told her assistant to do. So once again, Jill badmouths Ramona, and when confronted with the proof that Ramona did as she was asked, doesn't apologize, but blames someone else.

Alex had it right last season -- these women are in high school. Or I should say girls, since that's how they refer to themselves. It just grates on my to have 40-something year-old women refer to themselves as girls.

I don't know if it's a measure of how cynical I am or of how many times Kelly has twisted the truth, but as soon as the word "literally" came out of her mouth, I thought, "OK, the next thing she says is going to be a metaphor," and then she said someone slapped her. I honestly don't know if I believe her, and that's rather sad. But now, a reference to a single slap has become evidence of a pattern of abuse in her 20's and rationale for her entire adult behavior pattern. Maybe that's why I have a problem believing it. It's never what it really is with Kelly.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 8:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Ugh I swear this season is so lame. It's an hour long infomercial of their products and playing to the camera.

Agree. All are trying to copy Bethenny's success.
I can't help feeling , from watching these shows that Ramona would be a difficult person to be around too long. She would be a "fun" person to laugh "at" but would prove embarrassing. She will be the ugly American in morocco. She is the queen of apologizing after the fact. She does say what is on her mind first ,and believes that is okay, no matter what. No filters on that girl.
And, she does it with a wink at the camera. She knows when she is pushing Jill's buttons and she doesn't mind doing that.
Ramona could have "let go" the serving of her wine at Jill's event. After all, it was Jill's event. But the need to promote herself on TV is all consuming and the need to roll over Jill is second consuming.

On another note, Kelly is being the most consistent this year. She is really trying to stay out of drama. Her blogs refuse to address anything negatively. I too can see why she would not want her children around Ramona. Ramona's brand of "honesty" is not healthy for young children,

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, May 20, 2011 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Agree. All are trying to copy Bethenny's success.

Oh, now, Missyb, you know that's all Bravo's doing, according to Kelly.

I just posted an article in the Bethenny and Jason thread about why Bethenny was chosen to be on the cover of the Forbes issue about celebrity moneymakers (she comes in at number 42). IN it, the author says, "It’s no wonder the other “Housewives” seem to be in catch-up mode these days, launching (with little success) their own skin-care, fashion and accessories lines." None of them, Ramona included, has been as successful in launching their own product lines. So there must be something Bethenny is doing right, despite what Kelly wants to think.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
But now, a reference to a single slap has become evidence of a pattern of abuse in her 20's and rationale for her entire adult behavior pattern.

Prisoner, thanks for posting this. I kept thinking I missed something in the convo, but just didn't care enough to rewatch it. The way her and Luann were going on, I was so confused. She really does have a different mentality going.

I'm getting tired of all of them picking on Ramona this year. It's too one-sided. Jill should never have gotten involved, since she wasn't even in the country when some of the disagreements happened. She's going by second-hand storytelling. Yet, every time the brunettes are together, Jill starts bashing Ramona and then they all join in. Not entertaining whatsoever. It might be time for this show to be done.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, May 22, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Luann is probably the biggest offender on that show wrt causing trouble and then not owning it. Jill stirs the pot but she gets called out. Luann won't let anyone get a word in edgewise. I wish I had kept that DVR recording I had of that English woman calling her out!

Watching2

07-07-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering something and I hope I've figured out how to ask it tactfully. Does Romona have any kind of condition, such as Grave's disease, which makes her eyes stick out or do they just stick out? It sort of freaked me out when she was practicing walking on the catwalk and in trying to get the right expression, it looked like she pushed her eyes out like that on purpose. At any rate, she was pretty bad at modeling. I think she's a big trouble-maker. I've only watched this season more regularly, not at all in the preceding years, and just a bit of the first season (I think.)

Personally, I don't know why I'm watching any of these HW shows since none of them are very likeable. I'm finding them sort of like a train wreck - you can't help but look. :-)

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 3:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I remember one time somebody told me his reason for liking hockey and racecar driving was because there's always a fight and a wreck. I think that about sums these shows up.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, May 23, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Watching2, She talked about a condition she has at a reunion or something because the women were making fun of her eyes. I can't remember the name of it though, sorry.