TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 07, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through May 07, 2011 users admin

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Simon has released a single. It's no better or worse than any of the other "real" singers.

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-4/videos/simons-new-single-i-am-real

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Sonja's demand should have never been granted by whomever it was who gave her permission. Obviously they felt for whatever reason, it was more valuable to ahve her speak? I don't get it at all, personally. I realize you don't want to have a ton of speeches so you can get on with the event, but it certainly seemed as if only have two shouldn't have been that big of a deal. If Sonja wouldn't participate if he spoke too, well then I would have told her, thanks anyway!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought it had to do with her buying a big ad. That she would not do it if the others spoke, But still, the ad buying should have happened way inthe past.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....that totally makes sense Sadiesmom. I missed that part!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yeah, money may not buy you class, but it gets people to listen to what you are saying.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Oh, snap!

Cat Ommanney smacks down the Countess! And about damn time someone did it...

http://www.bravotv.com/watch-what-happens-live/season-4/videos/after-show-with-luann-and-cat-part-ii

Cat actually nails what I find off about this season. There is a LOT more saying one thing to people's face and another behind their back.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I saw that Prisoner me and Andy C were SHOCKED, lol I don't think Cat "got" the game.

I still love Cat. She got to have a fling with MY ginger Prince! Luck girl!

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I adore Cat! I can't stand Luann's fake "darlings," and I love that Cat called her out on it.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, April 29, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I also loved it. Most of it seemed to go right over Luann's head. The part where she was explaining to Cat why she knew so much about etiquette was hysterical. Cat just sat there with a blank stare...perfect!

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 30, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Back to the Sonja speaking thing. Is anyone else even the tiniest bit annoyed that she filed for bankruptcy and can default on her debts, but she can go ahead and "buy" herself the spotlight with charities? I find that kind of thing maddening. I guess the rich live by a different set of rules!

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I think if Ramona would have approached the guy and said "I want to apologize" things would have gone better. She does need to apologize. Maybe adding that while she was wrong to make remarks, explain the emotions it brought up.

Also... if you just HAVE to have a certain wine, bring it with you, that was very annoying to watch. My husband is on a special diet, while people may try to have what he can eat, we still plan on having something with us, just in case.

Luann said multiple times she is in the city two days a week, that doesn't make her a weekend mom. If Quogue is "low rent" (nice look on her face) what exactly does she think of where her viewers live?

Cindy should have called and said I need to cancel our plans I need to go to the dentist. I think Cindy understands Kelly more than the others, it is clear to her that it wouldn't be good to surprise Kelly and her kids with Ramona. I think it would have been better to say Sonja, I am going to tell Kelly not to bring her kids. I mean she did try to tell Sonja that it wasn't a good idea, and she was right.

Sonja.. sigh. I agree with Luann, just say you can't make it to a party rather than complaining about the distance. I wonder if she went to her favorite eatery on her own.

Alex, well she didn't bug me this episode, though she seems to be sucking up to Ramona about her stupid wine "I always know to bring a bottle". (gag).

Alisons, if she has filed for bankruptcy then she has the money that was going towards the debts to spend on things.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Ramona should have started the conversation with an apology but the problem is, she EXPECTS an apology from him! Talk about delusional...

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, May 01, 2011 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Ramona just has no filter. Most people don't display every single emotion they have, but she does. Love her, but I bet she is pretty exhausting to be around.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Maybe I'm just burnt out on the Housewives - I tried to watch last night - there sure are a LOT of New York Housewives! Its just too much, and I dont care... the drama seems to be too manufactured, the reality too sad...

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Reader. I watched the show, but felt vaguely uncomfortable through all of it. Now that Bethenny is gone, Ramona seems to be everyone's scapegoat. Luann is just acting like a judgmental beyotch, Jill doesn't have an authentic bone in her body, and Kelly Ripa on WWHL nailed Sonja -- she's figured out how to get more air time and is doing everything she can to get it. Kelly is playing low-key compared to the fiasco of last year, but she still blames everything that happened on everyone else. And I just don't get Cindy. I still like Alex and Ramona -- they are who they are and accept it.

Marameko

07-15-2002

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Reader said it correctly: MANUFACTURED DRAMA.
If a "reality" show needs to be manufactured then it is not real...........

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I used to watch this show but once Bethany left I am done with it. In the previews it just looks like too much drama. they all seem to be trying to outdo each other with one thing or another. Can't stand the housewives shows anymore.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Sonja is what my teenagers would call a "creeper" with the ogling of men and the sex talk. She really has changed this season. Everyone thought she was so refreshing last season and I'm wondering if this is the real her or if she really changed.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched a single episode this season. I guess Bethenny was the draw for me. Maybe on one of their marathon days (if I don't have other things to do), I'll catch up. But by the sounds of all the posts this season, I'm not missing much.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I have noticed that I am cutting back on a number of shows, not just Housewives, just because it seems so wasteful of time, ya know?

I will say my issue with Housewives has nothing to do with Bethany being gone, just NOT a fan of hers (it seems I am in the minority). I think everyone is working so hard for the cameras rather than just "being themselves" that I may as well watch a drama that has a good script. LOL.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
ITA Misty: My cutting back began about 2 years ago. Now I really don't watch TV anymore. I do watch select shows/episodes on the internet, Harry's Law, Grey's Anatomy, Big Bang Theory and Modern Family. I watch these at lunch on my PC. At night we either watch rented movies or just hang out together.

As for the housewives show, I just pop in here to see what is happening, but I don't watch anymore.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Funny how we are are sort of on the same page. I'll watch (DVR'd) but am finding I don't enjoy them as much.

Manufactured drama - YES!!! Reader you got that right!

Vicky on RHOC used to be a favorite of mine. But this season she seems just ridiculous. All her "staff" members are good looking young guys...why is that? No seasoned insurance people - very odd. Her relationship with her family is off kilter.

The RHNYC episodes are getting boring to me. All "made up" events...promoting something or another.

But, I still watch sometimes - but need to break the addiction.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
AND - I've been an insurance agent for 20 years, and NEVER have seen an insurance agent work til 1am on a regular basis.

Just thought I'd throw that in.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Friday, May 06, 2011 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Opps! Since I seemed to have gone on about Vicki, I guess I should have posted in the RHOC thread...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 5:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm almost embarrassed for Sonja. Who knew there was a pecking order?