TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 25, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 25, 2011 users admin

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I guess it must just be me, but I truly do not get "The Housewives" shows at all. They are just a bunch of rich bitc__s that fight with each other and spend money. I wish someone would explain to me what I am missing. Obviously, they must be watched because new ones keep popping up all the time and they are forever in reruns. what is the big draw???????

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Sammi, the Housewives shows, for me, was first to see the lavish lifestyles and then became a confirmation that money doesn't buy happiness. I'm more content with my life in a home that's 1/10 the size of theirs, no designer clothes, etc., than any of the housewives shown.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch "Mobbed" on FOX tonight? It was a real hoot....a flashmob all set up to surprise a guy's girlfriend with over a thousand people dancing and leading her to her boyfriend who proposed to her and they got married on the spot.

I've seen flash mob videos before and they are great....but this one was the mother of ALL flash mobs!

At the end of this one hour special they asked for people who had a secret to share in a BIG way to write in and apply to be on the show...so it looks like it will become a series at some point in the near future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGljgwLtGx4

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Howie Mandel was on Regis and Kelly talking about it - the show was so funny - I roflol when he was outside with the "team" discussing his vision... and he said his pants were happy (a boing boing noise was heard - I wondered why they were using that sound effect... then I thought, what does Howie have a noise maker in his pocket - - LOL it was his ringtone - his wife was calling!

Now, speaking as a woman, and a wife watching with her husband - as well as a future mog (mother of the groom) That was all well and good, over the top special - but Dude, you're still going to have to do a wedding, she's going to think, but wait, no flowers? My Dad didnt walk me down the aisle? and lets not even discuss THAT dress... :::shiver:::: LOL I imagine they will probably plan a great reception - party to celebrate! But then there will come a time when "vow renewal ceremony" comes up!!

but I loved the show - loved when she's standing there crying, what is going on, as a team of girls put on a dress over her head - bless that girl that said "keep your eyes on your man" She is going to have to watch the tape of this - no way did she even hear the songs they were singing!!

It was awesome!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but Dude, you're still going to have to do a wedding, she's going to think, but wait, no flowers? My Dad didnt walk me down the aisle? and lets not even discuss THAT dress... :::shiver:::: LOL"

I was thinking the same thing, but then it occurred to me that even a traditional wedding with flowers, proper dress, etc...could never top the spectacular wedding extravaganza that she had.

Hmmmmmm....I wonder if they got to have an actual wedding reception with cake, their friends, and family members after the wedding....

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Big Black is back! He was on Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory the other day. I really love those two together! I loved Rob and Big and I love FF! Really missed BB and am so glad he is back! Rob is SO crazy!

(mtv.com, if you have no clue what I am talking about.)

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
My husband loved Rob and Big's show! I remember when he had knee surgery he was on the couch watching a marathon all day....and whenever he catches reruns.

Marameko

07-15-2002

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I find Big and Rob a riot. It has been so long since I have seen it that I don't recall where to even find it or the correct title of the show.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Rob Dyrdek's Fantasy Factory on MTV.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I also come across old eps of Rob & Big there too.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching Mob Wives? These women are crazy. There are 4 women who's hubands are either in prison or the one who is Sammy the Bull's daughter. I like the show because mobster movies or anything the do with the mob fasinates me. It's on VH1 on Sunday's.

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
Chitchat I was just going to post the same thing! OMG.. its kinda cool. and How mad is the one over the other Woman who's Dad Sammy The Bull was a snitch LOL

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
She's a scary one Seattle. I love this show. It's got drama, fights, and everything a reality show should have. I think Sammy the Bull's daughter is crazy for going back home, I'd be afraid someone would have me whacked.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
NEXT Iron Chef - contest - FINALLY - Food Network Execs must've gotten lots of hate mail (or at least I do hope they did!) Anyway - they've announced the contestants for the October Show!

October 30 - Alton Brown will host again - 8 episodes...

Anne Burrell – Secrets of a Restaurant Chef, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
Michael Chiarello – Bottega Restaurant (Napa Valley), Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello (Cooking Channel)
Elizabeth Faulkner – Citizen Cake, Orson (San Francisco), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
Alex Guarnaschelli – Butter, The Darby (New York), Alex’s Day Off, Chopped (Food Network)
Chuck Hughes – Garde Manger (Montreal), Chuck’s Day Off (Cooking Channel), Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
Robert Irvine – Robert Irvine’s eat! (Hilton Head Island), Dinner: Impossible, Restaurant: Impossible, Worst Cooks in America (Food Network)
Beau MacMillan – Sanctuary on Camelback Mountain (Phoenix), Challenge, Iron Chef America – challenger (Food Network)
Spike Mendelsohn – Good Stuff Eatery (Washington D.C.), Kelsey & Spike Cook (Food2.com)
Marcus Samuelsson –Red Rooster Harlem (New York), 24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)
Geoffrey Zakarian – The National, The Lambs Club (New York), 24 Hour Restaurant Battle, Chopped (Food Network)

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/allstar-cast-of-tv-chefs-slated-to-compete-for-next-iron-chef-title-2270502.html

I'll go out on a limb and hope a women wins - but NOT please, for me - not Alex.... (Cat Cora gone)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Reader, thanks for posting that! Wow, I'm excited to finally know a few names!

What does (Cat Cora gone) mean?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
well some posts have suggested she wasnt listed as one of the Iron Chefs in the new show - and I've read a few of her new restaurant ventures, but a later post said she did a new Iron Chef for this season - so I meant to add a "?"

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I'm not a consistent watcher of Iron Chef, but I always like the ones with Cat Cora and I hope she remains an Iron Chef.
Spike Mendolsohn-wasn't he on Top Chef? I saw him challenge an Iron Chef, but missed the end and don't know how well he did.
Chitchat, I caught some of Mob Wives the other night. Karen (?) was going back to Long Island after being in AZ for a while-not sure how long she'd been gone, but she was worried about going back due to the fact her dad was Sammy the Bull and ratted on, I think, Gotti. The other woman was all about "family", and her dad had told her not to be around Karen because of what Karen's father had done. The other two women (I almost called them ladies...lol) were a bit more reasonable and said that they weren't going to judge Karen by what her father had done. I liked that about them. When the 3 of them were sitting at a cafe table I was cracking up! Like my friends and I would discuss how our husbands are doing in business, they're discussing whose husband is doing how much time...lmbo!

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
Yup Chitchat, I have put it on my to watch list, and I agree Bluejax I liked the way the other woman didnt judge her on what her Dad did!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
And it's Staten Island she (Karen) returned to, not LI. The one who won't accept Karen is Renee. I'm watching a repeat now, flipping between that, the Sabres/Flyers game, and Criminal Minds. So much good TV, so little time. I'm one of the few homes in the country without a DVR.

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
LOL Blue Love the DVR since my son suggested it! But with the ability to watch most shows online most often we can catch any missed shows on here :-)

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Saturday, April 23, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Seattlemom, fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on the show) so many shows are repeated numerous times. And like you, I can catch a lot of them online. So no DVR here. We're also one of the few homes that don't have digital TV and/or phone, either. Real dinosaurs...lol

Marej

09-19-2002

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
I watched The Judds on OWN right before bedtime and seeing Naomi and her concrete face gave me nightmares. Man! She is a true drama queen, controlling and lots of other words.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I desperately need tv help !! Have a huge problem What network to watch the Royal wedding
I can not stand Babara Walter so ABC is out. any suggestions on who would be good to watch? have tivo so honestly will probably do two. (I know very sad life)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Well, I can only base my opinions on previous coverage of other events.

Based on coverage of the Rose Parade every year, I'd stay away far away from the major networks, who have traditionally put their own stars on as hosts, who subsequently seem more interested in putting their own mugs on screen than in covering the event.

Based on the Earthquake in Japan, CNN might not be a great option, due to how much they seemed to want to sensationalize everything, rather than just straightforward reporting.

I also wouldn't pick E!, as they seem to be more into glitz and hoopla too.

I looked to see which stations are broadcasting it here, and I see BBC is on there. They might be an interesting choice, seeing as it is a British affair.

PBS might also be a decent option, since I would think they'd be more straightforward too.

TLC and FNC are covering it too. I don't really have a big opinion one way or the other on them.

Of course, if you'd rather have a lot of bells and whistles, than my opinions might be rather boring to you.

I tried to Google who was covering the wedding, and got a hodgepodge of not-so-helpful hits. But THIS site talked a little about what networks were doing to scramble and get viewership. And THIS one says it has a "comprehensive look at what each network has planned." I didn't read very far on that one, cause by then I was kinda done reading so much about it. LOL. I figured you'd be wanting to read/decide for yourself anyway.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 25, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I'll use the clicker and watch NBC (The Today Show) ABC

OK I googled:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/25/business/media/25royals.html?src=me
Because every network will be sharing the same camera feeds of the royal wedding on Friday morning, they have competed fiercely to sign up on-air talent in an attempt to make their hours and hours (and hours) of coverage stand out.

The most sought-after pundits have been signed to long-term contracts worth over $100,000; some even have deals with several outlets. The author of one book about the couple, Katie Nicholl, was the subject of a bidding war; she will be simultaneously working for ABC News, CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight” and the entertainment newsmagazine “Entertainment Tonight.”

I"m not a fan of Pierce -so I'm opting out of CNN - I did watch a segment of some Entertainment show that said be careful googling - or more importantly clicking on sites you are not familiar with - the weirdo's are putting worms on the sites you click on - and they showed a few that would infect your computer if you clicked from google to their site!