TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 19, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 19, 2011 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
How does someone get $50 million in a divorce settlement and file for bankruptcy? How is that possible?

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I lost a lot of respect for Sonja after seeing that mess last night. What big egos these people have! I guess Sonja is throwing in with the Luann/Kelly crowd this year. Don't they ever learn? And I thought that was SO rude to invite someone to your house, then the minute they walk in the door jump all over them and then kick them out of your house. And then make fun of their outfit. Rude, rude rude!

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Oh and that painting of Sonja was UG-LY!!

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Sonja was way off base, but Alex and Simon looked pathetic also. Kelly was the only "sane" one. :-)

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I thought the painting did her justice

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
That painting made her look 60 years old...if it was given to her I'm sure it's been torched.

Yup Sonja didn't do herself any good as far as public perception of her goes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Certainly not on the Andy show where she kept insisting she was it was her day in her house. While both women were wrong and, oddly enough, every other woman on the show besides Kelly acted wrong in judging each other, they really need to learn how to be a little self centered.

I can see where Alex was hurt, she and her husband are social climbers and wanted their names to appear in the paper and actually worked on the project to earn a mention, to get bumped off by someone who paid for their spot is bad. The rally was the right place to speak to Sonja, but it would have been better if someone on the staff who knew what really went down speak to Sonja. And please,please stop giving the death stare. Just.Not.Good.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
worked on the project to earn a mention

Perhaps they worked on the project because it is a cause they believe in and were angry at Sonja for taking the spotlight off the cause and putting it on herself.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
Sonja did herself no favors by her behavior. Also, Luann makes a point of saying she has no idea what went on, but then goes on to totally blame Alex. Hello Luann, aren't you going to even make a pretense of knowing what happened before you blame her?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You are correct Prisoner, I made an assumption based in the fact that there was a discussion that was a distraction if anyone watched them instead of the speakers.

I also believe the discussion could not be put off because it was an instant when it could have been resolved.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
If Silex cared so much about the cause, then they should not have cared to speak as much as they did. They wanted their mugs in the paper and were upset that their plan/aspiratio was foiled.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Click on take off Hope this works

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I like Cindy alot so far. She said that the Sonja's version of the argument omitted the fact that Sonja was the aggressor and that if she were hosting a party she would not initiate an argument with a guest.

She said something like that not her exact words but I agree.

Sonja has second season syndrome where her ego is overblown because she was fairly popular after the first season. I really liked her last year. But this season she's not so likable.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
agreed

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
The behavior of these women makes no sense to me. Either they have lost something in the editing, or there are underlying issues that I am missing.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
Alisons, I agree.

I don't really see where either Sonja or Alex were in the right, at the rally or at the house. I notice Bravo is focusing a lot on Alex always downing a glass of something, perhaps they should do the same for the other ladies. If it really is that she has to drink to be around these women, maybe she just shouldn't be around them. (yes, I know it can be edited)

I like the new lady so far, and Kelly hasn't gotten on my nerves yet. I think all the others are so full of themselves.

Last season Jill was far from a good friend to Bethany, she did some distasteful things and it lost her some fans as well as support from some of the women, however, I can think of things that every other woman on this show has done that was just as distasteful. I don't understand how people can just dis Jill and act like other women have been angels. Part of my thoughts on this may be because I don't get the love-fest over Bethany, because she has been just as nasty as the other women.

It's like each season a person is chosen to be the low man on the totem pole, not only by Bravo/or the women as well as the viewers.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, April 17, 2011 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
If I'd planned a speech for an event of which I was on the committee and I felt emotional about the cause I'd be disappointed if someone decided to go DIVA and make it about them. So with that I give Alex and Simon a semi pass in that they were disappointed and Sonja WAS being selfish. I think Alex and Simon likely would have give a far better speech as well.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sonja's portrait was most unflattering - especially the part where he painted her with her legs wide open. Really?

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I totally agree with Alex. If I worked on a committee for months, my husband was slated to speak in the printed materials and then the DAY of the event I find out that my "friend/co-star" specifically told the hosts of the parade she would not participate unless she was the only one of the Housewives "allowed" to speak I would be PISSED! It is about the cause and anyone should be allowed to speak.

FWIW Sonja brought up the parade at her house and not Alex and if Sonja would have let Alex speak and not talk over her to the point she couldn't get 2 words in I think it wouldn't have escalated to that level.

Also from what I have read recently I think Sonja and Alex are friends now so I guess they are over the conflict.

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
It just seems to me that whoever made the decision to only have Sonja speak should have contacted the others prior to the day of the event. This is why I think Alex was in the wrong to jump on Sonja. If it is true that she said no one else could speak if she were to be involved then she was not the one that made the final decision. The decision was made by someone on the committee.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Anyway Sonja tries to spin it, she was just wrong.

If anyone wants to speak passionately at an event like this it's a good thing.

At least to me....I got the vibe that for Sonja, this event was a lot more about Sonja than marriage equality and that is a shame. Sonja showed her true colors. But we all make missteps so Sonja's not nearly as hard to take as is, say Jill or Kelly...but there is still a lot of season left.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
What bugs me a bit about Simon is his love of attention. He tweets all day long repeating and rephrasing things Jill has said or done and it's not part of the show but it does influence me a bit because the guy truly is starving for attention. I wish he'd show up less often like Ramona's hub Mario who I wish we saw more of he's charming and hunky and speaks Italian.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Call me a cynic, but I see Jill's little fingerprints all over this. She all of a sudden showed up at the event, which she said she never planned on attending, and went after Alex like a pit bull.

Maybe her "honorary committeeship position" allowed her to do a little manuevering with the speaker list?

Mistysmoke

08-10-2001

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mistysmoke a private message Print Post    
I don't understand. Am I the only one that see's that whoever made the decision to agree to Sonja's alleged demand is the one that should have contacted the Simon/Alex ahead of time? If we are going to suggest that Jill had a hand in this because she was an honorary member then shouldn't we also consider that Alex should have known what was going on since she was an active committee member? It seems to me that changes in the schedule would be known by committee members ahead of time.

I don't understand solely blaming two of the cast members. I mean, from what I understand from RHOC, it could be that BRAVO set up this issue to get ratings. Yes, Sonja was over the top talking about how it was all about her. I really don't like Sonja at all.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
According to Simon's blog, the whole "Sonja wants to be the only speaker" thing happened late the night before, and they weren't called until that morning, after Alex left to go to Sonja's house. The organizers did tell them, but the whole thing went down at the last minute. My suspicions only (pure speculation) is Sonja realized Alex and Simon were significantly involved only at that party where Alex invited everyone to walk in their gowns, and then she started her demands.