TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 13, 2011 users admin

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Love the Irwin family. Terri is an Oregon girl. I'm so sorry and sad that Steve isn't with them.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
I only watched part of the show. The kids are way too aware of the camera and aren't natural anymore (IMO). I did notice that when Cara was surfing, that she'd gotten quite a bit heavier. I wonder if it's just those teenage growth spurt things or if she's having more trouble than others with Jon being absent. She and Jon really enjoyed outdoor activities together.

So for me, I will probably catch the show here and there, but I'm not going to be DVRing it anymore.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
The Irwins! :-) I'm sorry and sad about Steve too. Real loss to all the world.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'll be excited to see them on the show, too.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Haven't had much of an interest in the Gosslin family, though I have caught an episode here and there over the years. The kids are sure getting big!

I just couldn't resist making sure to DVR this episode, seeing it would have the Irwins on. I'm so glad I did.

The Irwin family is just amazing. Bindi has grown into such a lovely young lady. I was shocked to see Robert looking so big. He was just a baby when Steve died. Then I see its already been nearly five years since Steve passed. Goodness, where does the time go? I swear it was only yesterday.

Steve has certainly left a lasting legacy behind in his wonderful kids. Terri of course is just as amazing, and has continued to raise those kids to be the wonderful kids they are.

I don't even know what prompted me to click on this thread, but I'm so glad I did. Even so, it it hadn't been for the picture Seamonkey posted of the Irwins, I would have never known they were going to be on the show. So thank you for that Sea!

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I saw Kate Gosselin on ET last night. She's now trolling for a reality show of her own, sans kids, which she can do "while the kids are in school." Jeez, give it a break, lady.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry Steve isn't with them too. I can't believe it has almost been five years. They seem like such a nice family.

Northstar

09-29-2008

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northstar a private message Print Post    
I think I would cry too if I had the chance to hold a koala. They're so sweet and gentle.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded to watch later today. I know I will enjoy it too.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Holly stated:
I saw Kate Gosselin on ET last night. She's now trolling for a reality show of her own, sans kids, which she can do "while the kids are in school." Jeez, give it a break, lady.

Kate needs to realize her 15 minutes are waaaayyyyy over. No one cares about her and her woes anymore.

I loved this review of her show last week.

Kate Plus 8 Australia Review

I found one of the comments hysterical. A poster named John G. posted this:

Still hoping to hear, “A dingo ate my Mommy” during the Australian trip

ROFL! Lol @ the comment by said poster as well as his posting name. It wasn't John Gosselin. Even though I like him, he's not that funny.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
No one cares about her and her woes anymore.

I do.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Great review, Cricket, LOL. Witty!
Thanks for posting.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I've just watched the first half. I'm going slow to savor it. Actually, I was starting to feel bad about Steve's absence. I sure miss the good old Crocodile Hunter! He was one of a kind. His little boy Robert looks to be a chip off the old block.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show yet. I know what you mean OG. I think Steve is the only celebrity I ever really grieved (and still am somewhat) about/for. What an exceptional person he was.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I wish Kate the best too in supporting her and her eight kids alone. Don't think it can be done easily on a nurses' salary plus the hours aren't the same as school hours.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I just spent the past half hour with a big grin on my face watching the last part of the show. Loved it all, particularly getting a chance to see the Irwin family once again. God bless them in their animal conservation efforts.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
What? Kate's going back to being a nurse???

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Not that I know of, I think some people would like her to do that so she is not on TV anymore.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I'm betting they already have enough $$$ that Kate will never have to go back to a regular job.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
That would be nice for them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well I just watched the show and loved it.. probably will watch again. Now I would have been so excited to be that close to a Komodo Dragon!! But I was most touched that Aiden was crying with joy that his mom was okay.

And hearing about the "Bingo" dog. LOL.

The preview cracked me up.. after watching Biggest Loser and the fear that BOB had and then to see the little Gosselins jump off the same exact tower.. too funny.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Ditto OG's and Sea's posts.

Oh I just LOVED that show! All the Irwins are amazing. Very inspiring. The kids remind me so much of their dad.

I want to hold a koala and see a baby koala crawl back into her mommy's pouch.

What an amazing and wonderful opportunity for all the Gosselin kids and Kate.

I was so surprised to see that same tower on the preview that I had seen earlier on BL.

Sea, interesting drawing of the stingray.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Not to sound greedy, but I am not sure anyone can ever have 'enough' savings. Julie, you certainly know how life can turn on a dime and suddenly your savings becomes your income. And god forbid if anything happened medically to her or the kids, even with insurance an illness/surgery can make a dent in things.

I loved seeing the genuine joy of their faces at the zoo. I think Terri is a very straight shooter and if she hadn't cared for Kate, you would have been able to tell.
I am jealous too, I would love to have that opportunity for me, much less my kids.