TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 12, 2011 users admin

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Normally I like Alex but I felt that she was so obviously being passive aggressive to Jill unnecessarily.

She didn't need to bring up Jill's obligation to attend the event following the wedding nor toot her own horn that she would be driving back to attend it.

The point of going to someone's wedding is to celebrate them and have a good time so IMO Jill and Alex both equally behaved badly in that regard but I have Jill a little better than Alex which surprises me simply because Alex was not letting the matter drop.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I agree about Alex Shen, but I can't like Jill she is such a liar, and thinks she's better than everyone else. I thought her saying that Alex wasn't good enough to hob nob with the elite was ridiculous, who is Jill to think she's above everyone?

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I don't like Jill either but I see her as trying to redeem herself.

On that day, IMO Alex was looking for trouble moreso than Jill who was put on the spot to respond about attending the event following the wedding.

Alex was wanting to put Jill on notice that she knew Jill was on the committee. I was disappointed in Alex behaving so pettily it shows she's carrying a grudge.

Alex was the instigator.

Jill lying about something to explain it away didn't bother me so much because it shouldn't have been brought up to begin with and even though I prefer Alex in many ways to Jill Alex still behaved worse IMO.

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Alex needs to pull back a bit. I've always liked her because she did seem to be more careful of what she said. But it looks like she wants to be in the middle of it all now.

Ramona acted like such a jerk to the girls she was interviewing. I felt so bad for the girl she was tearing apart and then telling her she needed to do something about her skin. But later, trying to make it look like she'd done the same for all the girls.
Ramona thinks it's some kind of asset to tell people exactly what she thinks and everything she thinks. She may think it's better to be real than fake, but it's still mean and unnecessary. I think she thinks there are only two choices - say the mean thing to someone, or say it behind their back. Saying nothing does not seem to be an option for her.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Alex was treated so bad last season by Jill and she never received so much as I'm sorry from her and Jill is not going to be a whipping girl this year and she is not going to let Jill get away with her lies. After last season, I can't say I blame Alex. Jill is nothing but a bully and a liar, there is nothing nice about her except if she is looking at your face, but behind your back she is the same Jill I have grown to dislike, she is actually a coward, if she has something to say why not say it to their face. As far as her new look I agree with Prisoner, she sure looks like she is channeling Bethenny.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Above post I meant to say "Alex is not going to be a whipping girl this year" instead of "Jill"

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Alex and the march - there is probably an attitude difference about the march between Jill and Alex. Jill has had money for a while (I think she equates money with position, which - well, money can't buy you class) and when you have money people put you on committees where you don't actually do any work. Alex's position was more involved with work. I noticed how upset she got when people were not taking her marching requests very seriously, I think she thinks it is a serious business, but I don't think she understands how someone can be on a committee and not be involved.

All that being said, I could not live like any of them, I am pretty non-confrontational considering all the arguments I seem to get in to with people.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Shenanagon, I completely agree with you regarding Alex. Cannot stand her again. I cut her some slack when she was being nice to Bethenny, but now all I see is someone who is acting up to ensure she stays on the show. She and her hubby were supposed to be cut last season and voila, she started getting antagonistic. Her behavior towards Jill is over the top and rude. I still feel that this is about money and wanting to be with the 'in' crowd for her and her husband.

When she was talking about how good looking her parents were and thus she is, I just about died. I've always felt she was very homely...not attractive at all. Her attitude this year is not making her look any more attractive.

As for Alex being the whipping girl last year, I didn't see it. I saw they all didn't get along; however, it's absolutely classless of Alex to keep nitpicking and trying to start fights with Jill. Alex thinks she is the cool girl now because she kissed Ramona and Bethenny's butts and got accepted by them. I still can't stand her husband. Interesting that he pretty much forced her to go and be with the other women and then the photographer didn't even have her get in his photographs. For Simon, it's all about being seen...way too obvious and desperate. Also, we see her gulping down drinks before she 'confronts' Jill. What's up with that?

I like Cindy so far and I somewhat like Sonia. In previews Alex goes after Sonia as well. With Bethenny gone, Alex might end up being an achilles heel for Ramona.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I saw Alex in person and she is much more attractive in the flesh than she appears on TV. I was kind of horrified when she was discussing her own beauty. Both she and Simon periodically talk about money/status in ways that make me wince.

It was kind of funny how Jill's "nice girl" routine lasted maybe about 20 minutes into the show.

It looks like there will be a lot of drama this year! Bring it on! Glad Bethenny is out of this mess!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
well, i guess i am old fashioned too, but i think wearing white to a wedding is wrong.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I grew up with the 'no white to wedding' rule too. I guess the purpose is to keep from outshining the bride/keep the focus on the bride, but really it is unlikely that anyone is going to take away from the bride at a wedding. I always thought more highly of Princess Diana for wearing a really ugly and very casual dress to Fergie's wedding.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
She and her hubby were supposed to be cut last season

No, they were not. That was a rumor started by Jill.

OK, "allegedly" started by Jill.

Lurkin

02-15-2002

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurkin a private message Print Post    
I didn't see Alex as weak last season. I didnt like how she put herself in the jill/bethanny situation. "Delivering a Message from Bethanny" at a party saying your done.

I think it is hilarious how Simon & Alex and Ramona and Mario are best buds after the first season.

I agree, I grew up no white or cream to a wedding and no red to a funeral.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Alisons, I read some postings last year on another site from someone who met Alex at a book signing. She said Alex is beautiful in person.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Alex was way over the line last night. But Jill is hard for me to watch. That woman has issues.

Think I'm starting to get tired of these RH shows. I'm more worried about the cost of gas and groceries than about whether they ruin their Jimmy Choos or Louboutins doing foot-painting.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I realize I'm in the minority, but I like Alex calling Jill on her BS hypocrisy. It's about time someone did.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
It's okay to call someone on their BS, but trying to start a fight at someone's wedding is just classless. I'm not even sure Alex knew the bride...did she?

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I understand Alex's anger with Jill, but I do agree, she could have handled it with more tact. With that said, I still can't stand Jill's ego. Jill is also very jealous of Alex and Ramona. I think it has everything to do with their friendship with Betheny, and nothing to do with anything else. I hope Alex will stop trying to cause drama because I don't want to start disliking her to.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
People, people... have you forgotten the cameras, the producers? The whole reason why the show is getting ratings? Drama!

I wonder if Alex amped it up in the drama department because of the money coming in from HW -

I think that wearing black to a wedding is also 'wrong' wrong' - - but, so much of that "color" rights and wrongs have gone out the window - I cant imagine wearing white or cream to a wedding - but red to a funeral - absolutely if all the right things are around - for instance, my grandma wanted to be buried in her RED silk nightgown and robe - so she encouraged others to wear red - of course most people didnt get that at all - which embarrassed my mom!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Reader, I am going to say maybe around 10-15 years ago they started to wear black to weddings if the wedding was at night or during the winter. It is way too hot down here to wear black in the heat of the day during the summer months (which stretch about six months down here).

Maybe the first couple of weddings I went to some people gasped that someone would wear black to a wedding. But once women realized they could wear their "little black dress" or pantsuit without having to shop for a new outfit, it caught on quite quickly. Now it is considered perfectly acceptable to wear black to a wedding in New Orleans. I guess it just depends what party of the country you are from.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Reader you bring up something that's been bugging me. The ladies on the various shows that I find most entertaining are the ones that don't play to the cameras so obviously.

Judging solely on the first show I was dismayed to see that they were all so obviously playing to the cameras "including my girl Alex" that the show was disappointing to me and I was finding myself hoping the RHoBH will be on soon.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Lexie - you're exactly right, and honestly, I'm trying to remember at the last wedding we went to - (my son's) if anyone wore black or white... probably, and I probably didnt pay any attention!

I was talking to my mom and she reminded me she wore a black skirt to my brother's wedding!! (it was a long skirt, they got married after Christmas - )

so I'm wrong on colors!! lol

I wonder too, if the fact that Bravo has decided to cut back on some of the shows (D.C. wasnt picked up for another season) if some of the producers arent 'nudging' a bit...

and many of us enjoy watching Bethenney's show because of the lack of the "drama' fights (there certainly drama at times!) I think New York is missing Bethenney! I just dont want to watch a couple of these HW - I did like Alex, but now that they are concentrating on her 'making waves' as opposed to a good storyline - not so much...

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
OK, I can't resist saying this. Lisa V and Giggy from BH were just on Jane Velez Mitchell, discussing the royal wedding. Jane said Giggy looked bored by the topic. I'd rather watch Lisa and her little pooch doing anything over the NY ones fighting any day.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i see black all the time at weddings. nothing beats a classic LBD. but white/cream will always be in my mind, only worn by the bride.
(unless it's an all white wedding, which i have seen, but that was the bride's idea)

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 2:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
White is not that flattering of a color anyway. And if your dress is short, you look like you're headed off to play tennis!