TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 06, 2011 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I have never heard she was in the picture. It was just the bodyguard with the 6 children, 6 children whose lives he has been a part of for years now. I would be highly surprised if he and his wife didn't have several pics of the tykes and it's a great gift for his parents IMO.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
we had a man who worked for my family since before i was born. he helped move me to college, he was at my wedding, i spoke at his funeral.
my mother was good friends with his wife. they had many pictures of my family; as we did theirs.
it's entirely possible to be close to the family of people who work for you/with you.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Someone posted that his parents were not happy with the picture or that she was there with him visiting his parents and now he has quit working for her. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
Sorry, but if I were his wife, I would not be happy if my husband took her and her kids to meet his parents without her. Just sayin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Funny, we got hauled all over the US as kids and while it wasn't all roses, I sure appreciate having seen 48 states instead of just hanging at home in Detroit for those summers.

Steve didn't just take Kate and the kids to meet his parents.. as part of his job and Kate's job TLC sent them to Australia and New Zealand (and what a terrible thing THAT is to do to kids.. yeah.. just horrible) and Steve is from New Zealand and his parents live there.

It isn't like he bundled up Kate and kids and took them to his parents home while his wife was at home nearby.

And what Texannie said.. it is possible to be close to the family of people .. when you work with that family.. and that doesn't mean you are sleeping with someone in the family.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I took a peek around the net about the rumor that the bodyguard has quit, and it appears it all started with this satirical article at "The Spoof" dated March 14. I see people around the net are even posting this page as some sort of proof and not even realizing it's fiction.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i93153

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
All is said is that I heard that his family was not happy with the situation. I never said that I knew this first hand as I do not. And I was just voicing my feelings which I do beleive I am allowed to have.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
By the way, thank you Naja for the info. I now understand that he did not quit.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Of course we all have feelings but I know I like to base mine on truth so I take the tabloids with huge amounts of skepticism.

I certainly understand that others will dislike who I might not dislike or have different opinions.. that makes the world go round.

But I will still question what people "heard" or "read" or "said" and seek to know the truth.

And that goes for reports that support my feelings as well as those that don't.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
<Of course we all have feelings but I know I like to base mine on truth so I take the tabloids with huge amounts of skepticism.>

Except when it's about Jon Gosselin}.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 19, 2011 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nope.. I was defending Jon for the longest time when the first pictures showed up with the partying students and when there were the claims of him staying at the student's condo overnight, reported by her brother (who wasn't real credible). But as time went on there wasn't much left to defend. He tended to conduct his life in front of the paps so they got their pictures :-(

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
With Jon I figured since he walked, quacked and acted like a duck that he was probably a duck.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
And of course Nothing is Kates fault.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well he did turn out to be a duck, but I didn't want to hear it at first :-)

No one is without fault but to so many she seems to be responsible for pretty much all the ills in the world and her kids compared to kids who have been child actors or singers, with no home life at all, schooled on set.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am pretty sure Kate caused the earthquake in Japan!

It always takes two to ruin a marriage; just as it takes two to make it work.

Holly

07-21-2001

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well, I've never met one single person who's either hysterically dramatic enough or crazy enough to claim she is responsible for even a single ONE of the ills in the world, but I've met several who just find the woman's nasty personality and narcisistic ways downright repulsive.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
sure..she is unpleasant.
sure..he is irresponsible.

it doesn't mean everything written about either one of them is true.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I agree with Holly and I do not base it on what I've read or heard. Just from her own actions I've witnessed and words I've listened to.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL, Holly! I've sure read posts in various boards that sound like Kate is the only one responsible for anything wrong. Haven't met them, but that is how it seems.

Statements that say she forced him to cheat, drink, smoke, dress like an idiot, move to NY, buy expensive cars, rent expensive places and bring random women home for the night .. I missed where that was anything but opinion.

And I'm not sitting in Kate's house so I don't have the advantage of witnessing all of her actions or hearing her words, unless she does an interview. Same with Jon.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oddly, this who rehashing conversation is based on a spoof internet post.. and a report that Kate's bodyguard's parents were displeased with a picture of Kate's kids with their son. I know I wasn't along for that trip and never saw an interview with Steve's parents.. but here we are again.

Back to CNN where I'm pretty sure none of the rather important topics in the news lately has anything to do with Kate.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
People discuss whatever interests them. :-)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, March 20, 2011 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Except when it's about Jon Gosselin.

ROFLMAO, Holly.

The bodyguard quitting might be a spoof; however, the gift of a tiffany frame with him and her children she gave to his parents isn't a spoof. It's in too many mags to be a spoof.

Quite right, Jimmer.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 5:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i guess i am confused, how is giving his parents a pic of their son with the children he works with/for a bad thing?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
What a horrible thing to do.. give someone a gift!

And that's totally true, Jimmer.. and even discussing Kate has to be some relief from all the stuff on CNN, or the prices at the gas pumps.

(eeek.. I'm driving today for the first time since Thursday and shudder to think what those prices will be up to today!)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, April 05, 2011 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Loved part one of the trip to Australia. I was very entertained. The little kids are starting to loose their baby teeth.

Next week they go to Australia Zoo. I saw one of the kids with Robert, Steve's little boy. I can hardly wait to see that episode. Love the Erwins.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
How awesome would it be to grow up in a zoo? The only thing I didn't like about the show was when they had Kate narrating. She does a much better job just talking about things. I didn't care for the narration at all.