TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 08, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of New York City : ARCHIVES: Archive through April 08, 2011 users admin

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Cindy Barshop owns a chain of day spas, and her claim to fame is introducing the world to sticking shiny stones around one's lady parts - better known as "vajazzling."

So, Bravo must think the holiday season is the ideal time to introduce the sparkly new replacement for Bethenny Frankel, because it has finally confirmed that Barshop is indeed the newest cast member of "The Real Housewives of New York City."

"She has an organic connection to the cast," Bravo programming VP Christian Barcellos tells the New York Post. "She's friends with Ramona [Singer] and has connections to Kelly [Bensimon]. They all run in the same circles."

Barshop is a single mother to young twin girls, who were born in 2009. She owns a chain of day spas in Manhattan, Scarsdale, N.Y., and Palm Beach, Fla. And she lives in a downtown loft in Manhattan's West Village.

"She's done some unorthodox things, and she owns it," says Barcellos. "She brings a distinct flavor to the ensemble...viewers will enjoy getting to know and see [Barshop]."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/12/real-housewives-of-new-york-bravo-confirms-cindy-barshop-vajazzles-as-the-new-housewife.html

Bravo has finally announced the name of the Housewife that will be replacing Bethenny Frankel when The Real Housewives of New York City return for their fourth season in February. Who is it?

Now that Bethenny Frankel is officially off the show and doing her own thing, Bravo has brought in her replacement–another single brunette who runs her own business empire. What a stretch!

The newest Housewife in the Big Apple is self-proclaimed “Wax Queen,” Cindy Barshop [pictured above at far left], a native Long Islander and single mom of two girls, Zoe and Jesse, who were born in 2009. Barshop is the owner of the Completely Bare salon chain which she started in 1998, and now has three spas in Manhattan, and others in Palm Beach and Scarsdale. Completely Bare specializes in waxing and laser hair removal, and apparently, Jersey Shore cast members Pauly D and The Situation are frequent customers.

Not many more details were given on Cindy Barshop, but according to Bravo execs, she has an “organic connection to the cast,” and she’s already friends with Ramona Singer, and “has connections” to Kelly Bensimon.

Those “connections” have us thinking that we could expect some trouble between Cindy and Kelly, and that she’ll probably be picking up right where Bethenny left off, but at least we won’t have to go through the endless “cook vs. chef” debates anymore. Surely the world of waxing and hair removal is less complicated for Kelly. But who knows…

Bravo also hints that Barshop may be a bit controversial, especially for Countess LuAnn and Alex McCord, and that she “has made some really bold, daring lifestyle choices.”

Bravo’s programming VP, Christian Barcellos told the New York Post, “I think [her lifestyle decisions] are really cool and laudable and hopefully will invite watercooler conversations.

“She’s done some unorthodox things, and she owns it. She’s completely happy with her [lifestyle] decision and considered it greatly.”

Barcellos didn’t want to give anything else away about Cindy Barshop and her “lifestyle decision,” but we’re sure they’ll make for some interesting TV.

http://realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com/blog/2010/12/24/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-the-newest-cast-member-is-revealed/

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Jill posted this picture on her Twitter, with the caption "How hot is Kelly?"

BLEH, not hot at all! My gawd, the hyperextension on her knee is enough to make me gag (and on her back). She won't be walking when she's 60, I'll tell you that!

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
She has the same pose in every picture I have seen of her. She definitely looks better with clothes on. Those swimsuit shots kill me.

Sia

03-10-2002

Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
LOL, I've never heard the term "vajazzling," but my DH says he has. Hmm, how the heck could he could have heard of this? And where. Man, that sounds weird . . . and wrong.

DH asked me if I'd gone LOOKING on the internet to see pictures of vajazzling. I said, "Man, I don't wanna see pictures of bedazzled beef curtains! YUCK!!"

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Sia, I heard about it on Kathy Griffin-D List when she was prepping her va-jay-jay for the televised pap smear. Don't understand it myself, but maybe I'm just too old...lol

Csnog

07-18-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
New York has been pushed to spring.

February 22 is to be the new HW of Miami.

Tuesdays at 10.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Csnog, was any reason given for pushing NYC to Spring?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
If by beef curtains you are referring to the labia, I'm pretty sure they leave them alone. The crystals and pretty stuff are just put on the mons pubis or "mons"

Csnog

07-18-2002

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Csnog a private message Print Post    
Nope, just that we are probably willing to wait while they bring the new one onboard.

Insiders said that it was shot to be a different show, but they decided to make it a part of the Housewives franchise.

They just finished shooting.

It's all done.

It's going to be a tamer, sexier show.

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
Lexie, from what I've read (cast's twitters, etc), the NYC show just recently finished filming, and they don't want to rush the editing before showing it. All of the cast are saying "it's the best season yet" (of course they are, they want ratings!).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
HA HA HA
I received a flier and am probably going with friends to see Liza Minelli, Chita Rivera, Larry Gatlin,..... and Countess Luann de LESSEPS at a Broadway cares fund raiser/show. I can't imagine what she would do since everyone else sings and dances or acts or has some talent. hee.
Anyone one want to join us this Thursday?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Hukd.

Sia

03-10-2002

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I would suppose that the crowd will leap to its feet when "Countess" Luann steps onto the stage--so that they can all take a restroom break during her "musical number."

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 5:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Sadie how was the show on Thursday? Dying to hear about it!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, February 18, 2011 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
ah, I did not get tickets to the show, sorry.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
What happened to the thread for Bethenny's show? I can't seem to find it.

Her show is the funniest on TV right now. Oh my gosh..she's like Lucille Ball with her facial expressions. I laugh so hard every week.

Little Brynn must be the youngest Catholic convert ever, lol.

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
Brynn is adorable!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
OMG, I'm watching WWHL 100th episode-what in the world is Jill trying to be? She's got hair like I-Dream-Of-Jeannie and some kind of bustier thing. I had to do a triple-take, 'cuz it looked nothing like the Jill we're used to seeing. Ramona, on the other hand, looks classy.
Oh, okay, turns out Jill Z. is pushing some kind of structure wear? I think that's what they called it. Very strange.

Debra

11-20-2003

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
LOL! I thought she was channeling Madonna. She was hawking her new shape wear line.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Thursday, April 07, 2011 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Debra, that's what my mind went to, too! Madonna! Then I went real "mean girl" and said to myself, self, that is sooooo 1980s...lol

Wrennez

11-03-2009

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wrennez a private message Print Post    
Let the games begin!!! So excited to have the show back and even liked the after show with Andy, those two were hilarious bickering back and forth. My favorite franchise of all the housewives. Looks like it is going to be a great season and I have front row seats!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Jill looked like she was going to a tranny party. She truly has no one in her life that tells her the truth about herself. Why wear a costume especially when no one else was. Silly Jill.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I SO agree about her outfit, but I must say her face looked great. Maybe because it was pulled back by her ponytail, but her skin looked great.

Jill is REALLY trying to put out the image out that she has changed and is nice girl. Truth is she cannot hide her inner mean girl. She tried to justify what she said about Alex at the wedding by telling Andy that she said those things to a producer off camera while she was still miked and not to the girls she sitting with. So all she did by saying that is prove that she is being fake on camera and is still the same Jill. Who is to say that Alex was mingling with people above her social status. UGH

Prisonerno6

08-31-2002

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Prisonerno6 a private message Print Post    
I thought Jill was channeling Bethenny on WWHL (Bethenny has her own shapewear line out and often wears her hair in a ponytail).

Agree with what you said, Frogi. Being "nice" to someone's face and then calling them a b!t©h behind their back isn't being nice, it's being two-faced.

And seriously, how many times are we going to hear Jill Zarin say, "You're not my friend!" when someone doesn't kowtow to her?

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
grrrr, I MISSED the show <hits self upside her head>. Luckily, Bravo repeats these things a bazillion times