TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 06, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Deal or No Deal Island: Archive through March 06, 2024 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 26, 2024 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This was pretty good. Looking forward to the next episode.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I liked it... altho the game at the end seemed a little drawn out.. I guess it's like the original Deal or No Deal.

The strategy is a little different, however, as you have to weigh the odds of whether YOUR case is better than the deal. Glad Aron made it thru, but I felt bad for Brentzen (sp?)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
yes, this was fun. And yes, just like the original show, they really drag out the opening of the cases. If I was Aron, I would have lost. I would have played the odds and likely taken the first deal and lost right away. I guess you have to have confidence you picked a case with a large dollar value and just go for it, like he did!

And what a beautiful island! I hope boston rob makes it for a while. He gives good comment.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I think reducing the number of cases helps your odds a lot.

I do think there was a bit of a spoiler in their "this season on" the show. There was a lineup of the contestants at one point, and if you paused, you could see who was still there. Could be wrong, if others were standing elsewhere of course.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, and I think the group pressure to not take the deal is very powerful. It's such a gamble when you have to go against the dealer. Almost as bad as flipping a coin.

Yes, they showed a lot of full season previews. I tried not to pay too close of attention.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 27, 2024 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree they need to speed up the opening of the cases

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you have great self restraint... I rewound and paused and studied that line up... LOL

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
So boring…. I wanted to like it too!!

Vsmart

02-09-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
That is what fast-forward is for.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 28, 2024 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I always get anxious.. And while I know they should vote Rob out, I really hate people who make reality shows about how poor they are and hate on anyone they deem to be more privileged.

Rob may joke and laugh, but he also works on his shows and provides for his family. They just bought a house and he is actively renovating it..

So the whiny blond can go. Soon.

Rob entertains me.

Fast Forward is always useful.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Rob entertains. It annoys me too when they hate on people who have won other shows. Rob and Amber both work (she works at their kids school). They don't seem to live an extravagant lifestyle and have four kids to raise and educate. I'd have no problem seeing him win again. Granted, he is my all time favorite Survivor player.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I just didn't want to know how early Rob goes out, because I just know they are going to try to get rid of him soon. I was just happy to see him in a couple of clips, but I will watching thinking every ep is his last. lol.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get it, Brenda.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Rob draws people into the show. He’s just fun to watch for however long he is there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.. and the people whining just irritate me. The actual Deal or No Deal game is incredibly boring in itself and people jumping around if they by luck choose the "right" case... eh.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, for sure. The opening the case part is boring. So hopefully it's just the last 15 minutes of the show each week. The adventure before that is the fun part.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also hope Rob stays til the end. I love him! I agree he and Amber live a modest lifestyle. Love their girls and have such a fun little family. As soon as the 1st daughter is 18 I expect to see her on Survivor. Rob has been grooming them since they were born!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, February 29, 2024 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Rob may just work his magic and stick around to the end. He is an absolute charmer, and is still a young enough and strong enough man with a good heart. So, once again his opponents absolutely could get sucked in again to keep him around just because they love him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Who watched last night? Rob was great, but talk about increasing the size of the target on your back.

And talk about "dad bod." LOL. He's still a competitor tho!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Total dad bod. LOL!
He's playing aggressive, going for the Win instead of one of the physically larger targets to simply not be tied for last. I was so happy he hit that target. But yes, they will really be gunning for him now.

I wonder how many weeks this show goes for. Starting with just 12 cases is so small.

I'm enjoying the show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I wondered about that also. There were so many more cases in the first round, but I'm guessing it was because it was an individual comp?

So with this one, as a team comp, only 6 (for the teams) and 6 low $ cases? That gave Kim quite the advantage.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, March 05, 2024 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Last nite's ep shows why Rob is such great tv!! I doubt he lasts long. There are so many on the show we never hear from so I figure they stay longer and we hear from them going forward. I will be bummed when Rob leaves.

I'm an old lady so I should root for her but I really just cant stand her!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am older and wish Kim would leave. I find her rather unpleasant.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I find Claudia as unpleasant as she was on Housewives in Atlanta. She's very cliquish and entitled. I think the scripting and editing on this show is way overboard. Producers aren't going to let either Rob or Claudia get tossed out early.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, March 06, 2024 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure you can script hitting a target. The picking of the cases is so random as well.

Claudia does seem a bit unpleasant. And the old lady certainly is. I so wanted her to lose to the banker. Her fake tears and stating that she acted weak on the first day... I don't like it.