TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
So You Think You Can Dance - Season 18

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance - Season 18 users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 19, 2024Seamonkey25 04-19-24  10:27 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, April 19, 2024 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that's true. For this year's format of having them basically "interview" for the job, it would not likely include ballroom.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, April 26, 2024 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We hate this new format! The old show was more about the partners building a relationship and growing together. I liked the pairs more than the teams. There's no chance to get attached to individual dancers in this format. I also miss the enthusiasm of the studio audience.

I love the judges and Cat Deeley, but they really seemed to have cut back on the budget this season. It no longer interests us. After watching all these years, we're out.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, April 26, 2024 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I couldnt even make it thru the last ep. They ruined this show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2024 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It does seem like the dancers now, shine while doing their individual style and their own choreography. But as soon as they have to learn someone else's choreography or dance together with another dancer, thats where they crumble.

I really dislike when they have teams in any reality competition show. Whether it be Survivor, Top Chef, SYTYCD etc. I don't like to see someone go home because the team put them in the bottom. Or someone non deserving of staying is protected because the rest of the team pulled them through. I realize that makes good TV, but I don't care for it. I think that is one of the reasons I love Amazing Race so much. The teammates go thru on their own merit...and no ones person opinion of them.

I dearly love Cat Deeley! She used to be more involved in the past. I hope they never replace her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 27, 2024 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about teams.. Deal or No Deal Island, too. And Top Chef is especially bad in pairs and paired up with someone with immunity.

The part where they have trouble with choreography is relevant in real world where start off careers as back up dancers for videos and live performances or in the chorus line in musicals. They might be soloists on the street or on Instagram but maybe not yet in the roles they hope to get.

But I miss the old format, for sure.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I posted this in the RN thread, but I just had to post it here. The lady I rent a room to waited until today to tell me her daughter was on season 9 and made it Vegas! Both she and her daughter were on camera.

I downloaded the only episode they were on and chopped out their part. It's super short. You can see her daughter in the group dance with the white skirt, and then toward the end, there's my tenant/roommate (Yolanda) with her face in her hands crying (she looks so cute!) an her daughter jumping with the ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgCOPGXa73A

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That makes me miss the old format, and Mary.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 06, 2024 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too! Very cool Naja!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched last night's show.. should I bother? I suppose I will get to it...

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Me neither...it used to be a show I watched live. Then it was the show I might not watch live, but I would watch later that night or next morning. Now...I won't not watch it...but I watch all my other shows first, then I watch when I get around to it. Sad, because I love anything with dance (or fashion) and there aren't many of those shows anymore.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2024 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
i tried and ff thru a lot of it and still ended up deleting it. The choreo is so bad this season. It's like they got Dance Moms choreo as opposed to the Mandy Moore caliber choreographers we were used to

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: