TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Top Chef 21 Wisconsin

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef 21 Wisconsin users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 11, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Kristen Kish will be the host. she won Top Chef 20 I think she was eliminated then won several last chance kitchens and came back to win, but I could be wrong.

No Idea when it starts.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 12, 2023 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Wow... they go from London and Paris to Wisconsin. lol

nothing against Wisconsin... love that part of the country... but I don't think it can compare with the food scene in London/Paris.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
lots of cheese, Fondue night?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well they only film once a year (if we're lucky) so we probably won't see Wisconsin until sometime in 2024... or 2025. Maybe now that Padma isn't on the show, there may be a more consistent film schedule.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 24, 2023 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wisconsin may have pitched the best pitch..

In Phil Keoghan's interview for Tough as Nails with the RHAP podcasters the subject came up of how they choose a location and he mentioned many factors involved for his show including budget, locations (which for Top Chef would stress kitchens, local chefs, nearby location to house contestants) but also that all sorts of cities, states, provinces pitched to shows and made concessions.

Now, with Padma leaving, I would think that would help the Top Chef budget, as her replacement would hardly pull in a Padma level of salary or benefits. But, who knows? Maybe there was a budget cut..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2023 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I would think each area would pitch challenges. Expect a cheese challenge and dairy farm challenge. Then there would be picturesque and practical locations. Chefs or restaurants with a story.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 17, 2023 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Padma did an interview talking about whet she would miss (working with the people) and what she would not miss (eating enormous amounts of food at one sitting)

Marej

09-19-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marej a private message Print Post    
New season starts this Wednesday. Have to tape TAR and/or Survivor.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 17, 2024 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
YAY!! Looking forward to watching them cook again!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2024 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am not missing Padma (and I like Padma).. And the season is ok. I was sorry to see the guy go this week after last chance. And this week the guest judge was pretty amusing, giving Tom a hard time at the table.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Anyone else wonder why the first chef eliminated wasn't in Last Chance Kitchen? Did he opt out? They didn't say anything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard anything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I find lots of articles noting that David Murphy, first eliminated, was not on Last Chance Kitchen, but reportedly there is no explanation, even from him.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 31, 2024 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks for looking, Sea. Just seems odd that nothing was said. But he was kind of an odd duck himself.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 1:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, the first out just disappeared.

Second out went to Last Chance Kitchen against a new chef. New chef won.

Third out went against new chef with second out watching. New chef won.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://open.substack.com/pub/vincemancini/p/top-chef-david-murphy-not-on-last-chance-kitchen?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

So Tom claimed that David Murphy opted out, but then maybe not...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, April 05, 2024 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have watched LCK yet but I'm really not crazy about a rando winning his way into the competition when the other chefs have to compete against each other in two challenges every week as well as face multiple judges.

That's some serious bullshit right there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems like that happened before and I think Tom really likes it and I agree...not a good thing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I also don't like that it's not a "blind tasting" which makes it hard to believe that Tom will send this guy home and not let him into the competition.

I really really hate this.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
This is not the first time someone has been added in LSK.
One year it was 2 people who failed a previous year. I know there was at least another time, not from the beginning though. I don't remember the details.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2024 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kristen actually came out of Last Chance Kitchen (but had been on that season, wasn't just added) to win her season.

Yes.. I suspect that Tom wants the drama of suddenly having this new guy injected into the show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 14, 2024 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So two chefs leave in double elimination and one of them is knocked out in LCK but the "16th" chef is still live in LCK.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 1:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So they actually brought back one of the original chefs AND the 16th chef who only competed in LCK. We see the reaction to that next time. He seems like a nice guy and good chef but there will be some resentment about his sudden appearance.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
No, only one will survive the next cook. They don't show it so we don't know who it is.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 4:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I absolutely hate this twist about the 16th chef going into the competition. All the other chefs had to compete against each other and be judged by 4-8 judges every week. This would have only been fair if it was a blind tasting by Tom and he didn't know which chef cooked what dish in LCK. There was no way he was sending home the 16th chef from LCK.

Sadies, that's now how I understood it. I thought Tom said BOTH of them were going back into the competition.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, both are going back to the main competition.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 21, 2024 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sadies, they had the three way cook, one was eliminated then Tom pretended he was about to eliminate one of the two, but said they were both going back in.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 22, 2024 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh I missed that last part. Was late and I was sleepy.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: