TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Alone - on the History Channel: Archive through June 09, 2023 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, you should watch it with your niece.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 26, 2022 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
great show. interesting people, no one has left yet so they have no braggarts who run when the helicopter leaves.

My niece does not believe in watching TV. Neither did I at her age, she would rather be camping. She gets a cabin when she takes her daughter though. No child in a scary tent with bears around.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 27, 2022 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Good start... some of them got food in the first day or two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 27, 2022 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This recorded. Good to know it is a new season!!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Pretty impressive group this time. Second drop out at day 19. His mistake was building a huge shelter and prioritzing it over food.

Some people seem to be thriving others surviving.
Still 8 people, most not on film.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 16, 2022 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, he was just eating seaweed and that just didn't work for him. And his shelter with those giant logs! He was really likeable.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, June 17, 2022 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think there is more food around than usual, you really have to balance work an food as priorities, you can't think about shelter if you are not going to spend some time getting food.
Over at the bushcraft forum, they had someone say the show is de-emphasizing the amount of food they caught. One guy claimed at this point he caught fish every day. I am pretty impressed with the beavers they caught (almost said seals, but they are not allowed to catch seals). that is more than some people got to eat in the whole season on previous years.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 26, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
as people drop out, there is Kari Lee singing and having a good old time. I have to look up what she took with her. I know early on she foraged and it sounds like she dried and saved a lot, which would be good on a no food day instead of starving. One thing she mentioned that she is eating a lot of is fruit roll ups she made from berries. I wonder if she brought sugar, because that would keep your spirits up.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Kari is left with 2 guys, one of whom claims he will go on a fast for 20 days, I am not sure you can make it 20 days. The other guy took all the easy shots and now that food is getting hard to find is finally setting snares but he claims he is weak from not eating and speak about his girlfriend every other word.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Show finale was last night.. And next show is returnees being left in an area where winter has already started. I think it is billed as Alone Frozen.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 06, 2022 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There is also an Alone Skills Challenge show that is kind of fun.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 12:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Got that scheduled, too. Thanks.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 3:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
So sad that Kari Lee could not be the first woman to win. She just had an old body with plenty of wisdom an survival, but could not starve. I don't think Starving and joy go together any way. Everyone seems to make their peace as they live, except those who are medically removed.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 07, 2022 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
To be honest, lots of folks suggesting that Juan Pablo "played a great game." But I wasn't that impressed. He showed us how to gain a lot of weight before he went in, and then do very little to outlast the others.

It seems to me that this is supposed to be more about your ability to *thrive* in that environment, but more and more it's just who starves the most slowly. :-(

Loved Kari Lee, she was thriving for quite a long time, and her attitude was amazing.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, September 08, 2022 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Crap. Watching frozen. Episode 5 was listed as on. I dared it and tried to watch, but it was episode 4 again. Pfft.
It's on again in an hour.,I will dvr again. Hope they run the right one.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They didn't run the right one later either. :-(

It should be on the History Channel today. Frustrating. I hear Canada got the right episode, so not sure why they screwed up the US broadcast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 09, 2022 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Repeat here, too. And repeat on demand.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I had to watch on the History Channel. Many annoying commercials.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 10, 2022 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I just watched there too. Well it will be a woman if anyone can do it. It has only been 20 days. 30 to go.not sure any will make it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 12, 2022 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mine is wrong on demand for the history channel..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 26, 2022 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Frozen finale.. WOW!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 28, 2022 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched the finale???

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I found it! Totally forgot where this show was listed. New show tonight

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 09, 2023 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I couldn't find it at first.. I think 2 new episodes recorded tonight..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I just saw that Alone starts tonight!

Is it just me, I had no idea. No ads no comments.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 08, 2023 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
SAdies, I only knew because I follow some Alone groups on Facebook.