TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef 20 - world All Stars: Archive through June 02, 2023 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who was irritated AF by Dale? He acted like May held him back in the partner challenge yet he was the bossy one the entire time.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 25, 2023 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yea, Dale's words belied his behavior. He insisted on scotch egg. He cooked the outside egg. It was the Villan edit. We will never know all that happened.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Can I admit to being a bit bummed Tom is still hanging in there? His attitude makes me think he would be a complete pain in the arse to work with.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I totally want to see Tom gone and Buddha a clsoe second. Their view that they are above all others,

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about Tom, but I'm a fan of Buddha.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 2:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Buddha is a team player. I have seen him concede. There is a subplot with tension between him and Sara

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I really really really dislike Tom. I was hoping he'd be out. It didn't seem fair that the team spent all that money on his dish (which was a losing dish) and someone else got kicked off.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I can see why Buddha would bug you, but I think he at least has more cooking chops than Tom, and he has been slightly better at working together (he works better when they let him be in charge, though).

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, April 16, 2023 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
No question Buddha has great cooking chops but he tends to bully people when he is in a group task. I also dont understand why they let Tom roll over them regarding Fortnum and Mason.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I thought Tom was the bully and Buddha was just trying to say they should be more equal?

I never like the team tasks as much as the individual ones.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I've never thought of Buddha as a bully.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I am still loving this season!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 14, 2023 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This is a final 4 where I have NO clue who to root for because I like them all!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm fine with any of the F4 (now that Tom is finally gone).

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was surprised at how much the viewers also disliked Tom. Everyone was apparently glad he is gone

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was just fine with Tom leaving, out of those left.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Padma has announced she is leaving Top Chef. This is her last season. Anyone have thoughts on the final 3? I think Buddha is going to win it. I am rooting for Gabriel.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
For the life of me, I never could figure out how Padma could eat all that food without gaining weight (because she also eats every dish in the Quickfire which none of the other judges do).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching Top Chef a long time ago. I never really cared for Padma and had no idea Tom left.
I prefer the other many baking shows.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I thought this was referring to Judge Tom C, leaving but now I'm thinking it was a contestant named Tom.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah...no, Tom Colicchio chef/judge is not leaving. Tom Goette (Top Chef Germany) was eliminated show before last.

Padma has also been eating her way through the US in her Taste The Nation show, second season. I think she is also doing 2 cookbooks and other stuff. I was wondering how she was going to keep doing it all.

She has said she gains a good 10 to 20 pounds a season on Top Chef. But she exercises a hard 2 or 3 hours a day. She is a vegan when not filming.

Padma was featured in 2023 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue. She only had 3 weeks to get ready, she lamrnted, from eating on both her shows and cookbooks. I'm thinking Padmas body on her worst day....I would gladly be happy to have lol

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I met Padma in DC when I worked at Newsweek at the White House Correspondent's dinner. She had just had a baby and She was so nice and genuine. The next day We had shared an elevator because we were staying at the same hotel on the same floor, she had her baby and all the paraphernalia that goes with having an infant. I offered to help her and she was so nice.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
What I liked about this season was the camraderie amongst the chefs. They genuinely cared about each other and helped each other when necessary throughout the competition. It was a fun season to watch.

Re who will replace Padma, I would love to see a Top Chef winner as a judge.

As far as not being a fan of judges, Gail just never did it to me. I dont think she had much value.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, June 02, 2023 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Maris I met Padma too. At my girlfriend's party at her house. VERY nice lady. I think everyone loves her! She will be missed by all.

I was also wondering who will fill her place. I think it might be Gail lol. It would make sense. Maybe a past guest judge? But now I'm having trouble even remembering any female guest judges from this country. Only a few older women. Nigella Lawson (but she lives in UK) Debi Mazar? I can't think of anyone who is younger..except for maybe Melissa King?