TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 06, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: RACE TO SURVIVE ALASKA ... USA channel: Archive through June 06, 2023 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
They made it look like the brother was being evacuated. I kept the program, have to look at the preview again.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That was what it looked like to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love this show. It kills me to have to avoid this thread all day Tuesday until I can watch my recording Tuesday night.

I agree it is crazy how they all made navigational errors this leg. It occurred to me that when they have to sleep overnight in those brutal conditions, so does the camera crew. It has to suck for them and they aren't in the running for $500K... LOL

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
When they were crossing the gorge in the beginning, I was thinking the camera crew has to do it with a pack and the camera. When they run, I think the staff has to do it with a pack and the camera. ..... and climbing straight up..... and sitting there freezing .... these crews are amazing, fascinating.

On these shows, I can't help but think of the crew. TAR has conditioned me to do that. TAR is the only show where contestants mention them. that is why I like Alone.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I also agree with you all, that the editing suggests the brother/sister team as being the ones to suffer being medically evacuated. But I didn't go back to watch the preview

Sadie let us know if upon re-examination of the previews...if you come to the same conclusions

At this point, to be taken out medically, is heartbreaking. They all worked so hard to get to the end.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 24, 2023 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I deleted it.. my DVR is too full of things I save to watch again, or haven't watched yet..

The brother and sister were in last on the way to that box but it certainly wasn't a lock that they would stay in last. He did mention injury and she slipped and it showed him before it showed the helicopter but.. we have to see..

I have a fondness for the AK brothers but any team that finishes first will be completely deserving..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight ... here is the description ...

One team gets lost paddling an icy labyrinth while another exits, revealing the final three.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, May 29, 2023 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
That doesn't sound good lol...starting to look like the winners won't have teams left to race against....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So the evacuation was staff with the two experts. They had to wait for over an hour, but were allowed that time at the end.

It was the father and son who missed the first metal box and went home but no injury to any of the racers.

The brother and sister got to the first box first but the AK brothers were right there and one of them jumped into the water without a wetsuit and retrived their kayak and they took off first. Navigating the water with all the ice (glacier?) was really difficult. Brother and sister almost caught up . both teams made it to the next box and set up camp. Bro and sis found some good mushrooms.

Father and so and the experts were at the box by the kayaking but father and son were out of time and sent home. The experts had over an hour to get to the next box, time they had waited out during the evacuation (which we didn't actually see) and they made it to the camp in time.

The next race is two days and looks quite grueling.

Father and son seemed good with each other at the end, though father had wanted the money for his son.

The experts still arguing.. the one who clearly sees himself as their leader lost his map because he didn't zip his bag all the way. They still had the other copy of the map. First guy didn't like being mildly scolded over that loss.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was a really good show. I am glad that they acknowledged that the poor camera people have to run the race as well. Hope they get hazard pay!

Amazing how the one AK boy just took off in the water, LOL, without the deep water suit.

It will be interesting to see what the last race is, what type of terrain.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it looks like in part it includes technical climbing on maybe a glacier.

Yes the one AK brother seems impervious to the cold!

The final 6 (3 teams) got letters from home.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
actually both lead teams got stuck in the ice and we do not have the story of the 3rd team going through that.
because it was a moving group of sharp shards of icebergs, they could close in on you suddenly and these were inflatable boats likely to make the titanic look safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.. Very vulnerable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It also looks like the sister ends up in the water on the next episode? I thought they made it look like that was going to happen this week.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Kar... I also thought it was this week.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think she was nearly sinking in the water this week when they were trying to get the kayak over some ice.

What a fun show this is. I wasn't too happy when dad stormed over to pout, but then he came around to comfort and celebrate their adventure with his son. I hope he has learned a lot from this. What a good kid he has.

The brothers team is really amazing. i think they likely have a bit of an advantage being natives of this part of the world, but I'd still like to see them win. They work well together.

And yeah, that poor camera crew. I hope they at least have tents and lots of food!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
She did, Brenda, altho they only showed it from her body cam so you couldn't really see what happened. But they showed more footage for next week, so not sure if that's different?

Yeah, I'm hoping the dad learned a few things, and he did seem to accept it well once it sunk in.

At this point, I'd be happy with any of the teams winning... I think they've all earned it, and I like them all.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 31, 2023 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same as Kar said.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finale Tonight!! I can't wait to see the actual race and who wins.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
aaaackkk... I can't stay up that late so I will have to avoid this thread all day tomorrow until I can watch tomorrow night after work

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
You can do what I did when the Americas cup was first in Australia - I taped it at night and watched it fast forward whe I ate breakfast, before work. Of course the talking was just nonsense and not needed, you could see all the boat jockeying and turns in fast forward but you really had to watch because it went so fast.

There is lots of time when they don't talk. I fast forward sometimes now when a pair is in fighting moods.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, June 05, 2023 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I was happy with the pair that won. Although they all deserved it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, so good. That was the team I wanted to win but they all tried so hard it was a very good race.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 1:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Very happy with final three and especially the winners.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 06, 2023 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Heh, my local Xfinity went out yesterday afternoon and didn't come back on until this morning. Tried to stream on my phone, and like Sadies would have been watching without sound and plus it kept buffering. So I gave up, and didn't show up at TVCH because I didn't want to be spoiled... and you didn't spoil...LOL.

Watched this morning, happy for the winners, and really liked how they all congratulated each other for finishing.