TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: RACE TO SURVIVE ALASKA ... USA channel: Archive through April 26, 2023 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lexie, I started to write last night that it was the brother and sister who followed them and while they helped, they got more help in terms of another team showing them where to dig for clams and the brother irritates me with his oft repeated strategy to basically suck off of others for "knowledge". Not rooting for them. The Native Alaskan brother are my favorites at this point. Early days, I know, and no one is horrible or anything.

The dad, yeah.. I can see why his son is concerned. I will say I was amazed that he was able to get back on the shaky ropes as well as he did, and stepping in quicksand.. I really couldn't tell if he was careless and everyone else saw that and avoided it or if he was just the unlucky one. Flinging that ax around was hard to watch.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, April 12, 2023 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
The dad said it was the third time he had sunken in the spongy quicksand, although this was the worst. He is a self professed klutz lol.I can see this being a thing....

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m kind of thinking it’s not fair to have native Alaskans competing, they know the lay of the land.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 14, 2023 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think they live in an area like where they are competing. Every team has some advantage.. some are much better at finding food, for instance. This is a race but also a survival event as well.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 4:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Right... all the teams are weekend warriors.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 15, 2023 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, having been all over Alaska, albeit quite a few years ago... it is VERY different from place to place.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 17, 2023 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight!!!!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I love the native Alaska brothers team -- and yes, they said this area of Alaska is very different than where they live. Who knew Alaska had rain forest?!?! I certainly did not. Never expected to see so much foilage (other than pine trees, etc) and swamp like ground to sink into. Wow.

Got caught up on this show last night and am really enjoying it. The scenery makes me wish I had an even bigger TV. And that woman saying "see you in heaven" was chilling. I also felt angry that she was saying she was dizzy and needed electrolights, but it seemed they didn't stop!

The dad son team I want to like -- I like the son, but the dad is bugging me with his know-it-all behavior. Dad, your son is not a child any more!

I like the women doctors team -- I hope they go far.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Who knew there was quicksand in Alaska? That was crazy.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the dad on the dad/son team, but he sure had the right read on this recent leg! Put them into first place, and they ended up finishing second overall. Gotta give him some props... and for continuing when he was horribly ill.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I give all these people props for not only surviving this, but wanting to do it? I won't even camp in a tent, let alone wander in the elements, wearing mosquito netting on my face while starving and wet. These people are tough!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
They are Brenda, but frankly, except for a few exceptions, they didn't seem to choose teams that had real adventuring or survival experience? Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but some of them seem way out of their element.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The show last night was great. I still worry about Dad, he just seems so prone to injury, but he was smart on the navigation.

I think that these teams thought they were going on an adventure trek, and didn't consider the "survival" part. Most seem to be good at treking, maybe not in this environment, and that stuff. But they don't seem to have any survival training.

Alaska is amazing, I have been there a couple of times but never realized they had the quicksand!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Many states are like that.. The entire west coast is often thought of as beach and palm trees, but there are mountains and desert too..

The dad gives me mixed feelings, too.

And the two guys who were arguing and getting all huffy with each other.. Hard to hear.

Oh and the woman who got her stuff wet. That can be critical, but hope they got stuff dried out.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The west coast is a long distance. I don't think anyone confuses Maine and Florida but it is east coast.

I think it is mostly that people only think snow in Alaska.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 18, 2023 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
MODS - Any chance you could pin this link at the top of this topic?

https://www.usanetwork.com/race-to-survive-alaska

I just found out I can watch it online through Peacock at this link.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good chance!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Love those mods!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 19, 2023 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You did the hard part: provided the content.. I just had to add an announcement and put the information in it..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 24, 2023 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New tonight!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My husband and I love Alaska reality shows. We watch them all and he walked in when I was catching up on this show on Saturday and said I thought you said this was in Alaska. Who knew they had a rainforest?!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Another good show! Good on Max and Christian for catching fish, when the Alaska gents could not.

No one else really looked for food, I think that will catch up with them.

I felt bad for Robin, with Elizabeth threatening to quit so frequently. Was so sure Elizabeth would drop out when she saw the cliff traverse. Who knew that was her jam?? What a turnaround. I don't think it will last, but it was good to see for the moment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 25, 2023 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love that they are on Kodiak Island, it is the one place I always wanted to visit but didn't manage when I was in Alaska. Can't wait to see how many bears we will see.

I thought it was interesting that no one else even tried to find food / fish.

I was about ready to send Elizabeth home!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 3:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I couldn't get over how Elizabeth mastered the cliff traverse. I absolutely love this show even though it gives me chest pains... LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2023 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kodiak Island is one place I would love to visit. BEARS!

I wish this show were longer. I'm enjoying it. It's always sad to see a team leave due to injury. I'm glad the ladies hung in there. It's interesting that the teams don't seem to know native plants or bugs to find and eat, besides berries and that one grub.