TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Top Chef 20 - world All Stars: Archive through March 23, 2023 users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am so looking forward to this show March 9th.

I knew there were other country shows, but not how many!

People appearing on here will be from Top chef - Mexico, Italy, Germany, Thailand, Middle East and North Africa, Canada and Spain.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 03, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, for the reminder, Sadiesmom!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Starts tonight!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the show, but my dvr took Andy Cohens show as part of top chef.

The first shows are hard when you don't know the people. Funniest moment was the woman from Brazil or Spain said this was her last cooking competition for her, after this she will just go on Love Island.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it yet. I couldn't stay awake.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 3:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I watched both episodes last night. I'm having a hard time figuring out who is who because they don't leave the names with their info on the screen long enough for me to read them. It's on the screen for a quick blip! They are even doing it to the guest judges. Very frustrating.

The lady who left last night, what did she make? I can't remember. Was she from the US?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She made a good stew with bad rice, but it was a rice challenge.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It was Dawn from US.

I was a bit confused about the woman from Brazil. When judges were eating, I thought they liked her dish but then she was in bottom 3. The bottom 3 were chosen based on how they cooked the rice. Dawn had 2 strikes. Her rice was not fully cooked and her dish was not rice forward and not as described.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of the bottom three mentioned that in her country potatoes were important. From the beginning other chefs raised eyebrows about her insistence on including potatoes and rice in her dish and the judges also mentioned it.

The first Last Chance Kitchen has aired.

I went to look for links and list of chefs but between Bravo and Peacock, seems like video content and wanting you to sign up for Peacock.

I just watched it on my Spectrum DVR, the shows and Last Chance Kitchen.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 17, 2023 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I read a review, I got mixed up on (Spain) Begona's dish which judges loved and (Brazil) Luciana which they didn't Sorry.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It was the chef from Poland (Sylwia) who said she doesn't cook a lot of rice dishes in her country.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
We need a banner to figure out who is who. Lol!

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2023 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think the Polish chef should have gone. She was disdainful of the competition because she is Polish and they only cook potatoes. She was half invested in the whole task.

I am liking this season though.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
The issue for not Americans is that American shows have a more diverse cook because America is the great melting pot. Also they have some unique rules nd options like Last Chance Kitchen. The Chef from France said they never did shopping for food. I don't know if it was him for the pandemic, or always like that in France, but he was bad budgeting money.

It is quite possible that the Polish show never had them cook rice.

Now my mother made her Golumki with rice, but maybe it is not normal for poland

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was the Polish chef who shared money with the chef who ran out of his budgeted money. So, there is that. Hopefully she won't use an excuse next time.

But rice is pretty staple and Poland isn't exactly an isolated country.

I was more upset with one of the male chefs who seemed to not respect the space of others (and there isn't much space),but slopped his ingredients into one of the female chef's pot and not sure if it was him who removed the pots of water.. yes, he asked to the general group but that chef didn't hear him and that action put her dish at risk. Can't say who it was since I really don't know most of them yet.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It was actually the chef from Thailand, May, who shared her extra money.

They definitely have different rules; I was surprised that the French chef said they never had less than 90 min. for a quick-fire!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2023 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, May was making desert. She did not need expensive ingredients, I think she gave 200 or 150. she only spent 150 and she was in top 3.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, March 21, 2023 - 1:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised they let May give the rest of her alloted money to Gabri. I wonder if the other contestants thought it was fair? Especially to the one that went home. I wonder if May would have still given Gabri the money if she hadn't had immunity? I'm glad Gabri didn't win though...that would been a sticky situation

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well she did have immunity but in the past I've seen chefs give money or share actual ingredients with other chefs, so I think it is legal.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Right, I agree. We have seen chefs borrow a bit of money or an ingredient in the past. But the alloted budget was £350 and Gabri was over by almost half. He would not just had have to modify his dish. He flat out would not have been able to make it. I think he said he had 54 spices in his mole?

Gabri has been described as a walking disaster. So I'm just wondering if May would have thought twice about giving another chef that was more of a threat such an advantage? It seemed a strategic decision. Especially because she had immunity. Even though I think May is a lovely person. I would love to know her thinking. Seeing as this is World All Stars, I guess I was just surprised

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess they might hate to appear ungracious on camera, unless they were cast as a villain? Yeah, I don't know. I think she should have thought of more things she needed to enhance her own dish, first. And he should have left some of that stuff behind.

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I don't think they should be allowed to go over by more than 5% and they can ask for up to 5% from others. Part of the challenge is knowing what you can do with a fixed amount.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 22, 2023 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think it has ever been an issue before, so I guess it will go on the list of rules to be looked at in the next show.
It was very odd.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 23, 2023 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
This is a fun list of rules, but doesn't answer the question about budget.

https://www.delish.com/restaurants/g36210047/top-chef-rules/