TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: HGTV - Remodeling and other Shows: Archive through October 11, 2020 users admin

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree with you about Trading Spaces. I can't even get any good ideas from them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
$300 for those pressboard bookcases? I wouldn't have paid $20 for them. Why didn't he go to a thrift store and get something better than that?

And Guinievere hates the word "crafty".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, May 04, 2019 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I did not like the winner’s male client.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Everytime I see these "accordian" doors that open onto the patio / balconies all I can think of is how problematic they would be because there is no screen to keep out the bugs!

I don't know why it bothers me so much but I can't imagine having one of those doors with some sort of screening system.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, if you are in a high rise, bugs only get so high. and I guess there are some areas in the desert where you don't get flies,but you could get scorpions.
Honestly I don't know,that is why I liked the screen that comes down for the porch to the back yard in the HGTV house. If you want to be outside on a porch, fine. there are times of the year when I sit on the porch or eat in my backyard. but there was the horror of the bugs that bit every inch of me last year (tiger mosquitoes? out in the daytime)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 6:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've heard a rumor that there are places where there aren't mosquitoes - but here in Texas that is just a nasty little rumor!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, everywhere I have seen them on the HGTV shows they are on houses on the ground, and most of the cities are not ones that I would think are "bugfree".

That's why I think it is so odd that they never consider the bugs. Most recently I saw one on Nate/Jeremiah by Design and that was down in LA, there are plenty of bugs down there.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
there are some shows where they are talking about apartments, and I saw one woman yelling about flies in a penthouse apartment,she did not want to have flies, well on the 21st floor. Butte door to the patio all opened up. Honestly I do have an occasional ant problem, but it used to be day time, there were a random fly, not an abundance unless something died near by, but now the mosquitoes are out in the day time. it really never was a problem before. But dusk through the night you wanted a screen. Now I want to screen in my deck. Most of the days at the beach, during the day you did not need a screen, except the few weeks of the green head flies.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I made it a point to checkout the HGTV house since you mentioned that screen. That was very cool.... I couldn't help thinking I hope there is another way into the house so the kids wouldn't keep running up to the screen saying let me in, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think there is a door. But I hate the lights all dust collectors and the flowers on the outside on the second story,who exactly is going to water it, hate that kind of design. not so smart house.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
When I asked my neighbor why she bought windows without screens, she replied that there was no problem with flies. A year later screens were installed. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, too funny.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
HGTV, ok a Physical Therapist and Mom of 10 children in Las Vegas and they put in practically a soccer field in the backyard, all grass and a $5000 irrigation system.

Did they even think about how much it will cost to water? They should have used irrigation like they do in Arizona when they flood the yard.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 12:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You are talking about Property Brothers Forever Home? I agree - I thought for sure they would go with fake grass but apparently it was a priority for the parents.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 30, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I don't think it was Forever Home, they had sold their house and were trying to find a new one. The backyard was huge and was all dirt when they got the house, can't remember if it was a new home or not.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I saw the show but I have no clue - those "Property Brothers" shows all kind of blend in together. They took the ledge off the stairs (which made sense) and couldn't get a permit to extend the dining area, right?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes, LOL, that was it. They had to get a builders permit to do the change on the front of the house, and those take a lot longer than a normal work permit.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Just read a story on msn from the Daily Mail that Christina and Ant Anstead have separated and are planning to divorce. This just as her first ex, Tarek has been shown in previews getting ready to propose to his new girlfriend, who looks so much like Christina it's freaky.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/christina-and-ant-anstead-s-friends-are-shocked-at-their-separation/ar-BB19dl3P?li=BBnb2gh&ocid=msedgntp

Rvon

12-11-2003

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Wow! Gotta say I did not expect this at all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know, I was quite surprised. I mean didn't they just finish redoing their house! And having a kid.

Hmmmm, was she pregnant before they got married and maybe they rushed the marriage because of it? Just wondering, don't care if she was but thought it might be a reason for the short marriage.

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Sunday, September 20, 2020 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I don't think she was pregnant when they got married, but got pregnant shortly after.
I was quite surprised when I read the story. They seemed like a good match and I enjoyed when Ant would appear on Christina's show. Then again, the public didn't know how bad things were between her and Tarek either.
It said in the article, and I remember hearing Ant say at one point he was having a hard time with the pandemic because his older kids were with their mother and he hadn't been allowed to fly overseas. Maybe once he was able to see them, it made him realize he wanted to move back to his home land. Very hard with a blended family, he has 2 kids, she has 2 kids and together they have 1. Nobody wins here.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OH I want to talk about the HGTV Urban oasis.

really is someone supposed to live in that mess, the guy who designed has he ever lived in a house or only in a tent in the desert?

No garage, in Maine coast where is snows over 60 inches a year. where it rains or snows almost half the years so not a lot of hanging out in the back yard.
they designed it without a garage, because you love digging out your car, but wait, no cellar or even a shed for the snow blower and not a lot of spare room in the house, no we have to fill it with over sized furniture and stairs and hanging lights to bump your head on if you move the furniture.
Also that mud room, not one inch above the ground, perfect to flood when it rains.

Inside you get to go into the entry/stairway with bright red and white horizontal steps guaranteed to drive you mad, even the steps are painted red and white, so you can get dizzy while climbing,

In the living room with the over sized furniture, so you can't reach a window to open it. there is a gigantic 400 pound lamp you will have to hire someone to move or better yet, throw out. It takes up a lot of room.

the kitchen has a giant wooden table and artfully mismatched chairs because the designer thought it was cute. that table keeps you from comfortably moving around the kitchen.

go upstairs and the guest room has no closets. there is also a master bedroom and a studio with closets??? The bedroom also has hanging dust collecting flags. I think they think it is Maine-ish and nautical. And ceilings so high you need scaffolding to clean. there is vintage furniture here , they think vintage furniture is beat up, I have my own vintage furniture (50 years old) that I have taken care of, looks much better.

they used to have nice livable houses, but I guess they feel they have to make them never seen before now. so depressing. would like a nice easy to live in house where you can clean the lights

they put garages in most of all their houses, just not the ones where it snows a lot, like the house in the mid west a few years ago where they turned the garage to a second art studio because the basement was also a studio.

sorry just had to rant where someone might also see that house, most of my friends do not know it

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 10, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, I didn't realize it didn't have a garage, that is just stupid.

I did think that red/white stripe combo was the worst, why in the world he thought that was representative of the area just because lobster pots are red was beyond me!

I didn't pay that much attention after the red/white debacle, next time it is on I will look for that awful lamp!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sadie, you got me curious and I want to watch this episode. But I just checked On Demand and it doesn't list this show. Dang.

Altocat

09-06-2020

Sunday, October 11, 2020 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Altocat a private message Print Post    
My kids and I have been watching four new houses being built outside our subdivision. It seemed strange because they are really close to each other and are all exactly alike. I jokingly commented that maybe HGTV was coming to our town and GUESS WHAT? I was right. It has been confirmed. They are getting ready to film Rock the Block 2 within walking distance from my home!

https://www.hgtv.com/shows/rock-the-block/articles/rock-the-block-season-2