TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: 19 Kids and Counting - Duggar Family: Archive through March 17, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OG, we don't have to see their tax returns. The Duggars have managed to have their personal home declared a church and they are free from paying property taxes, and any donations are tax exempt.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
I am prob in the minoriety here but considering the kids were all homeschooled and how much they do prey in their home do we really care about their taxes. I find many of the kids charming. Though after all of the Ashley Madson stuff and the reveals of molestation that's a little creepy. I do enjoy watching counting on though

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Do we get to see the tax returns of other reality tv stars?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 02, 2017 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think it's a valid point if they did indeed declare their personal home a church...

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I would think if they say their home is a church it must have been approved by the governing authority. Don't we all take advantage of every deduction we are legally allowed to take?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There's a difference between taking legal deductions and distorting the truth to get unfair deductions. That's wrong.

(I don't know if the Duggars have done that or not.)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
From May, 2015:

It appears the Duggar home-church has been disbanded. The lease on the building they were renting expired and many of the families have moved on.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 03, 2017 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
OG - yes and no. Some of us don't take advantage of certain deductions because we don't think they are ethical.

One would think a religious person would be concerned with ethics and morals.

I don't know the whole story, frankly, but that Facebook post had more to it:

It appears the Duggar home-church has been disbanded. The lease on the building they were renting expired and many of the families have moved on. It may only be for the summer or permanently. The Duggars were spotted visiting and performing at the First Baptist Church of Bentonville tonight. I hope they are ready to return to a mainstream church with actual children's programs and activities but I will miss the Church of the Blacked-Out Windows.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=738877716211040&id=269181913180625

That said, I couldn't find any proof that they actually did this, but I'm not going to spend more time looking.

Katycat74

07-17-2014

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katycat74 a private message Print Post    
Jessa had a baby boy (no name yet)

http://people.com/tv/jessa-duggar-seewald-welcomes-baby-no-2/

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Can't wait to see what name they pick out.

Connies

03-11-2010

Monday, February 06, 2017 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I agree with Mom of three, I don't fault the kids and they are all charming. I enjoy watching Counting On as much as I used to watch the 19 kids and counting.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    

PEOPLE.COM

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 08, 2017 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Good looking family! These older Dugger kids (less Josh) sure all turned out to be fine young adults!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone watch the show after Counting On last night? It was about the Putnam family who all live together in one house. The parents, their 4 kids and their spouses and 15 grandchildren. I thought that was an interesting idea of togetherness but after watching, it felt strange. They all pool their money together into one account. And when the youngest daughter and her husband, a resident who had to drive one and a half hours everyday to the hospital, wanted to move closer to the hospital, they had to have a family vote or they couldn't move.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2017 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Mamie, I saw parts of that, they were at the grocery store trying to get the guys to get the female products... then there were 25 carts - I think 1200 (1,100?). They used credit card and said it would last a week.... well if there were 25 people, 5 families that seems a reasonable amount...

But the family voting on whether the couple could move closer to the hospital for his residency (he was realizing he was falling asleep at the wheel, not realizing how he got home) such drama... but do they get money from that pool, or will they be on their own, and where will he practice? And wasn't one of the adult sons also a doctor.

And why was I watching? lol

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 04, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't know how anyone knows that the Duggar kids less Josh turned out to be fine young adults. I suspect they are just as awful as Jim Bob and Michelle who in my opinion are terrible parents.

Anyway, Jessa's #2 baby is named Henry Wilberforce Seewald.

On the show, Joy-Anna accepted Austin's offer of a courtship and in real life is now engaged to him.

Jill and her husband have baby #2 on the way and asked for donations of $24,000 to fund another mission trip to Central America. A trip they are currently on. With Zika being a real threat to that baby, I don't know why they don't stay in the US and beg for money to fund mission trips (where their mission is to convert others, including Catholics!, to their brand of Christianity) to US places.

These Duggars and also the Bates family present such a picture that I believe is dangerous. They are the same family that appeared years ago all dressed alike with the same extreme fundamentalist patriarchal Christian beliefs. They just dress better now and wear make up.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Wow!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, May 27, 2017 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Joy-Anna got married on Friday. And Joseph got engaged at the wedding.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Josh and Anna are expecting a baby in the fall.

Starr

07-09-2005

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
New episode of Counting On last night. This show needs new editors!! Way too many clips of old old news.

It was fun to see Joy & Austin's honeymoon in Switzerland but in real life, that happened SO long ago. So long ago, in fact, that they just delivered their son a few days ago.

Other parts of the show were worse. Joe and Kendra in the planning stages for their wedding. That was so long ago that they, too, are having a baby boy. Does the show forget that we already saw their wedding??

It was nice to see Jeremy & Jinger moving into their new home. (They are also expecting)

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I watched at this last night. I just don't find this family very interesting anymore.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
Apparently Derek Dillard (Jill's husband) has been fired from TLC (according to radaronline). He's made some comments on Twitter RE: Jazz Jennings and her choice to transition to female, her parents allowing her to make that decision, etc...

Numerous times in Derek's comments, he refers to Jazz add 'he'. TLC did not like his speaking out about it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Starr, I'm delighted to hear that. Because I stopped watching and they lost me as a fan completely when I read his nasty tweets. What a holier-than-thou judgmental creep. They're all a sanctimonious lot. I'm fed up. And they have lost me as a viewer. Just keeping up with their shenanigans here in this thread.

Starr

07-09-2005

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
》 What a holier-than-thou judgmental creep.

I definitely agree!! I'd be curious to hear from Jill. Does she stand by her man no matter what? Or does she have her own voice and opinion.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, March 17, 2018 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My guess is that most if not all of them hold the same beliefs and opinions. Just some of them are more discretionary about sharing them.