TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through February 25, 2021 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't see Paige as expecting to walk away from his child, but maybe I missed something. I do see her as wanting him to do both - be a dad and honor his vows to her?

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Karuuna I guess I was surmising that from her believing Chris when he said his wife would come first before all others. She agreed that was the way it should be.
I don’t necessarily agree that that is always correct.
For me a person first responsibility is to the children they bring into the world. Until that child is raised to be able to take care of themselves.

Chris doesn’t want to share his income with her so how’s that going to go when he has to pay child support.

I do agree with Chris on one area, it’s not the other couples business and they should look out for their own relationships.

I hope that this show would not penalize someone for not staying when it was the shows doing that put them in a harmful situation. I don’t see how they could call themselves experts in anything while forcing a person to stay in a relationship that is emotionally abusive.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx again Kar. Great post Birdie.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah, I forgot about the money thing! See? It's just one thing after another with him. Run, Paige!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 12:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well they have to be paid for being on the show. I think she could still agree to appear, but ixnay with edbay. If the producers matched her with this guy, they should pay extra for the pain and suffering

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying the couples cam spin-off....

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am too! I wish they hadn't move the interview show to Discovery Plus. :-(

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yeah. That makes no sense to move it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Couples Cam is fun!

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Why isn't Rev. Cal having a talk with Chris.
TLC is moving quite a few shows to Discovery Plus.
They want the subscription dollars.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 20, 2021 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think they don't do talks with them until the honeymoons are over? But yeah, this seems like it would call for that. And Paige should make them talk to him!

The only show that I have seen move to Plus only that I watch is the interview show for MAFS. I keep trying to find what they are offering there that would make it worth the subscription, but no luck.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Chris is just an evil, evil man, playing with Paige's emotions for his entertainment and trying to get his girlfriend some air time which it looks like production fell for.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I'm not surprised. I'm still angry that they cast him and put Paige through that. Anyone with half a brain could see that he was a narcissist.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm probably going to get roasted for this but... I'm rapidly losing patience with Paige. Her situation is infuriating and heartbreaking. But she doesn't seem to have much self respect or common sense in this situation. She should be long gone. Even after her convo with Pastor Cal she seemed to waver a bit. It boggles the mind that she seems to fluctuate between clarity and wishful thinking, (which makes it easy for Chris to cruelly yank her around emotionally.) It's irritating and pathetic. And hard to watch. I read they do ultimately and officially break up so that makes it somewhat tolerable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
From a psychological standpoint, women are far more attached once they have slept with someone, and per her reports, she and Chris were having sex regularly.

Yes, I wish women were physiologically built that way, but they are, and it does often get in the way of rational decision making. Pair that with the pressure that the show puts on them to stay together.... So I'm going to cut her a break here.

She needs to get completely away and spend some time with HER people to get clear.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't feel sorry for Paige any longer. According to what has been posted Dr. Pepper gave her an out, no fines, still get her salary and she could leave. Paige said no she would stay.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah I read that too Lazylu. Like I said, boggles the mind.
And Kar, I completely agree, she needs to decompress with 'her people'. It's been bothering me that we didn't see much if any of her family on the show. The episode where they have brunch with each other's families, you don't see Chris with her family. That's always bothered me. And it makes her look more isolated in the situation.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lazylu, where was that posted and by whom?

I'll say again, that women are different biologically after they have slept with someone. That clouds their thinking. How many times have we ourselves stayed with someone long past when we should have dumped them? Most women have, IF they slept with them.

Sometimes it's hard to over come the biology. I'm saying this as someone who worked with abused women for many years.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yes. That's the heartbreaking part.

For me it's somewhat nonsensical though, that even after everything she's been put through, it's only been about A WEEK. Pack up your hurts, and let him go back to the ex-fiancee, where they have a history, and let them work it out. It's what he says he wants, anyways. The ex-fiancee can't possibly be too thrilled with Chris either considering he rebounded from their breakup by marrying a stranger on TV, just six weeks after having 'sympathy sex ???' with her because her father died.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, women can do stupid stuff. I still have compassion for them, because lord knows I did my share of stupid stuff over men.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Oh me too Kar, me too. ;(

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I believe it was on Married at First Sight on their Facebook page. I have no idea who the person was that posted it. Maybe look up Dr. Pepper and Paige on Google. I can look later.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thanks, didn't know they had a Facebook page!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I think it's called MAFS on FB. Not sure.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
If you google married at first sight there are many different places that post about the show. Like People.com and TVInsider. There is also a FB page.

I’ve read additional information about Chris, Paige, the ex and the “baby”.
I don’t know how to post a spoiler box but there is a lot of information out there about them and none of it is positive.

Paige seems to be misguided on her belief that once married you stay that way no matter what, period. Very sad and a very old patriarch version of marriage that harkens back to the age when females were owned by either their father or husband.