TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 29: Archive through September 22, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 1:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Watching 48 hours and Carol Baskin would be reason enough for me to not watch, as is Tyra and the firing of Tom and Erin.

I would miss Len, but flying back and forth would not work.

So many reasons.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
How did Keo get ‘re-branded’ as the king of the dance floor???

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Guess ya’ll are really boycotting LOL
I just remind myself of the tizzy I went into when Jerry Springer was going to be on, and then he turned out to be one of my favorite dancers that year.
But, Tyra isn’t doing a good job.
Carrie Ann looks gorgeous! Bruno is now silver haired and so handsome. Dereck...great to see him.
Interestingly, I thought Johnny Weir was a little stiff.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oops. I didn’t even know it started.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I actually liked it very much. Surprised myself. It felt fresh. Tyra is ok although a bit full of herself. I miss Tom! I don't see why they couldn't at least have been a team. I used to fast forward through most of the post-dance interviews with Erin. Not because of Erin per se, but it always felt like silly filler. I find the pace is snappier, the set is cool, and the judges table with Derek is awesome. I'm really only confused about the background cheers and boos. Is it a live video zoom audience like on AGT? If yes, that's great, but did I miss any mention of it? If they didn't mention the audience at all that's just bizarre. If I missed it, then okay. But in all honesty, with all the bleakness in our lives these days, I was overjoyed tonight to have my very favourite show back. And the cast is an interesting mix. Although I do want to see that Tiger King woman Carole Baskin (who's a dreadful dancer anyways) gone.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’m pretty disappointed that I didn’t know it was on. Not very well promoted I guess.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I remember not liking Erin Andrews in her first few weeks and then became a fan as she quickly learned the ropes. Tyra needs to forget her wardrobe and focus on presenting the dancers. She is not the main event here.

AJ did great for the first night but then that was expected as he did dance with his boy group.

Vernon Davis looked nervous but hopefully will improve as he goes. He has a great voice. Does anyone know if he is an announcer?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I cut over about halfway through and saw Nev and Jenna. Nev is fun and a good dancer. Bruno looks Fanta with white hair.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Oh and Vernon Davis is not an announcer. But, probably has done so many football interviews in his career that he’s comfortable talking to a camera. I think He does some sort of art design as a career now.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimmer I'm fairly certain it will be available 'On Demand' at some point this week, which is great, if you have that option.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thankfully Monday Night Football will entertain me this year. DWTS was a good summer filler, but not sure it can compete with football, not without Tom and Erin.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 14, 2020 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I fast forwarded through every second of Tyra and Most of the show except actual dancing (and ff through some of those).

The fake cheers and boos were disturbing. They were not spontaneous reactions to good moves.

I kind of doubt that I will keep watching.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It was kind of strange. The set made me think of Thunderdome or some other futuristic movie. The fake cheers and boos were kind of weird, especially when Bruno would turn around and act like he was talking to an actual audience. Still can't stand Tyra. I agree, Mameblanch, Tyra is very full of herself. I didn't like her on AGT and still don't like her here.

And Carol Baskin should be the first to go. She looked very uncomfortable and awkward.

I love Johnny Weir. He might have been a little nervous, but he will improve. He's a showman, after all!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Looks like my DVR taped it so I may watch the dancing. I'm still so angry about firing of the hosts.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Apparently Carol Baskin's missing husband's family ran an ad during DWTS asking for tips on his disappearance and if CB had anything to do with it. Hmmmmm. I didn't watch "Tiger King" (we lasted about 15 minutes into the first episode and bailed out), so I didn't know about this.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/carole-baskins-commercial-dancing-with-the-stars-tiger-king-1234770377/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Excellent! It's certainly a case that needs to be revisited.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
That story is so creepy and disturbing. Good for the family for using this opportunity to try to get to the bottom of this 'mystery'. I want her off my TV so bad. Hopefully she'll be gone soon.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Tyra too -- gone with Carol.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
The dancers were not social
distancing.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, September 15, 2020 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The dancing was better than I expected for week 1. I miss Tom and Erin!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 2:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Hecka, from what I understand, the dancers were all tested and have been living in a bubble like the NBA.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Chrishelle will go, voters will keep Carol around out of curiosity.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 16, 2020 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The people on E Pop News (or whatever it is called) think the athlete (Oakley?) will go.

Kc103

07-13-2004

Monday, September 21, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
Is DWTS going to be on Tuesdays all the time now? Football was on tonight.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It seems that would be the case. My Hulu schedule shows it's on tonight and next Tuesday the 29th. How did DWTS not interfere with football in past seasons? Wasn't football on ESPN and now it's back to ABC? They also had to move "The Bachelorette" to Tuesdays, which is weird.