TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 01, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 29: Archive through September 01, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Starting a new thread for Season 29! :-)

I wonder how they are going to make this work? I guess just no live audience?

quote:

Wilsonatmd
01-23-2001
Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 5:55 am

Season 29 starts Sept 14th:

https://tvline.com/2020/08/18/dancing-with-the-stars-season-29-premiere-date-abc-dwts/

(14 pros- so expect a longer season)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I may be done with this show. I am not happy with the cast changes. I loved Tom and Erin! It will not be the same show without them. Big mistake, ABC!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yeah, unbelievably with everything else going on I'd forgotten that they fired Tom and Erin.

I can't see how this will work well without them. I'll give it a chance but I doubt I'll like it as much. Tom was the consummate host for a show like this and Erin was great as well. Plus I'm not a big Tyra fan. She seems very fake to me.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Posted by one of the pros in the Men of Dancing with the Stars FB group.

quote:

No info on the celebrities yet. Sharna is back! Three married couples competing and they have to live apart due to new health regulations. Two previous dancers are now Pros. New babies to come... Lindsay and Witney. No Artem this season, but he has a newborn. So let’s be happy for that. And, as we all know... unfortunately Tom and Erin are no longer hosting the show. But we can still cheer for our Pros and enjoy some dance. I’m sure much more info will come soon. Good Luck to Everyone!

No "good luck, Tyra" or even mention of her.

More information about the season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, August 18, 2020 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link Color. :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 12:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The ads with Tyra come across as bragging..

I am not very tempted to watch.

Tom made the show for me.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I'm not going to watch it now that Tom and Erin are gone. They made this show so much fun to watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, August 19, 2020 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Tom was the consummate host for a show like this and Erin was great as well. Plus I'm not a big Tyra fan. She seems very fake to me.

100% agree on all points, Jimmer! Very sad.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Forcing three married couples to live apart from each other for three months is just bizarre and makes zero sense to me (but I'm not from California).

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I am from California, and I also think it's bizarre. What does California have to do with it???

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Because they are saying "due to new health regulations." We don't have health regulations in Louisiana that say you have to live separate from your spouse for three months. I'm assuming this is a "California thing."

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's not a California thing. LOL people aren't living separate from their spouses in California. It's probably a DWTS thing and it's part of the contract they signed when they agreed to perform on the show. No one "forced" them to sign the contract.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I live in So Cal and it doesnt make sense unless they are putting all the dancers in a bubble like BB

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I think the ‘logic’ is since none of the married couples are partnered with each other but with two other people, if the married couples lived together and got sick 2 teams would be knocked out of the show. But if they were separated, only 1 team would potentially be affected.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy, but why not put the spouses into the bubble as well, totally makes no sense.

If they are all in a bubble no one gets sick and infects anyone else.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They may have offered that but the spouses may have had other commitments?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I think they are just being overly cautious, to be extra sure nobody gets sick. I'm still not sure I'm interested in watching this season. I'm really upset about Tom and Erin being fired, and I can't stand Tyra Banks. She is no Tom Bergeron.

Bbpeach

07-07-2005

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbpeach a private message Print Post    
sounds to me like each dance couple will be housed separately. Since some of the pros are married to each other, then they will be separated from their spouse. I don’t know if the stars would also be separated from their families or if maybe the pro moves in with the stars families? Seems like then the whole family would have to be quarantined as well tho. Regardless, I think the post from the FB group is only talking about the pros.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 20, 2020 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a California thing. A COVID thing.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It makes ZERO sense to me

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pretty sure it was the only way they were allowed to have a season.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 25, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
“That B$@*h” Carole Baskins rumored to be one of the stars.

Ladyb

12-29-2007

Thursday, August 27, 2020 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyb a private message Print Post    
GMA announced AJ McLean from Backstreet Boys as a celebrity dancer this season. Rest of cast will be announced Wednesday Sept.2

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, August 31, 2020 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The ads are annoying. All about how excited Tyra is to be host.

No thank you.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 01, 2020 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm trying to imagine the production thinking that went into the decision to fire Tom and Erin and hire Tyra? I just don't get it.