TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 02, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through December 02, 2019 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Hannah=Bachelorette=ABC darling

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hannah has a lot of fans. I'm not surprised she won. She was never bottom 2 and a lot of us don't really know who Kel is although I do think he was the best dancer of the bunch. I'm happy with Hannah winning. I've enjoyed her all season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm.. Marginally better than Ally winning. Just started watching here and massive gushing over Ally so I am surprised about Hannah.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 25, 2019 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Both of Ally and Sasha's lifts were awful in their freestyle. It looked like he almost dropped her on the first one. Couldn't believe she still got 10s!

I'm happy with Hannah winning. I wanted either her or Kel. Didn't warm up to either Ally or Lauren. Lauren just doesn't seem genuine to me.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I wonder what it was about Ally that the judges liked so much? I mean, she seems like a nice person and she danced well, but their praise for her always seemed over the top.

Other seasons we’ve had some super likable, super funny, super intense or super talented contestants. This season wasn’t very good. No one really stood out in any way.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand the Ally love either and why she scored a 30 for her freestyle but all of the others did not. I think she was not a fan favorite and the judges didn't like that? Fans don't vote for the best dancer and she wasn't even that good.

I wonder Is this the first mirror ball for Hannah's Partner Alan?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was wondering the same thing, Brenda. I was happy for them.

I agree, Jimmer. The only one who really stood out to me was James Van Der Beek. I thought he was great and very athletic (especially for his age!), but Len was such a sourpuss about him doing too many "tricks."

All the judges and the hosts (especially Tom) seemed a bit giddy last night. We were wondering if they started the after party a bit early!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, Alan said it was his first MirrorBall!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree about James!

At first, I was stuck in his well he has played unpleasant roles since Dawson, but was happy right away with him on this show and how he took to dancing (and he has posted online showing his kids dancing with each other and him..) And thought he should be in the finale with a good chance to win.

Hannah was ok and certainly I liked her better than judge favorite Ally, but it all seemed too convenient as a product placement for the Chris Harrison empire. And the sneak peek of Hannah returning to the for Peter, did she not send him home branded a liar?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was team Lauren but Hannah deserves the win. I only watched all the free styles and I definitely thought she was the best.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
They should have saved James over Ally. That would have been a better final 4.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, what Brenda said.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 3:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto. Absolutely!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched intermittently this entire season (for some reason I didn't care enough about any of the contestants to tune in consistently) so last night I just deleted the entire season of recordings. I guess I'm just more into mindless horrible reality television at this point in my life!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too Roxip. I try to find scripted television to get interested in. I just finished Shameless and Big Bang Theory,now I’m looking for something else. Oh well, there’s always The Bachelor. Lol.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Me as well. This season didn’t pull me in at all. I still half watched, but more out of habit than anything.

I still enjoy some reality programs. I’ll watch the next season of DWTS (hopefully they’ll have more interesting contestants) and I love Survivor and The Amazing Race. I’ve pretty much stopped watching the vocal talent shows though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I still love Survivor but have found myself not as interested in The Amazing Race, which surprises me because I used to find it the best reality show around.

I think my favorite horrible reality show is Unexpected. I don't know why but those babies are so cute! And the cooking competition shows still get my attention every week.

I think Grey's Anatomy is still the only scripted show that I routinely watch.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cher!! still fabulous!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, that Cher number was really fun. I loved Sonny and Cher! What a great way to enable her to sing those classic old songs as they were meant to be heard.

I record this show so that I can FF a lot. I don't think I could devote two full hours to it, too much fluff.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I loved Cher! She totally took me back to those 7th grade dances, where the girls stood on one side of the room and the boys stood on the other. She's the same age as my hubby, but Cher is in much better shape!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
her Vegas show is amazing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Love her too.

Dlkuhn4

07-13-2002

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I voted Hannah all season and would give the others (final 4) 1 vote . I think they were all deserving in the end. Ally was clearly a judge favorite. The last free style dance was crazy good for Hannah! She hit every mark, she was weightless and she was so trusting in the lifts and falling back and trusting that the pros would catch her not just Alan but pros she probably didn't know as well as she did Alan. I also loved how Alan completely show cases her and her personal growth in the end. He wasn't doing fancy stuff but letting her do the moves solo. It was amazing. As far as Hannah being on Peters season I don't see how she could be there longer then a visit with doing dwts too at the same time. I would love for Hannah and Peter to be together. I think he was head over heels in love with her. He was my favorite from the start.
I think Lauren was a sweet southern girl and I liked her free style as well. She really p!aged toward the camera in a cute flirty way.
Kel was good as far as staying in sync with the fast moves but it was good but I must of missed something because people are saying how amazing it was but I didn't think it was. It's the same stuff Whitney does with all her freestyles and she knows Len don't like it but still does it and always says it's risk.
Sasha definitely almost dropped Ally and I'm sure it was part her fault too. She didn't flow over him smoothly and it was stumbling. She shouldn't of had all 10s.
That's just my take. I also think James would of won or came in Second but he really needed to be home!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Agree with you on all points, Dlkuhn4!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 02, 2019 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There is no way Hannah could have been on both shows at the same time, other than time for readers and brief scenes.