TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Making the Cut

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Making the Cut users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through April 05, 2020Seamonkey25 04-05-20  10:52 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Fifth and Sixth episodes were really good. Change in Judges, Nicole Ritchie is gone for 5&6 and some influencer from Italy was on, she was pretty good. I really liked the Tim and Heidi show in Tokyo, I really laughed at at Tim's opening look.

I thought the fifth episode was the best so far. Won't spoil who went but

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying this and appreciate the emphasis on design vs sewing.
In fact I almost like this as much as the Netflix show .

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Agree Marameko, I like the idea of sending garments to the sewers. It adds another component. Providing clear instructions for what they need done but it also exposes who cant sew a lick.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, April 13, 2020 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I would have liked to see Jonny win the last episode. I do not understand why Ji is still there, I have disliked every single thing she has designed.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched episodes 5 and 6. I really enjoy it.

I bet they all treasure having that time in Paris and Tokyo.. So different today.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Good show today, down now to the final 3. Predictable final three. dont want to reveal anything but happy to add my two cents tomorrow.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Maris, the final 3 were predictable. I think either Esther or Sander will win, guess I find out next week.
I was impressed with the way Esther worked with her team.
Heidi was certainly a bad sport when Tim won that silly VR game they played.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I thought she was joking at first but she keep on and on. Not a good look for her! I would rather see Sander than Esther, that black gets old all the time

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy, Esthers' inability to disengage from all or 99% use of the color black will limit her global appeal, IMO. I think Sander has a pretty good chance to win.

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think Sander should win.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I watched the finale, I am happy with the ending.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Maris, who won, pretty please?

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
ok, First they had the pop-up store.

Sander had a really nice pop up store with an interesting twist of having tailors onsite to adjust garments. He was shy and it was obvious he didnt have the sophistication of being a seller, pushing his brand. Also his designs were different, I liked them but definitely geared towards mass market. Judges loved his tailor idea but thought he changed too much. It was obvious he was too young.

Jonny had a really slick pop up store and all the judges loved it, nice designs, His tehme was metamorphosis - how he has evolved through out the competition. good appeal. he had top selling dresss.

Esther had a cool pop up store,slick, defitely true to her DNA but I didn't like her theme of hungry for life, she had a knife and fork motif. Judges commented that black wouldnt translate well to online shopping.

After pop up - one designer eliminated - predictably Sander.

Final two had to submit and present a business plan to Amazon's fashion CEO. Jonny was very strong in his presentation. Esther was good but when pushed by Amazon CEO, would not budge on adding color if it would appeal to the masses.

Final show, runway. Jonny and Esther both had great collections but I liked Jonny's best - so did the judges. Jonny won 4-3.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Maris. I haven’t watched it yet, but thought for sure Esther would be the winner.

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I think she was too rigid and Amazon, plus judges thought to limited to become a global brand. She said she was happy she stayed true to her DNY. What I found interesting is that she said she was hungry for life. But really, Jonny's hunger for the win was palpable.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I agree that Sander is probably just too young and unseasoned to have made the final two. I think he will do quite well for himself though.
IMO, Jonny was the best choice. Esther is just too rigid with insisting on nearly total black clothes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think that the bag kind of epitomizes Esther.. Does she sleep in it?

It makes me think of an Amish bonnet.

But I really enjoyed this show!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 03, 2021 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Season 2 of Making the Cut starts July 16th.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Not sure I like this season of Making The Cut. Watching episode 5 right now.
I really miss the good old Project Runway days with Tim, Heidi, Nina and Zac.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 30, 2021 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too!!!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, August 07, 2021 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed this season and liked it better than the first.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, August 07, 2021 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I was a bit disappointed that Gary didn't win. I think both Andrea's showed several pieces that we have seen before yet the judges never called them on it but thought Gary wasn't as modern. Andrea Salazar's things looked like she found all of Selena and Madonna's old stuff.

I agree with Judge Jeremy that Gary is the best designer. Andrea P did make some very nice things but I was team Gary.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: