TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Below Deck on Bravo: Archive through January 27, 2020 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 06, 2020 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry for whatever I wrote that wasn't appropriate above.

I doubt Ashton would be welcome on a Captain Lee boat again (but then again it really is the producer's choice and if they think it will bring drama...).

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Hi peeps, it’s been a while since I’ve come to the board. But I had to vent about BD.

Shame on Bravo.

Ashton and his boys acted like fully Misogynistic Animals. The violence, the derogatory sexual comments, and their overall objectification of their females coworkers.

I wished Bravo would have done at least the little bit CBS did with their racists houseguests. A disclaimer saying Bravo does not condone the misogynistic behavior of the deck crew and chef.

Ok I’m done.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Roxip, I have been racking my brain for what that word could be and have decided it is probably a work like prick that starts with d. For some reason we don't allow that word, although I do feel it is a good descriptor for certain behaviors.

Lilfair I was also surprised by the deck boys (and I purposely say boys not men) childish and ignorant behaivor. Have they not even been aware of the MeToo movement and have they not seen how bad they look.

I think it was interesting that none of Season 7 crew was at the WWHL 100th Below Deck Celebration, except for Captain Lee and Kate.
Capt Lee was not amused by the crew behaviors, it will be interesting to see how the actual reunion goes.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Captain Lee has stated in an interview (I will look and see if I can find the link but it was on people.com) that he would likely not ever hire any of the "boys" from this season. Kate (who was also in the interview) said she thought Brian was the best of the lot but that he let himself get carried away with the rest. Captain Lee said Brian shouldn't let himself be a lemming.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxi, that last episode was disturbing in so many ways

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahaha, Ashton's little plan to get rid of Riley didn't work out as he had wanted, LOL.

Let's see how drunk he gets tonight. And is Kate really going to hook up, LOL.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Monday, January 13, 2020 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Captain Lee has stated in an interview

Here's another article

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/below-deck-captain-lee-says-he-will-never-work-with-ashton-pienaar-again.html/

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Remind me: Did Ashton hit on Rhylee last season or this year ?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Rhylee was sleeping with Tyler last season and Ashton was hitting on Laura, the Third Stew that told off Kate.

Why do I know this stuff? My life really is meaningless...LOL!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Roxip. I don't recall the faces of Tyler or Laura but if I saw them I would remember.
I realize that I am biased against Rhylee as she seems like a smart alecky person.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do agree that Rhylee is her own worst enemy, but I believe that Ashton had already prejudiced the other members of the crew by trash talking her before she even came on board. She was set up for failure - but at the end of the day she is extremely good at her job and works hard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Agree. She does work hard and has a smart mouth but Ashton doesn't see how condescending he can be and that he really does treat her differently than the rest of the crew.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She's a very hard workers but she has a serious hair-trigger temper. She can go off at the drop of a hat. But for this situation I blame production. They knew she was difficult to work with yet they brought her back anyway.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
They need the drama. I didn’t like Rhylee last season, this season I see more parts of her coming through. She’s too snarky for such an environment. But maybe it’s because everyone else is so bad, I like her more! 🤣

Ashton is a master at manipulating. I don’t know what playbook he’s reading from, but so far on the boat, it’s working for him, it makes me so dislike him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Interesting podcast with Kate..

https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/mouthing-off-with-olivia-caridi/e/66547929?autoplay=true

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I fully realize that I am biased when it comes to Rhylee but last night she was very argumentative at the Thai market. Or were her feelings still hurt when folks did not move over quick enough to make room for her in the crew mess ?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rhylee's hair-trigger temper does not do her any favors.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That crew mess scene was horrible in my opinion, regardless of whether I like Rhylee. School lunchroom much?

Not sure what happened at the market. I know initially she had been at the booth first but I guess she stepped away when they all were trying the scorpions and then Kevin walks up and takes the remaining product? In a perfect world most people would have left one or two but obviously Below Deck doesn't fit that definition. These people are just dysfunctional.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
TBH, it didn't look like there was enough room at the table in the crew mess for Rhylee. And then she totally loses her shit when Tanner gets up to go eat at the bar and give her a seat at the crew table. She's a hot mess.

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Tanner gets up to go eat at the bar

Which leaves the question, why didn't she eat at the bar instead of expect everyone in the booth to scrunch up even closer to each other to accommodate her?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
I've always been a big Kate fan but this season she didn't impress me. We can all pick on Ashton but her behavior wasn't much better. She's the one that woke Captain Lee and she's the one that had to pursue a relationship with one of her stewardess's love interests. Really, was that necessary? She also left the yacht and worried Captain Lee about her whereabouts. For a Senior crew member she didn't impress.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Pick on Ashton? Yeah, no. His behavior should be called out. It should never be tolerated, and on WWHL, Andy asked him about therapy, he was like yes, yes, and then said therapy is about self reflection I’m doing that

ITA. Kate was not an angel, and her tantrums at her age, and a senior crew, no.

I do add that I believe drama is encouraged but the drama here, this season, not my cup of tea

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Exactly Chieko.... why didn't Rhylee just sit at the bar to eat instead of expecting them to make room for her at the table?

Chieko

11-20-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chieko a private message Print Post    
Andy asked him about therapy,

Didn't he say he had quit drinking? That would be a step in the right direction.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kate Chastain @Kate_Chastain· 1h
Fun Fact: if you look closely you’ll notice Im not wearing epaulettes this charter b/c I figured most of the crew wasn't really respecting my stripes anyways. #BelowDeck