TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): Archive through October 11, 2019 users admin

Bblover262

08-05-2005

Monday, May 27, 2019 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bblover262 a private message Print Post    
I binged Paradise Hotel this weekend. Kind of fun to watch for the summer when there is limited good television. Miz, I completely agree that Nicole was a nasty piece of work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Songland last night? I thought the music was awesome and there wasn't a loser song shown in the group - I didn't agree with the song John Legend chose (I would have gone for the more Motown-vibed song) but gosh there are some truly talented people out there!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Interesting item- MTV's Are You The One? next season will have 16 "sexually fluid" contestants, and the matches could be any type (male/female, male/male, or female/female)

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2019/05/30/mtv-shatters-barriers-with-first-sexually-fluid-cast-on-are-you-the-one-709313/20190530mtv01/

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Watched two of A&E's Biography shows. One was about Jeff Foxworthy and one was about Jeff Dunham. I really like both comedians. I actually saw Jeff Dunham do a show at a local comedy club in my hometown many many years ago, way before anyone knew who he was. He was brilliant even back then.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I watched Songland and I also think the songs were great. The songwriter he choice was my least favorite and felt the Motown-vibed song was the best.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wondered how it would work and was pleasantly surprised at the mentoring. Personally, I like the German guys song after Ryan Tedder put his spin on it. I hope that the others careers move forward.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, May 30, 2019 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I watched the end of Songland. The song they chose, when I heard it, the refrain sounded way too familiar. It sounds like Michael Buble's Crazy Love. Listen at around :33. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKZBDeamZPU

I preferred the Motown one too.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Hurrah for Yvie on RuPaul's Drag Race!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, June 02, 2019 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't sure where to post this, but since Octomom's life was practically a reality show for many years, I'll post it here.

The Octuplets turned 10 last week! To my surprise, they really are a very gorgeous looking bunch of children. There's one daughter in particular that looks like she could grow up to be a super model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOjZAX41BMg

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Is anybody else watching Texicanos? I love this show, although they bicker more than any of the housewives. Most of them grew up in wealthy families in Mexico before coming to the US. I keep thinking about how Lorena said she never had an alarm clock when she was growing up. Her chauffeur (!) would tap on her window every morning and say, "Lorena, it's time to get up." Wow! I find myself talking in a Mexican accent in my head after watching this show (I hope that's not racist--I'm very susceptible to accents. I thought everything in a British accent when I was watching Lucifer).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Octomom's kids are tied to my life.. How?

10 years and four days ago I went inpatient with cancer and had surgery. The next morning, I was in the hospital room and the subject of Octomom came up, as in why did her doctor use so many embryos and the costs of the hospital stay at taxpayer expense and my nurse said her sister was a nurse at the hospital where those kids were born and most of the staff there was very upset about the situation.

So yes, they are 10.. Just think when there are 10 teens!!

And I have hit the 10 year Mark for that cancer.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Woohoo 🎉🎉Seamonkey. What a milestone 💕

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 20, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is pretty cool. Relay For Life the weekend will bring out some really long-time survivors as well as more recent ones.. We will celebrate yours and others from this community!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
♡Sea♡

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea, it’s hard to believe that I am a survivor, I guess I just get too emotional!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 21, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You are, for sure.

As are Mame, Vinny, Karuuna and many more here.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sadly, Beth Chapman, Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife, passed away today from cancer. Age 51.

https://people.com/tv/dog-bounty-hunter-beth-chapman-dead/

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I've been watching 'Bring the Funny' on Monday nights with Keenan Thompson, Jeff Foxworthy and Chrissy Teigen. I really like it. Some acts they love, but I don't understand why. There are others that are really great. I tend to smile a lot while watching, so will keep checking it out.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like it, too, Kookliebird.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They are doing face offs now. For the most part, I think the judges have made good decisions. I love watching Kenan though. When he likes someone, he reminds me of someone in a candy story who was told he could have all he wants. His face just lights up with joy.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've also been watching Bring the Funny. Love Jeff Foxworthy. I mostly enjoy the stand-up comics.

Caught a bit tonight and last week of a show called Hypnotize Me. It has been hilarious. Reminds me of a time many many years ago when comedy clubs were in their heyday. My late husband and I used to go see quite a few shows. He got hypnotized once, along with several others. It was hilarious. One of the suggestions was that when they heard the hypnotist say "ladies and gentlemen" they would think it was the foulest language they had ever heard. My husband at the time, got mad, and say "hey now! you can't talk like that in front of my wife!" Later I told him what happened. I said what did he say? He couldn't tell me.

We also saw the ventriloquist Jeff Dunham very early on, early 80's. It was great!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 5:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Has anyone watched "It's a Man's World" on Bravo?

Each week a different woman who experiences discrimination transforms into a man and goes into the same situation to see how they are treated differently as a man.

They've only shown the first episode so far and it's very interesting. It was about a female professional pool player. She has the conundrum of having to be sexy to get the sponsorships to have enough money to play, but that leaves her open to sexual harassment.

It was fun to watch the makeup artists and coaches, too.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’d like that. I’d also like to see it using over weight body suits

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I saw mention of a British show called The Circle on Joker's yesterday. I haven't been feeling great and thought I would check it out. I got hooked. Here is some info from Wikipedia...

The show's contestants, or "players", all move into a refurbished block of flats in Salford (previously London). However, the contestants will never meet face-to-face during the course of the competition, as they will each live in their own individual flat. They will communicate solely using their profiles on a specially-designed app, giving them the ability to portray themselves in any way they choose.

The two highest rated players become "influencers", while the remaining players will be at risk of being "blocked" by the influencers. Blocked players are eliminated from the game, but are given the opportunity to briefly meet one player still in the game.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_(British_TV_series)

It can be annoying at times that they are only talking to each other "online" and using hashtags and emojis, but it has been a bit fun to watch. A U.S. version will be coming to Netflix soon (casting closed last month). Here is a You Tube link for all of the current season two episodes...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWH1zOPc-Ul1QFlxTNjHW4Q/videos?disable_polymer=1&app=desktop

I think it only goes for another week or two. Give it a whirl if you need some escapism.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 11, 2019 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is anybody watching "Taken at Birth" on TLC? It is a very interesting show about a group of individuals who were sold by a doctor at birth - over 200 that they know of. It is so sad because there are no records and these people are searching for their biological families and have very little to go on.