TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway (Season 18): Archive through January 11, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was stupid for him to lash out like he did. The task was not to design something you would wear in the Hamptons.

He was hurt at being in the bottom again and showed his immaturity. Most designers leave with some grace and that probably helps with their career. I think this departure did not help. And it was deluded to think Christian would save him.

I am not a fan of Victoria, so I think it makes me shut down in looking at her designs.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sea, did you watch the aftershow with Christian chatting with Tyler? He's even worse with his shade and defensiveness. But it's apparent that it's coming from a great deal of insecurity and immaturity. Hopefully, he will grow out of it.

But one thing he did point out that I hadn't noticed is that Victoria has designed the same dress every challenge. When they showed them, I was like, yeah, he's right.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
seems like a lot of the designs have one side longer than the other

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's the clip showing her dresses.

Link

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I looked it up Hester was only in the bottom 3 times. The first time was episode 7 the other 2 were during the last weeks. So I stand by my statement that one of the reasons he was sent home was because this was his third week in a row. Also the other two, one has won a challenge and the other came close to winning last week, neither had been in the bottom before.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Tyler would have been dead if the look on Karlie's face could have killed him after the Kushner comment.
As much as I liked Tim Gunn I find Christian's critiques more credible and yes he us a tad snarky.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Christian must be a tad tougher on the designers than Tim. We have designers hiding from him and designers shading him. We didn’t see that with Tim. I like Christian as the mentor but I’d love to see some of his designs.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont think he is as respected as Tim is in the industry

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Tim Gunn is not a "designer," he is a "fashion consultant."

http://www.christiansiriano.com/index.php

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think it’s bc Christian is much younger than Tim. He’s early 30s but looks early 20s.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
You would think the designers would LOVE to get Christian's feedback/advice/knowledge...

He's been in their shoes...and has had a successful career in fashion... basically launched by Project Runway.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Tuesday, January 07, 2020 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
As much as I like Tim Gunn, I think Christian does a better job of actually giving useful advice to the designers. Yes, he can be snarky but so can the designers. I remember when Tim visited Christian on Christian's season and Christian's whole studio was as big as a walk in closet. And if I am remembering correctly, he lived there too. I remembered thinking it was good he was small in statue so he could live/work in such a small space. I have lots of respect for what Christian made of his career. He obviously has talent, business sense, and knows how to get along with people. I would love for him to mentor anything I was involved in.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
ITA with both Roblover and Cass_Cat. I'd much rather have Christian as a mentor over Tim Gunn.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Tim Gunn probably is a really sweet guy but fashion isn't a kind industry. Getting constructive feedback from someone who has "been there done that" like Christian seems to be much more productive. If you want someone to tell you everything you do is great call your mother (or Tim Gunn). If you want to be successful listen to Christian.

Except Hester Sunshine. She never needs to grace my shows again. Have you noticed that they aren't running those post-it notes commercials anymore (or at least nearly as much)? Post-It might have gotten a clue that the general public was not a Hester fan!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think Tim gave constructive Criticism well, it was just more as a voice from up high kind of this is the way it is, no debate. As I recall, he was very big on telling one participant his clothes looked like they were floats instead of clothes. Christian tends to tell people this is his opinion and he knows the judges. The participants have a right to listen or to not.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 08, 2020 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Tim knew the judges and would say that he was concerned..

I think they are two different mentors but each good at it.

I saw the horrible post it commercial with Hester only once, thank goodness!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2020 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, these contestants sure are mouthing off to the judges, first Tyler last week (although he did try to apologize and say it wasn't what he meant) and now Sergio this week.

Plus I can't Melanie couldn't come up with one idea about the 80's (as the judges mentioned), is she too young to remember. And Nancy was lucky she was on the winning team (she was, wasn't she) because she just refused to try and fit in. It was like she really changed after getting so much praise last week that it made her think she was too good to compromise.

Jeffrey's jacket was just amazing!

OH, Jeffrey won!! Cindy loved it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 09, 2020 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Marquis, Sergio and Melanie were all on the bottom and they sent Melanie home.

She really didn't do a very good job defending her design so I am not surprised.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I was drifting off to sleep when I heard Sergio mouthing off. I rewound the DVR this AM to watch again and he seemed truly perplexed that Cyndy did not like his outfit. Confidence is one thing cockiness is another. Not rooting for this dude to ultimately win.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved that Geoffrey won because it was so important to him, but honestly thought that Victoria's outfit was much cooler (and those boots were EVERYTHING!). I agree, however, that all of her outfits look the same and you know the judges know it, because they made a point of saying how she stayed true to her design sense. I also liked that the other designers all were saying that she basically has made the same design week after week - I suspect that sometime in the next few weeks that will become an issue.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Did she make the boots? I think it was the same design, but transformed, Nina sure loved it! ITA that Geoffrey winning was everything

Nancy confuses me. On one hand it’s “poor pitiful me, I’m old...” yet I give her a pass because I think that’s what lane “they” put her in and it’s what “they” want from her, she just doesn’t seem strong enough to use her voice, she tries and gets shouted down, so I get why she just shut down and did her own thing. But. Couldn’t she have used pink in the top instead of that green? I didn’t see the mood shopping time...

I love Christian as a designer, I just don’t get him on this show...

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I was underwhelmed by the show. I haven't found anyone to root for. And if they let Victoria get by with the same designs week after week I'm gonna be ticked off.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, I see Tyler's point, yes except it was slightly longer,it was the same profile as the dress last week and the week before.....
one side was slightly longer, but they all have the same asymetrical hem and a belt and similar necklines....... was not impressed, how many times can she do the same dress? I swear in the beginning of the show she said it would be similar to last weeks dress but she could pull it off.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 10, 2020 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
so happy Geoffrey won!!! Cindy looks great, I think she looks in her 40s and is even prettier today than she was in the 80s!

I wanted to smack Sergio, so rude and so out of touch. boy bye!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 2:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love Cyndi! I got to see her in concert at Universal back in the day.

I also loved her as a judge.. Very direct.