TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dancing with the Stars Season 28: Archive through November 18, 2019 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve just accepted that this show is silly fun when it comes to who wins. The judges’ scoring is ridiculous and many fans just vote for their favorites, regardless of how they perform. Plus West Coast fans can’t see the show and vote.

Although I personally liked Sean on the show and thought he made the best of it, I’m glad he’s gone. People were getting so stressed over it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Partisans and hardcore dance enthusiasts can be happy now that he’s gone.
I sure didn’t see what you saw Seamonkey, I’ve seen Sean as nothing but good natured and gracious. I thought the judges were sort of nasty towards him, it’s just a dance show for entertainment value and ratings, it’s not like he’s competing for a World title. Joey Fatone was great with his comments towards Sean.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sean made sure to insert that comment and thank veterans but included himself as a veteran. More self serving than altruistic considering how tight the schedule is on this show. But he got to dance early so anything for votes.

He made faces at his scores and the comnents. I did watch the whole show.

Anyway, on to next week. Did they announce a theme?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, they mentioned the redemption dances but I don't recall them giving an overall theme.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We had already decided to stop watching this show if Sean continued. I do not find his "dancing" entertaining or fun. He's so stiff and stompy.

Came here once the show had ended on the East Coast (we're in California) and saw that he'd been eliminated (thanks, Jag2000!), so it was safe to watch and enjoy most of the show. Still FF-ed thru Sean's segments. So glad he's gone.

I hope the producers will think twice in the future about bringing in someone so political again. We watch this show to escape the horrible state our country is in, not to be reminded of it. Ugh.

Pixieduster

09-27-2004

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pixieduster a private message Print Post    
Did anyone notice that Hannah’s music was very fast but Ally’s was much slower? The Spice Girls song should have been sung at a faster pace but wasn’t which allowed Ally to hit her moves easier. I like them both but thought the songs’ speed gave Ally an unfair advantage. And I didn’t think even at that, it was worth all 10’s.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I get tired of Ally's interviews. They seem never ending to me and nothing of substance is really said. She gushes a lot about, well everything ....

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    

quote:

I hope the producers will think twice in the future about bringing in someone so political again. We watch this show to escape the horrible state our country is in, not to be reminded of it. Ugh.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think just the opposite. The awful media has programmed us to believe that the opposition in politics is the enemy. It’s nice to see these people in another light.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I can agree with your last sentence, but I think there has to be some time between when that person was in office (or administration) and when that person goes on a redemption tour.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
But Sean is not in politics and he hasn't worked for the Administration for over two and one-half years (and he was only there for six months). So when is it "acceptable" for him to go on his "redemption tour?" Even though I'm not quite sure why he needs one - Josh Earnest and Jay Carney didn't.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Don't most of the contestants make faces at their scores? Not as much as the pros do, but it must hurt to think you have given it your all and not be rewarded.

And if you are a veteran on Veteran's Day then you have the right to claim that with pride.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Agree with the two above posts.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I thought Hannah B's Tango was stunning. Glad she got some 10's for that one. I don't really enjoy Ally or know who she is. I do enjoy all of the others and am Very Glad Spicer is gone. Seems each season there is a fan favorite that hangs in there longer than some fans would like, but once the field narrows and the votes are more concentrated, they get booted as they should.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 12:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No,most of them actually try to look happy about scores and listen to the critiques.

James and Hannah are doing really well, I think.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, November 14, 2019 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just saw a promo and they are just billing it as the semi-finals.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It occurs to me, I was tuning in specifically for Sean. Now that he’s gone I’m not all that interested. I do like Lauren though,she’s just so gosh darn cute.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am really tired of Hannah the victim. I thought she was supposed to be empowering women.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just wow. How many times has Ally been in the bottom 2.... and they save her AGAIN!

On the Kel bandwagon now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
http://https://people.com/parents/james-van-der-beek-wife-kimberly-suffers-miscarriage/

😥

<fixed link>

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
:-(

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
complete bs they saved Ally. James has been great all season. they suck

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
So sad about James and his baby.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I’m on the Kel bandwagon also.
I just DON’T want Hannah to even get in the F2. Do not like her.
GO KEL !!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Someone else may win the mirror ball, but James and his family have won something so much more impressive.... they won our hearts. 🌹❤️